st mirren home Bet Fred, Fred

CB

Just now, DuncD said:

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying.

If it was an important match SOD, Taylor et al would have been in the starting 11. It was a competitive game but not an important one

It was an important game... And all its done is made the rest of the games more important to win..... If we want to win it! Do u not want to win it again like.. Every games is important in its own right. We want trophies... 

7 minutes ago, MJout said:

Hope dyer and Clarke don't read this s**te. Heroes 5 weeks ago and now they don't know what they are doing. Priceless. We really do deserve the likes of Gary Locke.

Calm down 

Nobody is saying they aren't heroes. Doesn't mean folk can't say they are disappointed that we were second best to a newly promoted team tonight.

i don't like how folk are happy to write these games off  

10 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Definitely.

Be interesting this month or so to see if they will. Or they’ll be out in cold if SC deems they aren’t up to it and bring in new players 

Yes exactly. But my original reply was to the make or break comment. Too many young lads thrown on scrap heap. Maybe SC is nurturing them. Who knows.

The two fullbacks were OK but they didn't have as much as O`Donnell and Taylor in attacking positions and Jones suffered without Taylor to feed him, although he didn't look interested in the second half. Dicker looked as slow as he did when he played on with the injury at the start of last season, Power wasn't much better. The three subs livened things up but too early to say if Ndjoli will make an impact. Biggest worry for me is who gets the goals if Boyd is out for a few weeks during the season. St. Mirren must be equally worried because they missed at least three sitters. Their left back looked pretty good.

Home fans were noisier than usual considering the performance, seagulls were bloody annoying, and externally nothing appears to have altered to the hospitality area.

That performance will bring a few folk back down to earth.

Jones showed tonight why he is not a £3m player ... poor is being kind to him.  Couldn't cross, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't tackle .... he can run fast and beat a couple of players though ... before giving the ball away cheaply.

Wasn’t at the game because of work. It’s only one game for God’s sake some people are never happy. Unfortunately we need to use these games as pre season to get players up to speed. It’s not the managers fault it’s the spfl for arranging these games early. Personally I don’t like this format .

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Calm down 

Nobody is saying they aren't heroes. Doesn't mean folk can't say they are disappointed that we were second best to a newly promoted team tonight.

i don't like how folk are happy to write these games off  

We would all prefer to have won. I just don't think that tonight matters all that much in the bigger picture.

We drew 0-0 and we'll still qualify from the group. Last year we lost more convincingly, to a lower league side, and then went on to have our best league season for 50 years. 

1 hour ago, seedsy said:

It’s hardly going to define our season. We are big boys and we move on. We didn’t even lose the match 

Er, yes we did.

Could not make tonight's game but media reports also seem effusive about how good St Midden were. Maybe the usual media horses**t but does exactly inspire, does it?

Edited by gdevoy

4 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

The match? No we didn’t. We drew. And if we ever deserved to lose a match it was tonight. Not that st Mirren were better, we were just absolute pony 

The BbC take a diferent view. Thier headline was "St Midden win" tonights game.

Edited by gdevoy

Steve Clarke has set his Kilmarnock players the target of maximum points from their remaining Betfred Cup group fixtures following our penalty loss to St Mirren.

Killie picked up a point at home but saw Saints leave Ayrshire with a bonus point after their 3-2 shootout success.

Lee Erwin and Kirk Broadfoot saw their efforts saved by Craig Samson while Gary Dicker was unable to hit the target with his effort. 

Just as last year, Killie face a challenge to reach the second round of the tournament with Clarke setting a target of nine points out of nine against Dumbarton, Spartans and Queen's Park.

"We are still a long way away from the start of the Scottish Premiership, which is our main target to be physically ready for," Clarke said.

"We lost the penalty shoot-out and made the group a little bit more difficult.

"We need to make sure we win the next three games to get ourselves 10 points which should be enough to take us through to the next round. That's the immediate objective."

Ross Millen and Mikael Ndjoli made their Killie debuts while Calum Waters came in at left back following his loan spell with Sligo Rovers.

Despite the final result, Clarke believes the players will have gained plenty from the test against Alan Stubbs' top flight new boys.

He said: "For the ones who played 90 minutes it was a great workout. We'll give them a couple of days off now, which they deserve because they haven't had any time off in the last three weeks so that's a long shift.

"I thought we finished the game strongly so that's pleasing to see. We were fortunate there were no big injuries and I look forward to another hard week's training next week.

"We go to Dumbarton knowing we need to make sure we win the next three games." 

The highlighted comment, above, reads to me as these games are being used as our pre-season warm ups.....

Edited by C4mmy31

Awful start to the new season. However we’ll win the next three games and be ready for the first game of the season. For me the game was lost in midfield. Dicker and Power break up play and don’t create, McKenzie was running about like a headless chicken and Jones was poor. Burke created more when he came on in 10 minutes. What showed tonight was that we need some creativity in midfield, if we’re going to continue where we left off next season. I’m sure however SIr Steve has it in hand.

1 hour ago, seedsy said:

It’s hardly going to define our season. We are big boys and we move on. We didn’t even lose the match 

37 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Er, yes we did.

Could not make tonight's game but media reports also seem effusive about how good St Midden were. Maybe the usual media horses**t but does exactly inspire, does it?

Well, good luck finding a bookie who will pay you out on a St Mirren win .....

1) Millen and watters very average full backs.

2) power and dicker are holding midfield players and create F.A.

3) creative midfield player is a must.

4) After watching that dross we could end up doing an Archibald, top 6 one season and then relegated the next.

5) Mckenzie is a heed less chicken and is not the answer.

was contemplating buying a season ticket for the first time in years as work shifts and can’t make every home game. After that no chance.