Westworld Series 2

A guy at work had watched the last episode before me and told me there was an end credit scene. On the whole, I've got a similar attitude to you- it's absolutely bonkers at times, but I just watch it, enjoy it (for the most part) and understand what I can and shrug my shoulders at the rest!

I thought parts of this series were brilliant, particularly ShogunWorld and Peter Mullan's performance as James Delios...and any and every scene with Maeve in it.

6 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

Has anyone else watched Westworld Series 2 and if so does anyone know what exactly is going on? I got a bit lost in the various timelines and felt the last episode was a bit rushed and tried to cram too much in.  

Ha exactly how I feel watching it. It looks amazing, it ticks all the boxes of the stuff I like, but a lot of time I'm lost. 

Seems to be trying to be too smart for its own good

I feel they are deliberately trying to confuse the viewer- job well done, if that is the case...I like the questioning of identity, of what it means to be human and the notion of merely existing versus actually living but it does indeed have a tendency to disappear up its own backside.

After series 1, I thought do I really want to watch more of this? I'm asking myself the exact same question now. 

And by the time No.3 comes around, I'm sure I'll be ready for more....

9 hours ago, mitch14 said:

The standalone episode with the Ghost Nation was stunning. Lots of good ideas with the Peter Mullan stuff too. Think they could have done with keeping it at 2 seasons and coming to a definite ending. 

I agree, although I felt like that with the first series at the time, to be honest, but a lot of the second series proved me wrong.

The Ghost Nation episode was excellent. All those flashbacks where the Indian looked so menacing, but it turned out he was there to protect the little girl.