Ticket Prices for 2018/19 Season

C4mmy31

No doubt most will moan but I've no great issue with it. I've always thought £20 was about right, but prices haven't gone up in a long time and we're trying to build something here. An extra couple quid a fortnight isn't going to put off anyone who's serious about coming.

Season ticket prices still the best value in the league.

6 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

No doubt most will moan but I've no great issue with it. I've always thought £20 was about right, but prices haven't gone up in a long time and we're trying to build something here. An extra couple quid a fortnight isn't going to put off anyone who's serious about coming.

Well said ser.. 27 quid is well worth watchin us beat they clown again.. 

I don’t have a season ticket but this was partially on the basis that games were likely to be £20 to pay in.

I’m likely to miss a few games so I thought it wouldn’t be value for money, especially if they turned out to be Old Firm games.

I might still buy one but feel that myself and others might have been swayed to buy up on the early bird prices had the walk-up prices been announced earlier.

I’m happy to admit this probably won’t sway me either way but the club should maybe have announced both at the same time.

Some great stuff from the media team this summer, the club is going in the right direction overall.

5 hours ago, Dillinger said:

£100k investment from TIK and investment from Phyllis McLeish, a longer Scottish Cup run than normal and a 5th place finish with all the financial gain that goes with it. 

If there ever was a season not to put up prices then surely this was it? 

The board have been great in the last 12/18 months and £2 probably isn’t going to break anyone, but it’s a 10% increase on last year at a time when Scottish football is massively overpriced compared to the majority of Europe and the supporters are the biggest cash cow. 

Edited by Bobby14

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

£100k investment from TIK and investment from Phyllis McLeish, a longer Scottish Cup run than normal and a 5th place finish with all the financial gain that goes with it. 

Disagree. Those things have come about because of the management team and players we've put in place. Increase the budget for that (via price hike) and see more success.

See the folk moaning, do you boycott away games which are even dearer?

I'd love our price to be lower but we need to compete and keeping prices same every single year wlll only see us lose money. 

I don't think £22 is that bad value.  Try going to boxing, Rugby, darts etc and it'll cost you more. Give me Killie anytime. 

Only thing i disagree with is the fact these prices should have been out with season tickets. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

41 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

The board have been great in the last 12/18 months and £2 probably isn’t going to break anyone, but it’s a 10% increase on last year at a time when Scottish football is massively overpriced compared to the majority of Europe and the supporters are the biggest cash cow. 

Against that the board have to find £5m for the training facilities required for the elite status. I agree that the walk-up prices should have been released at the same time as the early bird offer to make buying a season more of a bargain.

Walk up prices are good and season ticket is great value, that's why a 1/2 season ticket would be a good idea for those who know they can't make it to every home game.

Pitch it at a price between walk up and full season and I'm sure there would be takers and the club would get guaranteed income up front.  

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

Walk up prices are good and season ticket is great value, that's why a 1/2 season ticket would be a good idea for those who know they can't make it to every home game.

They do a half-season ticket at Christmas time, but I assume you mean a nine-match ticket, etc.

The trouble is that some people who currently buy a season ticket, knowing that they will miss some matches for various reasons, would opt for such a ticket. Or put off buying a season ticket to see what the team's performances were like and end up buying a nine-match ticket at best.

We're not in such a strong financial position that we can offer all these options which involve financial risk.

As for those who are bemoaning the walk-up increase, did they not think such a move was likely when the likes of Brophy, Power, Clarke and Dyer were getting improved contracts, effectively a pay rise?

Given the prices around other stadiums in Scotland I'd say £22 is around average. To have a cheaper option in the Moffat at £20 isn't a bad price.

If we're offering a non OF ST at a great price then I suppose the hole has to be plugged somehow and if that's charging £27 for those games then that's absolutely fine by me. Lets face it, the majority of home fans at OF games are ST holders, Kilmarnock fans don't exactly come out in force when we're playing the OF. If raising the price to £27 is mostly taking money out of their pocket then we'd be daft not to do it. The board will be well aware of how many tickets are bought by Kilmarnock fans for these games, and my guess would be not many.

The price increase also raises the question for those who were swithering between buying an ST or picking and choosing walk up games if it's really worth not buying an ST? Hopefully this pushes a bit of an increase to ST sales.