st mirren home Bet Fred, Fred

CB

I really do despair at much of the commentary on here. I do tell myself it’s a fans forum, a place to react, get it out of the system..but even still folks...

SC flagged that last nights game was coming too soon. That and we missing key players. It’s that simple. It’s not that dicker - a guy who was hugely missed in the first part of last season - OR power who won player of the years awards (who looked like the player of last years opener against Ayr) actually forgot how to play football over the summer. They need match sharpness. 

GT and SOD are huge for us in an attacking sense. GT and JJ have a great understanding. 

We are one player short of being a serious top 6 contender. SC will find him. 

13 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I really do despair at much of the commentary on here. I do tell myself it’s a fans forum, a place to react, get it out of the system..but even still folks...

SC flagged that last nights game was coming too soon. That and we missing key players. It’s that simple. It’s not that dicker - a guy who was hugely missed in the first part of last season - OR power who won player of the years awards (who looked like the player of last years opener against Ayr) actually forgot how to play football over the summer. They need match sharpness. 

GT and SOD are huge for us in an attacking sense. GT and JJ have a great understanding. 

We are one player short of being a serious top 6 contender. SC will find him. 

Agree  cept feel we could do with at least 2 quality additions with main priority a playmaker / creative central midfielder

11 minutes ago, trenwick said:

just wondering why were SOD & GT not considered, they are professional athletes who played for scotland over month ago even with a break they surely must keep themselves in reasonable condition.

They didn’t get the same rest as everyone else. They are a week behind everyone in preseason. The manager thought it was the best decision for the club not to play them yesterday.

29 minutes ago, trenwick said:

just wondering why were SOD & GT not considered, they are professional athletes who played for scotland over month ago even with a break they surely must keep themselves in reasonable condition.

The three on international duty are due holiday too!

Don't know why killie don't take this cup serious. We've been pumped off morton,Ayr,Albion rovers and scrapped past Annan, Clyde and Berwick. Killie seem to be well behind these teams who are mostly part time. I know it's a build up to the season but come on we should still be beating these teams.

The game last night was s**te and we should have got our money back. 

12 hours ago, trenwick said:

They need to spend time with their family. Going abroad to Spain for pre-season and away on international duty doesn't give them much down time to relax. I'm sure physically they are fit, it's the mental aspect that they'll be jaded with.

Rory’s first game since he was ruled out some of the post-split games months ago, and gets crucified despite the vast majority happy to see him sign a new deal when he was a first pick in important games last season!

Team in general lambasted for not being at their best in first run out.

Complaints about lack of creativity without our stand out player last season (a class above everyone) having left for better salary, and no replacement yet - no s**t Sherlock!

Clarke could perhaps have an inkling about the best way to provide the squad with the necessary preparation for the 10 months of hard work ahead for all our players and not just a first 11?

New season, same bedwetting posts on here unfortunately. 

We played much better when we reverted to our more typical formation with 2 wide players, Kiltie in behind and Erwin leading the line.

Like it or not the League Cup games are being used as a warm-up for the League. So little changes to personnel and formations that would usually have been tested in friendlies and don’t work as hoped are consequently magnified due to the competitive nature of the game.

It’s far from ideal but I really don’t think we should be pressing the panic button. I’m confident we’ll come good again. 

39 minutes ago, SlimStripey said:

We played much better when we reverted to our more typical formation with 2 wide players, Kiltie in behind and Erwin leading the line.

We started with our favoured formation. We used that formation to great effect with variations on the midfield three throughout the season. Very rarely we actually played two out and out wide men last season. Usually gaps were left on the right side for SOD to bomb forward. 

I do agree we played better when we went to two wide players possibly because it didn’t give their LB who was superb the freedom of that side. 

Enjoyed the game.  Happy  with the two replacements after a shaky start. Always going to be rusty. Sad with the response of Killie fans on here but they are allowed there opinion. Looking forward to the season ahead and our markee signing still to come . 

On 7/13/2018 at 8:53 PM, Killie1970 said:

It's a glorified pre season friendly, a time to try things. There's bound to be rustiness and mistakes made. St Mirren have done well but they are by no means playing us off the park.

It’s a chance to get to Hampden , not a friendly.

21 hours ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

Don't know why killie don't take this cup serious. We've been pumped off morton,Ayr,Albion rovers and scrapped past Annan, Clyde and Berwick. Killie seem to be well behind these teams who are mostly part time. I know it's a build up to the season but come on we should still be beating these teams.

The game last night was s**te and we should have got our money back. 

The league cup was so 2012. 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

It’s a chance to get to Hampden , not a friendly.

Absolutely a chance to get to Hampden. Unfortunately, the timing of the tournament coincides with the period of the season where clubs are rusty and need games to get up to speed. And with no pre season games played, these Cup games have to be used to give all our players a run.Not ideal but that's what the manager needs to do. 

3 hours ago, cammy_boy said:

Its still a pre season game tho. I didnt think there was lack of effort just that we were off the pace. We'll still qualify. 

It's most definitely not a pre-season game.  The League Cup is part of the Scottish Football calendar/season and I despair at this attitude.  We are limiting our chances of winning this cup treating it as such. 

We mucked up last season and ended up at Parkhead as we didn't win the group, so the likelihood is something similar will happen again this season.  

Edited by Pelesboots

1 hour ago, Killie1970 said:

Absolutely a chance to get to Hampden. Unfortunately, the timing of the tournament coincides with the period of the season where clubs are rusty and need games to get up to speed. And with no pre season games played, these Cup games have to be used to give all our players a run.Not ideal but that's what the manager needs to do. 

Aye cos every team starts miles before us.