.ISO Files

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Have you tried Handbrake?

Yeah. I had Handbrake already installed but when I try it on the .ISO file I get a 'You must scan a source and setup your job before starting an encode' error. I use Handbrake a lot and have never had this problem (although I've never tried it on an .ISO before).

.iso or.dmg are disc formats, could be a physical cd/dvd inserted in the machine or a disc image pretending to be a cd/dvd in your computer.

mp4 is a video file format.  Try "mounting" the .iso disc image on your computer - whatever your looking to convert should be in within this .iso file, but you have to "mount" an .iso image on the machine, just like inserting an actual CD/DVD.

Mac's handle "disc image" .iso or .dmg files much more easily than PC's - cos they don't have actual CD drives anymore.

Aww... Daemon Tools, DVDShrink, IMGBurn, DVDDecrypter... takes me back to the good 'ol days of ripping DVDs from Global and Blockbuster before a myriad of 'release groups' did all the hard work for you. :)

Anyway, Handbrake should be able to open DVD-video ISO files directly. Maybe try and open it via Source->Open File and then browse the mounted ISO to select individual .VOB files.

Also, try setting the output; Tools->Options->Output Files and set MP4 File Extension to Always Use MP4.