Transfer Gossip Part 2 (Pure speculation. When they become real targets, post in separate topics)

Thebigguy68

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's an inch shorter than Kieran Tierney 

He's an inch shorter than Andy Robertson   

He's taller than Danny Rose.

He's same height as Marcelo.

Let's stop saying he's too short as its nonsense. Typical Scottish football nonsense. 

As I qualified in my opinion which you left out, he doesn’t have the skills or physical presence, or in Marcelo and Robertson’s case their pace or even natural ability of any of those you mentioned. That makes up for a lot of their height limitations. You’ve compared him to Marcelo for God’s sake. His full playing package doesn’t add up to enough - typical Scottish reality!

Far from being the most active member of this forum i am simply dumbstruck (or dumb as some will suggest) that Taylor is being touted as a £5M player. Considering how poor our youth development has been in the last ten years (and then some), to suggest we have a player of such potential is ludicrous. 

I agree, he is one who has performed admirably across the previous two seasons and performed well in the Toulon tournament for two years;  to suggest he is of anything beyond £500k is sheer madness. 

He is a young man of great potential, entirely untested at a high level on a consistent basis. 

Tierney has international level experience and champions league experience, who realistically would command a fee of less than £10M. Whilst EPL managers might lay out a higher fee, there’s no direct link that Ceptic would then layout a bigger sum on a player from us (or any other Scottish player for that matter).

Anyone considering that Taylor would command a fee of beyond £500k (in addition to addons) needs a reality check.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's an inch shorter than Kieran Tierney 

He's an inch shorter than Andy Robertson   

He's taller than Danny Rose.

He's same height as Marcelo.

Let's stop saying he's too short as its nonsense. Typical Scottish football nonsense. 

There's more to physical size than height though. Danny Rose is around 14kg heavier than Greg Taylor, Marcelo is around 18kg heavier and most of the additional weight will be muscle. 

Edited by fraz65

1 hour ago, Simon_killie1 said:

Far from being the most active member of this forum i am simply dumbstruck (or dumb as some will suggest) that Taylor is being touted as a £5M player. Considering how poor our youth development has been in the last ten years (and then some), to suggest we have a player of such potential is ludicrous. 

I agree, he is one who has performed admirably across the previous two seasons and performed well in the Toulon tournament for two years;  to suggest he is of anything beyond £500k is sheer madness. 

He is a young man of great potential, entirely untested at a high level on a consistent basis. 

Tierney has international level experience and champions league experience, who realistically would command a fee of less than £10M. Whilst EPL managers might lay out a higher fee, there’s no direct link that Ceptic would then layout a bigger sum on a player from us (or any other Scottish player for that matter).

Anyone considering that Taylor would command a fee of beyond £500k (in addition to addons) needs a reality check.

There actually is.....

Brenda has apparently made a bid for John McGinn from Hibs of ..... (wait for it)..... £1.5M ..... that's the kind of value Celtic place on top players of, so called, lesser Scottish clubs.

£3M, £5M for GT..... Some people on here need a reality check.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2873238/john-mcginn-celtic-hibs-reject-bid/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by C4mmy31
grammar

4 hours ago, Simon_killie1 said:

The best post I've read on here for a while. A few months of supporting a successful team seems to have distorted the judgement of some supporters. 

12 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

I love wee Greg Taylor, but to suggest he's worth anything more than £2million at this current time is laughable. For his age, a very solid Premiership full-back but (just IMO) was poor at Toulon this year when up against better players. No chance that Celtic would risk bringing him in as the first choice as he still has a lot of learning and development to do, and what we'd want for him would be out with what Celtic would likely pay for a back-up. 

Our biggest worry should be a manager down south who knows the Scottish game who would be willing to take a 'risk' by spending a million+ on potential. I'm thinking Jack Ross at Sunderland, Warnock at Cardiff etc.

Celtic paid £1.5 for a piss poor Jack Hendry. Therefore your valuation of Taylor is utter s**te, as is @Simon_killie1 valuation of £500k which is borderline ludicrous.

Edited by Bullitt

8 hours ago, casual observer said:

As I qualified in my opinion which you left out, he doesn’t have the skills or physical presence, or in Marcelo and Robertson’s case their pace or even natural ability of any of those you mentioned. That makes up for a lot of their height limitations. You’ve compared him to Marcelo for God’s sake. His full playing package doesn’t add up to enough - typical Scottish reality!

He's 20 years old, he's filling out all the time.

I wasn't comparing him to Marcello, I was comparing his size in height. Taylor will fill out and be a similar size to Tierney in a year IMO.

I think you are doing Taylor a disservice but that's your opinion. Folk said exact same thing about Bryson and he's done not too badly.

4 hours ago, fraz65 said:

The best post I've read on here for a while. A few months of supporting a successful team seems to have distorted the judgement of some supporters. 

You and Simon must be on crack if you think anything higher than £500k for Taylor is sheer madness, same way folk touting 5m is madness.

Jack Hendry went for much more than that and had nowhere near the experience, ability or consistency as Taylor has.

Taylor is easily a £1m+ player given his attributes, experience, length of contract etc.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You and Simon must be on crack if you think anything higher than £500k for Taylor is sheer madness, same way folk touting 5m is madness.

Jack Hendry went for much more than that and had nowhere near the experience, ability or consistency as Taylor has.

Taylor is easily a £1m+ player given his attributes, experience, length of contract etc.

i hope you are right, but I don't see it at the moment. for sure a decent player for us, not sure the big teams will be sniffing around him just yet. sadly I dont see anyone paying 7 figures for any of our players.  

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

i hope you are right, but I don't see it at the moment. for sure a decent player for us, not sure the big teams will be sniffing around him just yet. sadly I dont see anyone paying 7 figures for any of our players.  

We either got 7 figures or close to 7 figures for Coulibaly and, going back further, Naismith. JJ rumoured to be similar.

Now attackers are always valued more than defenders, but in terms of potential, isn't GT around the same as what was Naismith back in the day? You could say the market has changed, but why value them less?

26 minutes ago, McDeeBop said:

We either got 7 figures or close to 7 figures for Coulibaly and, going back further, Naismith. JJ rumoured to be similar.

Now attackers are always valued more than defenders, but in terms of potential, isn't GT around the same as what was Naismith back in the day? You could say the market has changed, but why value them less?

Naismith won't re-sign Kilmarnock because he love back Hearts

40 minutes ago, McDeeBop said:

I like JJ but if someone comes in with 7 figures I would be surprised. Naisy was banging them in when he left so rather than buying potential you buying the finished product (or close to). there was also more money slushing around then).

I like GT but is he a better full back than SOD? SOD got a full cap, if you think GT is 7 figures why are we not quoting SOD in the same bracket? I think we are over valuing our own players. Though I hope I am wrong.

18 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

I like JJ but if someone comes in with 7 figures I would be surprised. Naisy was banging them in when he left so rather than buying potential you buying the finished product (or close to). there was also more money slushing around then).

I like GT but is he a better full back than SOD? SOD got a full cap, if you think GT is 7 figures why are we not quoting SOD in the same bracket? I think we are over valuing our own players. Though I hope I am wrong.

SOD is of the same level and 7 figures would be expected for a full international on top of his game. Anyone who doesn't see these players as 7 figure players is absolutely living in the past.

21 hours ago, jock said:

I would bet that Tierney is still with Celtic at start of season..if he turned down, allegedly Mun Utd and Arsenal he isn't going to choose Everton...

A lass I know down there has for the first time, refused to confirm or deny a rumour as a confidentiality agreement is in place. Definite legs in the Everton link.

Wither he goes or not is another story altogether and I'd be surprised if they replaced him with Taylor.

Edited by ross1987

24 minutes ago, ross1987 said:

A lass I know down there has for the first time, refused to confirm or deny a rumour as a confidentiality agreement is in place. Definite legs in the Everton link.

Wither he goes or not is another story altogether and I'd be surprised if they replaced him with Taylor.

It's being reported in the media as agreed in principal.

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

85k a week they are apparently offering him. Mental not to go. 

5 year contract starting at 85k p/w..... but rising to 140k p/w.

No wonder there are reports Tieney's head has been turned in anticipation of the move to Everton.....