Harry Kane

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

Kane spends more time on his arse than Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar combined. Never a mention of how easy he goes down from the commentators, unless it’s to say how clever he is to “win” the free kick. 

Worse than Neymar? A bit of self respect wouldn't go amiss with this clown.

neimar-animacija.gif

2 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

Neymar is consistently fouled during games, I'm sure I seen he is the most fouled player at this World Cup, he just milks it. Kane is simply diving

Exactly. Why would you even foul Kane? He’s not going to run away from you unless you’re towing a caravan. He’s got ok feet but isn’t going to do you with a bit of trickery. Given time and space he’s got a great shot and he’s average with his head, but he’s not someone who should draw the amount of fouls he does. 

Do refs not watch any of these matches back and identify the players who go down easy? 

13 hours ago, historyman said:

Over 100 goals in 150 games for his club, 19 goals in 27 games for his country, captain of his country at 25 and currently on track to be the top scorer at the wc finals - aye, the boy is pish right enough. Wish we had some diving, slow, useless strikers like that.  

If nothing else, it's going to be a record for the most boring montage of goals from a golden boot winner.  What is it, three penalties, two taps in from a collective six yards and one that he knew nothing about bouncing off his heel?  Not sure even the greatest non-copyrighted dubstep in history is going to make that youtube video exciting.

On 7/4/2018 at 9:25 PM, historyman said:

Over 100 goals in 150 games for his club, 19 goals in 27 games for his country, captain of his country at 25 and currently on track to be the top scorer at the wc finals - aye, the boy is pish right enough. Wish we had some diving, slow, useless strikers like that.  

At last some sanity...

23 hours ago, Lorielus said:

If nothing else, it's going to be a record for the most boring montage of goals from a golden boot winner.  What is it, three penalties, two taps in from a collective six yards and one that he knew nothing about bouncing off his heel?  Not sure even the greatest non-copyrighted dubstep in history is going to make that youtube video exciting.

Kris Boyd's montage looks similar i'd have thought?

On 7/4/2018 at 9:25 PM, historyman said:

Anonymous against the better teams. After watching him against Croatia it’s easy to see why he’s still at a wee team. 

Worst golden boot winner since Oleg Salenko. Couldn’t score the important goals when his country needed them apart from the last second header v Tunisia. Largely missing in the knockout games when the games got harder. Good striker for Spurs but not a winner as not much expected of them in the biggest games. If he wants to improve he needs to move to a more pressurised environment (big club)

Vincent Kompany has been stopped at customs for people trafficking, after Harry Kane was found in his back pocket. 

Harry is never a worthy winner of the golden boot. He benefited greatly from the over enthusiastic implementation of VAR in the early rounds, but once the officials had time to study the footage in a less pressurised environment, they cottoned on that running into a defender at a corner isn’t a penalty. It was noticeable that England’s only attacking ploy was effectively nullified by a calmer interpretation of the footage in the later rounds. They carry virtually no threat in open play.

I can’t imagine Real Madrid having Kane near the top of their shopping list to replace Ronaldo. In fact it’s difficult to see where he’d get a move to the next level of big clubs   

Edited by Zorro

48 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Anyone need some goals?

Harry Kane has piles... and anything else is just sour grapes! 

:)

If he has piles, sitting on the bench at a big club probably wouldn’t be the best thing for them. Especially if they’re hanging like grapes. 

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

Take away the penalties and I don’t think he had a great tournament especially in the latter stages he went quiet. In years to come people will only remember the number of goals not how they were scored.

i had backed at 16s to be top goal scorer so i am not bothered they were penos an tap ins. just counting the money