Mascot experience

samo

Charging £120 to be a mascot  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Charging £120 to be a mascot

• Not an issue
    • A big mistake

The club could look for a sponsor to offset some of the cost to make it more affordable for more. That being said we moan when the club are not identifying commercial opportunities then when they do we still moan. 

Cant have it both ways. The package does represent great value and as a one off treat for a kid I don’t see the problem.  

It is certainty changed days when the one of the biggest gripes with the current board is the cost of the mascot package #mascotgate 

4 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

I appreciate £120 is a lot of money, but he’s going to do it once only and it will be something he’ll never forget. Some things are just priceless, although I think it’s good value anyway. 

This.  I've read quite a lot on this over the last couple of hours and I honestly cannot believe how much some people appear to be getting their knickers in a twist over it.  Personally I had never once thought that it was a service offered up gratis by the club and reading at what you get for £120 think it represents great value for something, which as Brian rightly says, is something your child is likely never to forget.

Edited by Merk

Actually I seen this retweeted by Hippo from the Trust chairman and it got me wondering, what would be the TiK process for raising something like this?

As I subscriber I don't think I'd be particularly happy if Cathy went into a board meeting on Friday and raised this as an issue without at first taking into consideration the opinion of all, and not just those with the loudest voices.

Retweeted Jim Thomson (@Jim_Thomson_):

Really disappointed to see our ‘community’ Club go down the route of charging money for match day mascots.
Hopefully the Killie Trust Director @cathyjamieson will persuade a change of heart at her first board meeting on Friday. Maybe something that @TrustInKillie can look at

1 hour ago, Merk said:

Actually I seen this retweeted by Hippo from the Trust chairman and it got me wondering, what would be the TiK process for raising something like this?

As I subscriber I don't think I'd be particularly happy if Cathy went into a board meeting on Friday and raised this as an issue without at first taking into consideration the opinion of all, and not just those with the loudest voices.

Really disappointed to see our ‘community’ Club go down the route of charging money for match day mascots.
Hopefully the Killie Trust Director @cathyjamieson will persuade a change of heart at her first board meeting on Friday. Maybe something that @TrustInKillie can look at

Exactly my thinking @Merk ......

I sincerly hope this is not the start of questioning decisions the board makes through the medium of Cathy Jamieson because those at the helm of @TrustInKillie disagree with it, without first consulting the body of the kirk.

One person's opinion is not necessarily the opinion of the majority of fans. 

Edited by C4mmy31

My first thought was it was a bit steep but it doesn't work out too bad when you break it down.

The free tickets are worth £50 and the soft drinks could add another £20 if yer weans guzzle like mine used to ... so £50 to be a mascot plus all the other wee extras isnae bad at all.

Jim T does not speak for all the Trust Board, that's his opinion, its on social media....he recognises there is an issue and hopes that our representative can help the club solve it...and if needs be we could look into the issue and see what we can do to help. What's the panic here?

For the record I can see both sides as well and think that is a clear indication that there must be a middle ground...we're Killie, we don't do black and white, let's find the grey area. As a hospitality package it looks like a fair deal. It will still be too expensive for some people. Giving it back to YK isn't necessarily the only option here, what if a family can't afford their kid to join YK or stay too far away for them to attend? Surely the easy call is to have a couple of paying places available and find a way to give a couple away? If the Trust or Young Killie can help facilitate that then I don't see why there can't be a compromise with this issue.

This is just my opinion as well by the way....not that of the Trust Board. One of the reasons that Cathy is in there is to help solve fan related issues, not to dictate policy, there are a load of things going on that we don't necessarily agree on in principle but trying to steamroller anything is not going to work and not Cathy's style anyway. She'll listen to what everyone has to say and then open discussion on it to try and find a resolution that will keep the majority happy. You can't please all the folk all of the time.

8 hours ago, Merk said:

Me neither. 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Me neither.

Well none of you need to worry about that...this is nothing to do with TIK...the confusion here is that the Trust itself no longer have a Twitter handle and if you put Killie Trust in it offers you @TrustInKillie by default.

If the Trust were to look at this issue then it would not be anything to do with the Trust In Killie initiative. If the Trust were to look at this issue we would consult our members before making any commitments if it involved any potential major funding.

16 minutes ago, baz said:

Well none of you need to worry about that...this is nothing to do with TIK...the confusion here is that the Trust itself no longer have a Twitter handle and if you put Killie Trust in it offers you @TrustInKillie by default.

If the Trust were to look at this issue then it would not be anything to do with the Trust In Killie initiative. If the Trust were to look at this issue we would consult our members before making any commitments if it involved any potential major funding.

Cool

Whatever your view on the decision it seems they have attracted some negative feeling for something that generates relatively little income. If looking to get some decent fresh income I'd rather they went and had a total revamp of the lotto which could potentially bring in extra thousands each week.

10 hours ago, skygod said:

"6. How do I get my child as a team mascot?

To be a mascot your child must be a member of the clubs Saturday Club.  [email protected] "

That's just wrong.  I don't live in Ayrshire so if my children were still young enough to do this, then they would be precluded from being a mascot. Likewise any grandchildren I have currently can't become mascots.   There will be numerous supporters in the same situation.

I thought we were trying to expand our support outwith Kilmarnock itself - this won't help at all.  

20 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

That's just wrong.  I don't live in Ayrshire so if my children were still young enough to do this, then they would be precluded from being a mascot. Likewise any grandchildren I have currently can't become mascots.   There will be numerous supporters in the same situation.

I thought we were trying to expand our support outwith Kilmarnock itself - this won't help at all.  

That was surely under the old system and no longer applies.

38 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Correct, was also the case with it was the KGB and Young Killie members who got priority over being mascots but nobody moaned then.

This is beginning to piss me off a bit.  

Folk used to go mental at the club for their poor value hospitality packages yet when they produce a package that, on paper, seems a very good deal there is uproar. Some of the criticism aimed at the club is way over the top. People claiming it excludes kids but the old system excluded folk as well and as SH said no one moaned then.

Its not as if the same kids are going to be mascots every single week, a parent could save a fiver or tenner a month and get it for a special occasion if they were that desperate and before anyone has a go at this idea, the same idea was often chucked about when folk questioned the price of TiK. 

It's a good idea IMO and I hope the moaning doesn't put the club off coming up with ideas to make cash in the future.

I think the way Jim Thompson reacted on Twitter was a bit OTT and I get it was his own opinion but as a leader of a supporters group surely he should maybe have tried to be a bit more rational.

Hey ho, never a quiet day.

Personally think it's a good value deal when you see what's included. 

Nothing stopping the club offering competitions on social media every week or something to let all other kids a chance to be a mascot in addition to this. Or do the community hero thing for kids as well.

Not massive amount of cash raised but money we wouldn't otherwise have.