Chris Burke

C4mmy31

I really rate Chris Burke as a player but I get people's gripe that he doesn't play enough. From the noises he's been making a few weeks ago he's keen on getting into coaching. Assuming he's taking the wage of a bit part player and that he's helping out on the coaching side then it's probably a very good piece of business. There's a lot to be said having someone with the ability of Chris Burke there to come off the bench - even if he doesn't have 90 minutes in him any more.

I’m a bit surprised by this. He’s got ability but I thought the manager would have been looking for a contribution on a more regular basis. Hopefully all his injury/illness issues are well and truly behind him now and he can be an important player for us next season be it as a starter or an impact player

I'm absolutely delighted with this news.

You can tell by his interview what an absolute class act he is off the pitch. The part of the interview at 2.04 is particularly interesting when he responds to the question about giving the manager a selection headache with the phrase "that's my job".  Football is a squad game now more than ever before, and key to any kind of success is having reserves who will not only push the first XI to high level performances, but also keep themselves in good physical condition - and as importantly in good morale - so that they can be relied upon to come in and give you a 6 or 7/10 when required.

We've got this guy and Scott Boyd in exactly those roles.  Can't have guys that are going to moan about not playing, or rocket on a stone when they're out the team.  That type of player is so key to any success you'll have in the modern game, great move.

I thought he would leave at the end of the season but don’t mind this at all. You can see he still has quality when he is on the ball. Hopefully can keep himself fit next season. 

I hope the wage he is on though is reflective of the fact he will likely be a squad player and hope it doesn’t take any of the budget away from signing someone who could be more of a first team player. I do wonder if part of him signing on is that he might take on some coaching responsibilities with the younger age groups next season 

I'm a bit surprised about this but can see the logic. He obviously offers something off the pitch that will prove to be of worth to guys like Kiltie given the level he's played at. A squad player who can also coach and develop and bring experience of his level into the dressing room has worth. You can tell by his interview he has no desire to sit back and relax so suspect that attitude is what has earned him his contract and that's a good thing to model to others at the club.