TV Coverage and the Commentators We Love to Hate.

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I have thoroughly enjoyed McCoist's chat this WC, almost as much as I have hated Lawrenson's.

I've noticed other commentators trying (and failing) to 'Ally up' their chat. There's quite a movement, not just from John & Jane Q Tweeter, but from some inside itv sport to have Champion & McCoist call the final.

7 minutes ago, CB said:

I've noticed other commentators trying (and failing) to 'Ally up' their chat. There's quite a movement, not just from John & Jane Q Tweeter, but from some inside itv sport to have Champion & McCoist call the final.

Do ITS/STV have the final? So it definitely won't be Lawrenson? Brilliant.

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

Do ITS/STV have the final? So it definitely won't be Lawrenson? Brilliant.

Both BBC & ITV/STV show the final. Guy Mowbray and whoever versus Clive Tyldesley & whoever.

Depending on Wimbledon, you should be able to press red and go no comms on the bbc.

18 hours ago, skygod said:

My pet hate is commentators and pundits who refer to the “woodwork”. 

When was there last wooden goalposts FFS?!

It was always a stupid synonym anyway. 

I had a mate at school who was convinced that the woodwork only related to the join of crossbar and post, i.e. where the “carpentry” had taken place.....O.o

Regretful bout of laddishness in this thread - bad thing itself and detracts from the main point at issue namely what a god-awful pundit Glen Hoddle is. Last night his state the bleeding obvious comments (bit too close to the keeper etc) managed to miss the bleeding obvious point that no one wanted to win. Problem remains that Glen cannot deviate from repeating precisely what we have all just seen in case he reveals his true identity i.e barking mad. I caught a bit of Carry on Spying the other day. Bernard Cribbins was undercover as a Turkish belly dancer. Poor Glen trying to pass as normal in the land of the sane is an even greater stretch. 

Edited by Radio Doctor
Typing

22 hours ago, Scooter said:

"Di Maria doesn’t look right, he’s not himself”. Five minutes later... "goal of the World Cup so far"!

Danny Murphy on the quality of Di Maria O.o his monotone rambling gets right on ma titties!

To be fair Di Maria had a terrible tournament. He had 10-15 minutes after his goal but other than that he was a big disappointment.