Dumbarton Match Thread

C4mmy31

Good overall performance when you consider that last week we did not look fit imo. Controlled 1st half and yet went in a goal down, 2nd half we were more offensive , Thought new fella was exciting and should improve , lot of energy and nice goal. Erwin needs to do more , Not a goal threat imo and for a big guy does not win or hold up the ball enough. Boydie just looks like he is having fun, long may it continue. 

JJ come on m8 you need to do more than run down the wing and then cut inside, losing the ball to much.

Final ball was poor in the first half against a goalkeeper who looked pretty shaky. The goal was completely against the run of play but we hadn't exactly been firing in too many shots to trouble him. Jones again looked out of sorts and the Kiltie, Erwin, Ndjoli, combination wasn't gelling at all.  I thought Chris Burke had a decent second half, his crosses and corners carried more threat than in the first half although perhaps Boyd coming on gave him more room to operate in. I don't like Broadfoot and Boyd at the back but losing two defenders at the same time would disrupt any defence. What can you say about Kris Boyd other than excellent, three great finishes which turned the game and left us even more worried about how we would cope without him. Ndjoli took his goal well and he seemed as delighted as we were with the finish. 

I wish some fans would get a grip. A few booed them off at half-time, we weren't great but booing them isn't going to help. A whole lot of mumping and moaning at individual players after their second goal too which changed just as quickly to cheers after the equaliser. 

36 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

In all the "Boidie is God" hysteria, we shouldnae forget that apart from Suprer Kris, the only person to score for us was the young guy we have got on loan.

Fair enough, as long as you acknowledge that both players are available to us to play, and that's not a negative!

Park looked to be really sticky and that didn't suit us as we were capable of moving the ball quicker than them.

I made a big thing about JJ not being interested at the St Mirren game and how ridiculous that consensus was but after today I’m thinking I might have been wrong. I thought he looked very disinterested. As a supporter I genuinely hate to easily criticize players but I have to say I thought the other boyd, JJ and Erwin were very poor today. Think we are going to need another good season out of KB in order to do well. 

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

In all the "Boidie is God" hysteria, we shouldnae forget that apart from Suprer Kris, the only person to score for us was the young guy we have got on loan.

Our main striker scored, in addition to the new striker we've brought in on loan. I'm not sure what the problem is. 

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Scott Boyd gives me the fear.

He seems to be better when we are backs to the wall, but when we are in control and building from the back both he and Broadfoot tend to not see a pass and lump it to Ewrin or Boyd, more often than they give the ball away. He is a good option as backup no more.

12 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Only on the Killie forum could we score four goals in a game and still have a greet about it.

3 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Erwin has the ability but isn’t interested enough. Burke a good option out wide a very good crosser.

Erwin plays as a ten, he is not a Kris Boyd replacement.  He was not playing furthest forward yesterday, Ndjoli was, and it was a great flick for the goal.  He worked hard and was constantly coming short trying to make something where others weren't. Also since Xmas I'd never say he hasn't looked interested.  I think your psychology degree could be better used elsewhere than staring at Lee Erwin's face and declaring his level of interest in his job.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:53 PM, Fudger said:

I made a big thing about JJ not being interested at the St Mirren game and how ridiculous that consensus was but after today I’m thinking I might have been wrong. I thought he looked very disinterested. As a supporter I genuinely hate to easily criticize players but I have to say I thought the other boyd, JJ and Erwin were very poor today. Think we are going to need another good season out of KB in order to do well. 

There was a guy in front of me saying the same. I didn't think that was the case, threw himself into a few challenges. He was definitely holding back from bombing up the line but when you're forced into a back 3 then you need to give the defence a bit of a protection. He wasn't making the forward runs he usually would but it looked like it was more of a positioning thing than a lack of effort. It wasn't his best game but it was never going to be given the way Dumbarton played.