Will we...  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Will we...

• a) Automatic Relegation
    • b) Win Playoff
    • c) Loose Playoff
    • d) Armageddon

4 hours ago, fraz65 said:

With regard to prioritising the League Cup and getting the players back early, and for arguments sake, would you rather win the league cup group and have six fewer SPL points, or finish second in the group and have six more SPL points? 

Personally I would rather SSC did what he thought was right to give us the best chance of a top six finish. 

In the last 100 years, how many times have we (a) finished top six or (b) won a cup?

I'm guessing that 90% of us can answer (b) straight away, with years, opponents, scores etc. For that reason, cups are not to be dismissed. 

Based on Friday's performance, an extra 6 points would do no more than get us into the play-off rather than automatic relegation, if we were lucky. Being turned over by a newly-promoted team is more likely to damage players' confidence and set their preparation back by a couple of weeks than help them prepare for the new season.

40 minutes ago, KA9Killie said:

Based on Friday's performance, an extra 6 points would do no more than get us into the play-off rather than automatic relegation, if we were lucky. Being turned over by a newly-promoted team is more likely to damage players' confidence and set their preparation back by a couple of weeks than help them prepare for the new season.

Utter nonsense. Automatic relegation ffs, have a word. One game into a season, a 0-0 draw and you've got us going down

We weren't 'turned over' either

Edited by All the Wine

56 minutes ago, KA9Killie said:

In the last 100 years, how many times have we (a) finished top six or (b) won a cup?

I'm guessing that 90% of us can answer (b) straight away, with years, opponents, scores etc. For that reason, cups are not to be dismissed. 

We would still be in the cup if we finished second in the group though. We would just have a more difficult draw in the next round.

I'm not sure what the season-long effects would be of giving the players only a few weeks of an end of season break, and having them return in mid June. Would it harm our Scottish Cup chances? 

3 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I was not at Friday's game but I have voted Armageddon. I believe as a result of Friday's performance there is a real chance that we won't have a club to support by a week on Wednesday. Clarke and Dyer have to go now while we still have a chance of getting Gary Locke back. 

PS Lovin' the Killiefc.com spelling as always "loose" indeed ¬¬

That's more like it! 

3 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I was not at Friday's game but I have voted Armageddon. I believe as a result of Friday's performance there is a real chance that we won't have a club to support by a week on Wednesday. Clarke and Dyer have to go now while we still have a chance of getting Gary Locke back. 

PS Lovin' the Killiefc.com spelling as always "loose" indeed ¬¬

That's more like it! 

1 hour ago, KA9Killie said:

I wish you had been the manager last season instead of Steve Clarke - that way we would have beaten Aberdeen and went on to win the cup. 

On 7/14/2018 at 3:07 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

We were without 3 key players. The leagues top scorer from last season, a scotland international right back and a Scotland u21 captain. With the exception of jj, our 3 most influntial players in my book. That and the obvious lAck of sharpness means we can take ABSOLUTELY NO CLUES for that game as to what kind of season we will have. Sc is holding out for mulumbu. If that doesn’t work out we’ll sign a cm and a cd. Chill everyone.......

We were without JJ last night as well ... 

19 minutes ago, Caldow said:

What Spartans do you think Rangers and Celtic should sign?

I'm no sure Dave Kings got the money to get Gerard Butler and Dominic West on a season long deal.  They're proper box office, unlike the football teams you mentioned.