Brexit

Gallus

20 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The irony being, if the referendum had been legally binding, it could have been argued nul & void because of the Leave campaign's law breaking. 9_9

Except there’s to be no further action against the leave campaign because they only committed technical breaches of electoral law and there’s insufficient evidence to continue any investigation. I have no idea what only technical breaches means. It f**king blows my mind that they won’t be prosecuted because they only broke the letter of the law. 

Arron Banks thinks this merits the resignation of the head of the Electoral Commission, an investigation into why people are being investigated for breeches of electoral law and has questioned the impartiality of the commission. The U.K. is literally f**ked  

Edited by Zorro

4 hours ago, Scooter said:

There's no pleasure in this ye know, and it isn't a fight, that's the language of the leaver lemmings you want to follow over the cliff. And I think I'm still free to reply if I want on a public forum, for the time being. 9_9

So there's no benefits and nothing good will come of leaving, and you think there's going to be a rebuilding?

This is just the start my friend.

"We must respect the referendum result", the liars say. The liars have won and are in charge. They aren't suddenly going to stop lying. Look how much effort they put in to discrediting their critics, to silence our parliament, remove their so-called friends, the fake 'arrangements' on the Irish border, judges are enemies of the people ...to lie to the Queen! There's nothing to which they will not stoop. 

Bojo doesn't want an election but he wants an election. That is doublespeak.

I'll get over it when the liars have been punished and some sort of normality has been restored. 

The only truth is, those who sold Brexit are incapable of delivering what they promised! There is nothing better then being in the European Union at this time in history. You know that, and that is why so many are defying this 'will of the people' nonsense. If it really is their will, it does no harm to check before making such a drastic move.

If we've to get over the result, fine, give us something good, anything! But they can't even negotiate a WA, how do you think they're gonna negotiate any sort of deals that will be beneficial to the hoi polloi of this country? JRM has said there will be 50 years of economic harm. What age will you be then? 

And people like you are facilitating this. But that's okay, let's crash over a cliff because of some skewed idea of 'democracy'!

Have a wee read of Britannia Unchained, written by your devious and morally reprehensible friends on the front bench, then tell me these people are fit to be baristas, never mind run a country.

I don't wont to leave the eu………………………………………………….?

5 hours ago, Scooter said:

This is the main point here. Fed up voters of all persuasions are saying "let's just get it done and then we can move on". But that is not how it works. On the 1st of November in addition to the traffic chaos, the nosediving pound, the food, fuel and medicine shortages we will still need a trade deal with the EU. Except now we will be outside with much less negotiating leverage. The first thing they are going to say is, where is the £39bn you owe us then we can talk.

31st of October is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end as somebody once said. 

6 hours ago, Scooter said:

There's no pleasure in this ye know, and it isn't a fight, that's the language of the leaver lemmings you want to follow over the cliff. And I think I'm still free to reply if I want on a public forum, for the time being. 9_9

So there's no benefits and nothing good will come of leaving, and you think there's going to be a rebuilding?

"We must respect the referendum result", the liars say. The liars have won and are in charge. They aren't suddenly going to stop lying. Look how much effort they put in to discrediting their critics, to silence our parliament, remove their so-called friends, the fake 'arrangements' on the Irish border, judges are enemies of the people ...to lie to the Queen! There's nothing to which they will not stoop. 

Bojo doesn't want an election but he wants an election. That is doublespeak.

I'll get over it when the liars have been punished and some sort of normality has been restored. 

The only truth is, those who sold Brexit are incapable of delivering what they promised! There is nothing better then being in the European Union at this time in history. You know that, and that is why so many are defying this 'will of the people' nonsense. If it really is their will, it does no harm to check before making such a drastic move.

If we've to get over the result, fine, give us something good, anything! But they can't even negotiate a WA, how do you think they're gonna negotiate any sort of deals that will be beneficial to the hoi polloi of this country? JRM has said there will be 50 years of economic harm. What age will you be then? 

And people like you are facilitating this. But that's okay, let's crash over a cliff because of some skewed idea of 'democracy'!

Have a wee read of Britannia Unchained, written by your devious and morally reprehensible friends on the front bench, then tell me these people are fit to be baristas, never mind run a country.

Politicians can change their mind why cant the voters do like wise are they afraid, if the will of the people is for a no deal brexit put it back to the people

So if the "orwell mayhem" report is the Base Case Scenario, is there another government report that outlines the Best Case scenario i wonder? One that informs us of all those juicy benefits and advantages of leaving?

Just think of all that government-advised inebriation and respiratory disease after they announced "Beer, wine, spirits and cigarettes will all be duty free for people travelling to the EU if we leave without a deal."

That's giving the proles what they really really want!! ^_^

I now reckon there will be a revocation of A50 sometime in November/December.Reason being that a GE will produce a hung parliament. They still won't be able to vote anything through on consensus from the three options of No Deal, some kind of WA, or 2nd Ref. At that point of continued stalemate the EU will offer the route out of the whole mess, and 'say call the whole thing off'. Thought probably a 2nd Ref, but the revocation route will give them all the easiest way out....will obviously create a lot of anger but there we are.

Am more confident now that Brexit simply ain't going to happen.

Edited by Jedi2

What is doing ma heid in right now is the message out there that it is the establishment trying to stymie the will of the honest British people. The MSM are all  mouthpieces of said establishment and honest Boris us the peoples champion. The f**kers who funded his leadership campaign are all  multimilllionaire hedge fund managers who have shorted big time on no deal and stand to make billions out of the shortages and riots. 

FFS wake up and smell the coffee!

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

JUST turned onto bbc 1 now thought it was Brexit day arrived with land of hope and glory and flag waving turns out it was only last night at the proms

Yes the proms is nothing about the United kingdom but very much about England and that is coming from someone who is half English 

17 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

Yes the proms is nothing about the United kingdom but very much about England and that is coming from someone who is half English 

What an arrogant odious guy johnson is just saw the latest statement from him about the eu the guy who is prepared to break the law lied and cheated through the ref with those stooges gove and farage and the clown who started it cameron who finally tell s the truth about them, that deranged idiot of a pm should be locked up in the tower of london and the key thrown into the thames

Johnson to tell Juncker: ‘I won’t discuss Brexit extension beyond 31 October’

Prime minister warns Brussels that he will reject any offer of prolonged membership and renews his threat of no deal

Boris Johnson will tell the outgoing European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, on Monday that he will defy a new act of parliament and refuse to discuss or accept any offer to extend the UK’s membership even if a Brexit deal cannot be agreed, Downing Street said last night.

The prime minister’s hardline message to Brussels that he will take the UK out of the EU on 31 October, come what may, will enrage MPs from all parties who joined forces last week to force through a new law mandating him to ask the EU to prolong UK membership from the current deadline of 31 October until 31 January next year, to avoid a no-deal outcome.

Over a working lunch in Luxembourg – at which the EU’s chief negotiator, Michel Barnier, the UK Brexit secretary, Stephen Barclay, and Johnson’s Brexit adviser David Frost will also be present – Johnson will tell Juncker that the onus is on the EU as well as the UK to redouble efforts to find a deal. However, if those efforts fail he will be equally clear that he will not discuss or accept any extension and will simply take the UK out of the EU with no agreement.

The prime minister is expected to tell the commission president: “We’re leaving on 31 October, come what may – so let’s work hard to get a deal in the time remaining. Some MPs have been peddling a myth that I am not serious about getting a deal. Nothing could be further from the truth. I am striving for a deal and I think we can achieve this. I will commit UK officials and my lead negotiator to work flat out to come up with a new agreement without being trapped into EU laws.”

He is expected to add: “There should be no doubt about my determination to take us out on 31 October. I will not ask for an extension. I absolutely believe that our friends in Europe want an orderly exit, so now is the time for serious talks.”

A No 10 source said there was no chance of the prime minister going cap in hand to the EU summit in mid- October. “The PM will not negotiate a delay at the Brussels council,” the source said, before suggesting there could be legal challenges.

“We expect there to be a major court battle immediately after the 19th [of October] and attempts to pass legislation revoking article 50, which the prime minister will refuse to consider in any circumstances. Conservative MPs who want another delay don’t understand that this would probably destroy the Conservative party and put [Jeremy] Corbyn into No 10.”

Johnson took aim last night at opposition parties and the 21 rebel Tories who voted for the legislation to block no deal before being stripped of the party whip. In a statement, he told voters: “Don’t be fooled by Corbyn and the ringleaders. On the one hand, they say I don’t want a deal. On the other, they want to force me to extend. Both are wrong. I am straining to get a deal, but I will also end the uncertainty and take us out on 31 October.”

Johnson’s attempt to frame the Brexit argument as one between obstructive MPs in parliament and the 52% of the British people who voted to leave the EU now threatens to spiral into a confrontation involving the courts.

Downing Street is, according to insiders, examining whether it can challenge in the courts the interpretation of the new legislation (the so-called Benn act) to block no deal and is looking for other ways to prevent Johnson having to seek an extension.

On Saturday David Davis, a former Brexit secretary, said he believed there might well be a way “to effectively legally kill off the Benn bill”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/15/johnson-to-defy-benn-bill-quit-31-october-come-what-may

looks like crashing out with no deal.

39 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

Johnson to tell Juncker: ‘I won’t discuss Brexit extension beyond 31 October’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/15/johnson-to-defy-benn-bill-quit-31-october-come-what-may

I think BiJo sees the only way out now as a deal but the only deal on offer will never go through parliament because of the DUP.

No huge surprise then that he intends to go for the Kamikazi option and ignore UK law. Don't think it will surprise the EU either, or change their position.  "The withdrawal agreement or no deal, you decide."

The only question is can parliament force him to obey the law