Very Uncomfortable ...

Dieselfeet

I must say, I'm very uncomfortable with the recent press releases ...

Key players signing new contracts? Best management team in Scotland consolidating their terms? Young talent snapped up on loan?

... this simply won't do!

Where's my doubt and uncertainty? sense of doom and gloom and general apathy?

Where are all the non-League rejects and managers with little or no track record ?

This'll no' dae at aw, people :(

18 minutes ago, Dieselfeet said:

I must say, I'm very uncomfortable with the recent press releases ...

Key players signing new contracts? Best management team in Scotland consolidating their terms? Young talent snapped up on loan?

... this simply won't do!

Where's my doubt and uncertainty? sense of doom and gloom and general apathy?

Where are all the non-League rejects and managers with little or no track record ?

This'll no' dae at aw, people :(

Away an hae a lie doon.  The weather and the heat is obviously no agreeing wi you.

8 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

I for one am appalled at the lack of new right backs

I know. It's utterly disgusting how few right backs Clarke has signed. I say we get shot of Scotland's number 2 and replace him with every right back releases from clubs in English football this year.

the after effects of so many years under the previous one man regime with the issues and silly ideas off the pitch and the displays under those poor managers on it has a lingering history ---- 

the current positive outlook at our club is so very very different from those dark days -- long may it continue 

On 5 July 2018 at 4:22 PM, CB said:

Doon the beach with the grandweans probably. He'll be on later to check on how many season tickets we've sold following the contract news... :ph34r:

I'm the optimist, the "oanything ower last season's total" brigade are the doom and gloom merchants. Sir Steve's stated ambition is to have between 6000 and 8000 crowds on a regular basis. Looks like he's in the same gang as me. Choose your side. Think big or or decide we're too wee and too poor to aim high  ;) 

13 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I'm the optimist, the "oanything ower last season's total" brigade are the doom and gloom merchants. Sir Steve's stated ambition is to have between 6000 and 8000 crowds on a regular basis. Looks like he's in the same gang as me. Choose your side. Think big or or decide we're too wee and too poor to aim high  ;) 

Spot on again M07.... 

McLean has gone from wanting 4000, to 5000 and is now quoting 8000 as a target.  

This divides people between:

a) McLean's a moany prack- never happy with anything.  Always wants to find a way to conclude that the fans have failed to adequately support the team

b) McLean only wants what's best for the club, is enthusiastic and doesn't think Killie should settle for micro successes

For me, I think McLean sits more in the 'b' category, but also think he is more than aware of the divisiveness he creates and plays up to this big style, cos he knows anything he says causes a Pavlovian-esque reaction of seethe and mouth frothing in the usual suspects.

Tedious to most, but all consuming and crucial to a small band.  

28 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

McLean has gone from wanting 4000, to 5000 and is now quoting 8000 as a target.  

This divides people between:

a) McLean's a moany prack- never happy with anything.  Always wants to find a way to conclude that the fans have failed to adequately support the team

b) McLean only wants what's best for the club, is enthusiastic and doesn't think Killie should settle for micro successes

For me, I think McLean sits more in the 'b' category, but also think he is more than aware of the divisiveness he creates and plays up to this big style, cos he knows anything he says causes a Pavlovian-esque reaction of seethe and mouth frothing in the usual suspects.

Tedious to most, but all consuming and crucial to a small band.  

In @Mclean07's defence, he's only quoting an SC interview where 6-8k was mentioned, to including always & walk ups, NOT season ticket holders.

4 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

In @Mclean07's defence, he's only quoting an SC interview where 6-8k was mentioned, to including always & walk ups, NOT season ticket holders.

6k crowds aren't unrealistic, don't think anyone is saying they were with 4k season ticket holders, however we've not had regular 8k home crowds for around two decades so it's not going to instantly happen this season. I think most folk understand that with the odd exception.

I'll maintain that if we sell 4k season tickets by August i'll be very happy. We simply were never going to sell 5k or whatever the season after selling 2,800.

That's not being pessimistic, small time or whatever. That's a realist.

A 40%+ increase in sales from one year to another is not to be sniffed at.