Where do we stand

kfc_superteam

It's been about 6 weeks since our last game. The players will have had a good rest and I think they will be back next week for pre season. Sir Steve has secured many of our top players which has put us in a positive position. 

I think we are in a good place and I don't expect many signings. Let's not forget the most successful teams are ones who have a consistent core of players with one or two being brought in each year. St Johnstone, Aberdeen, Celtic for example. 

I think we have enough to be comfortable this year. Livingston, Hamilton will be down the bottom. Dundee have a decent team but a terrible manager. Motherwell, St Mirren, Hearts are capable of matching us this year so I don't think we should automatically get upset if we dont quite hit the heights this year. 

Key to our success will be hanging on to Steve. Hopefully we can get at least a full season out of him. If and when a championship team lose their manager Steve will be on the radar and the lure of returning to England will be there. 

If Mulumbu, Tshibola, Jones, Findlay are away along with the dross we released, I would expect at least six signings with the freed up wages and increased budget. Thinking we can progress with much the same squad is delusional. We will be a bigger target this season and every team needs freshened up, BB is too ambitious to let things rest. 

Edited by Mclean07

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

St Mirren will be nowhere near matching us this season.

Hearts have signed a load of dross as far as I can see.

Even the Hearts fans on P&B are perplexed at Levin's scatter gun approach to their clubs signings. Not one post I've read so far shows any confidence in "the crap" he's signed.

29 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

If Mulumbu, Tshibola, Jones, Findlay are away along with the dross we released, I would expect at least six signings with the freed up wages and increased budget. Thinking we can progress with much the same squad is delusional. We will be a bigger target this season and every team needs freshened up, BB is too ambitious to let things rest. 

i think he'll concentrate on quality over quantity, not too sure we'll sign 6.

As for delusional, I haven't seen anyone say we should go with the same squad. What folk are saying is there is no rush for signings, we've the nucleus of a good squad. SC will pick his targets wisely.

Always more availability nearer the window closing in England with clubs shifting players and I think that's what we'll do.

We've enough to get through cup with what we've got.

S Clarke does his business quietly when its signed and sealed we will find out. We have a basis of a squad and will be added to like( S/humper) i dont think we will make a lot of signings. But the ones we make will have quality about them that will add to the way he wants us to play and not just signed to add to the numbers.