Brexit

Gallus

35 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

OMG, you really think this is the first time don’t you :o

22 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Wot you on about KBP?

It's the first time I can remember when the parliament is in such crisis. There's no need for party conferences at this time and the parliament should be kept open for discussion and scrutiny.

Still waiting for the Yellowhammer docs to be published. MPs have just voted to force the government to publish no-deal plans and advisers' messages.

Here is the text of Dominic Grieve’s motion;

"That a humble address be presented to Her Majesty, that she will be graciously pleased to direct ministers to lay before this House, not later than 11.00pm Wednesday 11 September, all correspondence and other communications (whether formal or informal, in both written and electronic form, including but not limited to messaging services including WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal, Facebook messenger, private email accounts both encrypted and unencrypted, text messaging and iMessage and the use of both official and personal mobile phones) to, from or within the present administration, since 23 July 2019 relating to the prorogation of Parliament sent or received by one or more of the following individuals: Hugh Bennett, Simon Burton, Dominic Cummings, Nikki da Costa, Tom Irven, Sir Roy Stone, Christopher James, Lee Cain or Beatrice Timpson; and that ministers be further directed to lay before this House no later than 11.00pm Wednesday 11 September all the documents prepared within Her Majesty’s government since 23 July 2019 relating to operation Yellowhammer and submitted to the cabinet or a cabinet committee."

Great day’s telly! 

Too bad I took time out to watch the Scotland match. 

From the resumption until 31 October will be unmissable. I don’t rule out a Tory attacking the Speaker with the mace! Bercow is well and truly under their skin. 

Little chance of everyone returning in a calmer frame of mind. 

15 hours ago, Scooter said:

When the facts change, we reserve the right to change our minds... what do you do Tim?

And we can't leave until we decide 'how' it can be done with least harm to the country. Problem is, so-called Leavers can't give us the small things we need, like details.

"Just leave!" just doesn't wash!

(Brexit unicorns are being held up at customs so won't arrive for a while yet. :P)

i agree we shouldnt be leaving, but these missing facts are missing for indy too..............glad you pointed that out.

13 hours ago, Zorro said:

Science - we’ve decided the earth is spherical. 

BhamKillie (shouting from the moon) -you already decided it was flat. 

Science - we didn’t have all the facts back then. 

Bhamkillie (spluttering with indignation on the moon) - so you got it wrong before but think we should trust you now?

Science - lunar eclipses show...

Bhamkillie (red in the face on the moon)- you’ve already made your decision. 

Science- surely from your perspective you can see it’s round? 

Bhamkillie (eyes bulging, veins popping on the moon) - if it’s spherical why aren’t people falling off? Magic boots?

Science - that’s crazy...

Bhamkillie (patting himself on the back on the moon) - typical scientist, always resorting to insults. 

your not a lover of a democratic process are you? let me guess you think the people who did not agree with you are too thick to understand?

just as well a democracy is alive and well.

i dont want us out the EU, but the vote went that way so we should now just get it done deal or no deal

13 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

your not a lover of a democratic process are you? let me guess you think the people who did not agree with you are too thick to understand?

i dont want us out the EU, but the vote went that way so we should now just get it done deal or no deal

We seem to have wildly different interpretations of what democracy is. You believe it happens once in a lifetime, I believe it’s a constant and ongoing process. I believe in the sovereignty of the people and their elected members, you prefer an archaic system with unelected members, a hereditary head of state and a parliament beholden to permission from a parliament in another land. You support the right of a supreme leader to ride roughshod over the direction of parliament. I think it’s a democratic outrage. Your definition of democracy is unrecognisable to most sane people. 

Even when the U.K. parliament exerts it’s supreme legislative authority, people like you suggest it should shut up and get on with delivering Brexit. “This isn’t what the people voted for” they whine. Sorry it’s exactly what they voted for and a lot more recently than the Brexit vote. Yes I do believe that if people can’t understand under the Westminster system, and universal adult suffrage, the MPs they send to parliament are there to represent their shared views, then they are a bit thick. Perhaps a bit of research beforehand that their potential MPs do indeed share the same beliefs, rather than crying over spilt milk, might have been in order. 

2 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

The thing is, it is most certainly not "over" if we "just leave". Europe will still be the biggest trading block on our doorstep and the most pressing item in the new government's inbox when we leave will be agreeing a trading arrangement with the EU. Deals with the US, Japan, India or Australia will never replace the trade we have with the EU.

What leaving without a withdrawal agreement means, is that we will have no interim trading arrangements wile we negotiate said continuing arrangement. All it does is cause pain and hardship both here and in Europe but principally in the UK. There seems to be an obsession with kicking the EU in the gonads here but leaving without a withdrawal agreement will be effectively blowing our own foot off with a shotgun in the process.

Leaving without a withdrawal agreement actually makes agreeing a future trading agreement harder. If you cant agree an arrangement while you are part of the same body, why should it be easier when you are outside that body? Bozo the clown trumpets that if we leave without an agreement we can save £39bn but the very first thing the EU will say when we approach them for a trade deal is going to be lets see the £39bn, then we can talk.

And I have not started to discuss the damage a no-deal Brexit will do to the Good Friday Agreement, or the knock on effects in giving the SNP the momentum they need for a successful indyref2. Leaving with no withdrawal agreement is an extraordinarily reckless thing to do but sees to satisfy some self destructive urge in the Working Class psyche in England.

And... the above issues are small beer compared to those raised by the Scottish independence malarkey question.

3 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

i agree we shouldnt be leaving, but these missing facts are missing for indy too..............glad you pointed that out.

Unfortunately for you in the main that above statement isnt fully correct.  But you've never let details get in the way of your union at all costs viewpoint.

Edited by Beaker71

5 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Irrelevant whataboutery!

Thereone huge difference is... we are actually leaving, and soon, but how we are meant to be leaving has yet to be determined by this and previous incompetent governments.

Whereas Indy isn't happening yet!

You do get it, don't you Dougal O.o It's all about the detail... 

Dunning-Kruger Effect in glorious action. 9_9

Edited by Scooter

6 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

Did you get that first line from Farrage or Tice? The only people using these phrases are the conmen trying to rile up their base. No-one has called anyone "thick", can you show me anyone who actually has?

Conned? Yes! It's easy to be conned and I need to have compassion for they know not what they do.

'get it done deal or no deal' isn't democracy. That wasn't on any ballot paper. Our own PM said yesterday that NoDeal would be “a failure of statecraft” ...a failure!

Stop drinking the conmen's kool-aid and think for yourself. Or are you too far gone that you just can't? Don't you want to know or understand what they're up to, these people who are sowing confusion and ignorance?

'Ignoring the result of the referendum' is possibly the worst contribution of all in this debate. It's the only way they can keep the con alive. The political process since has been dedicated to nothing else but trying to deliver something that remotely resembled all the various Brexits that were promised in 2016.

Can't you understand the meaning of the word "democracy"? Shutting parliament to avoid scrutiny is a diminution of democracy by self serving people and politicians, who have ruined democracy. A dilution of sovereignty; they lied to the Queen about the reasons for suspending parliament; an abnigation of transparency... nobody is happy but we still need to go through with it, whatever happens, good or bad?? Don't make me laugh!

Nobody voted for NoDeal, that wasn't on any ballot paper either. So why are Leavers pretending this is what they voted for despite the fact that it bears no resemblance whatsoever to any of the pledges, promises and policies that were sold to them prior to 2016?

If we are to leave, we need a pathway to where we are going and what will happen. But leavers haven't given any detail because when they write stuff down, it all falls apart.

This was meant to be the easiest deal in human history, leading us to sunlit uplands. So why won't they publish Yellowhammer? I'm no expert but I'm fairly sure that you don't generally spent billions of pounds, suspend parliaments and stockpile essentials in order to mitigate the impact of a good idea!

Raab says that have a plan but just cant tell us what it is yet! Why not? Doesn't he trust the people to take it? Or maybe cause there ... isnt one? A No-Idea Brexit! You can love being lied to and deny reality till your blue but come Oct31st, it'll hit you square in the face!

The old tradesman's saying goes, 'measure twice, cut once'. So show us the reality of exactly where we are headed, with all the detail, all the implications and have a confirmatory vote! Don't Leavers want to know the tangible benefits too? An 'Is this really what you voted for?' type question.

That would be democratic!

Edited by Scooter

4 hours ago, Bhamkillieken said:

i agree we shouldnt be leaving, but these missing facts are missing for indy too...............

Times about 1,000 I should think.

However the fact there is no plan does not seem to be any impediment to the masses. And if you enquire about how this or that problem might be addressed you simply get bombarded with abuse.

That said I sense if the UK demonstrates that leaving without a plan is the way to do it then Scotland, probably NI and possibly even Wales will follow that lead and rUK will become the most isolated little empire left in the world.

31 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Times about 1,000 I should think.

How many tiles will you and other unionists peddle this s**te.  There was a 450 odd page plan. 

There is a plan now  there is always a plan with the yes movement.

Just because yoons don't like it or believe the billy bug bass bravado of WM like its irrefutable fact, doesn't mean the plan isnt there or wont work.