Killie vs st mirren

7 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

When you see those teams, what a strong side we've got. Not one weak position.  Would like to see Wilson in there. 

Completely agree mate 

id be happy with any of those teams the lads have suggested 

Those lineups I don’t think will be far off. Two positions up for grabs maybe? McKenzie in midfield or maybe Wilson and who leads the line. I suspect Rory will start as his press will be useful against a team likely to want to pass the ball about. Also think we will go with Erwin and Brophy up front. 

1 minute ago, Wrangodog said:

Still feel we're a bit short in midfield after losing Mulumbu and Tshibola. Difficult game to start with as they'll be up for it and probably bring a big support, although no tougher than last season's first game.

I’d agree with that. Aside from attackers we don’t have the strength in depth at the moment. 

58 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Why don’t we sign Mulumbu on a zero hours contract week by week? Then he’s not signed long term and is free to move and he gets paid to play. That keeps him in the shop window and we get a top class player.

Zero hours contracts are s**t

If he doesn't get picked in squad or is injured, you don't want us to pay him?

That's what a zero hours contract is, if you don't get asked to work you get no pay

I am sure we could give him a normal contract with a release clause, in the event of a team coming in before the window closes

The thing against that is, he can only play for two clubs in a season, so if he left us and it didn't work out at next club, he is fecked until next summer, unless he went to a League that starts after January (I think)

I’ve got a feeling CM is somewhere that SSC is going to try and pull out all the stops and try and bring in a gem or two to add to the squad. We’re reasonably well covered in defence and up top but a couple  of quality additions in midfield could be the difference. Might be a case of waiting to see how EPL squads turn out when there transfer window shuts early and who will be available, albeit maybe just on loan. I’m sure he’s also monitoring Mulumbus situation and if he’s not inundated with offers, we’ll push the boat to offer him a contract to sign back up 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Why don’t we sign Mulumbu on a zero hours contract week by week? Then he’s not signed long term and is free to move and he gets paid to play. That keeps him in the shop window and we get a top class player.

Can't see that being appealing to either party.

I’d prefer we go and get a player who’s likely to be at the club for next couple of years. Build him into our way of playing and get some squad stability.

Youssouf was good in his half season and excellent for a few games too. I can’t see him coming back now unless he’s really struggling for a contract elsewhere. 

I trust Clarke to make good signings.

11 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

Zero hours contracts are s**t

If he doesn't get picked in squad or is injured, you don't want us to pay him?

That's what a zero hours contract is, if you don't get asked to work you get no pay

I am sure we could give him a normal contract with a release clause, in the event of a team coming in before the window closes

The thing against that is, he can only play for two clubs in a season, so if he left us and it didn't work out at next club, he is fecked until next summer, unless he went to a League that starts after January (I think)

Ok, my tongue was slightly in my cheek re the zero hours thing, but your idea of a temporary contract with a release clause would serve the same purpose (without the Ashley angle!).

This is the problem with the new group stage - we've had preseason training including a closed doors game, and now we're straight into an important match on Friday.  We've been disappointing in these games since they were reintroduced a couple of seasons ago, and this will be the first time that we've drawn a fellow Premiership side.

Hoping to lay down a marker for the opening games of the season with a confident performance - I don't imagine we'll score a great deal, but I'd be pleased with a win and if we give away very little at the back.  The next three shouldn't pose many problems after this one.