Bizzare Killie Episodes

The whole Tinotenda Chibharo story has to be one of the strangest relating to killie.

What other episodes are up there? 

The two Nigerians was a strange one.  Papa Idris was actually about 60 and rumoured to have no knee cartilage. Gabriel looked more promising but swiftly disappeared only turn up at WC with Nigeria! Classic example of a certain former chairman seeing £££signs. 

MJ's all expenses paid holiday to Italy claiming it was to forge links. 

Simon Ford signing as a gardener.  

Thousands (myself included) going to a reserve game to watch two African(?) signings

Ngonge not wanting number 9 shirt in respect of Wright but Shaun Hessey not having any such hangups

1 minute ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

The whole Tinotenda Chibharo story has to be one of the strangest relating to killie.

What other episodes are up there? 

The two Nigerians was a strange one.  Papa Idris was actually about 60 and rumoured to have no knee cartilage. Gabriel looked more promising but swiftly disappeared only turn up at WC with Nigeria! Classic example of a certain former chairman seeing £££signs. 

MJ's all expenses paid holiday to Italy claiming it was to forge links. 

Simon Ford signing as a gardener.  

Thousands (myself included) going to a reserve game to watch two African(?) signings

Ngonge not wanting number 9 shirt in respect of Wright but Shaun Hessey not having any such hangups

Hessey's 9 was the amount of Crème Eggs he made off with... :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

What was the name of the lad we had a couple of years ago* who had played for Liverpool and was arrested for fighting in Club De Mar or some similar establishment?

* I am now of an age where a couple of years ago could be any time in the last 10 years

Ngoo?

There was the criminality involving John Walker, a loanee from St Mirren, who was charged after assaulting a fan while leaving the pitch.

MJ's father-in-law, Peter "Ma Ba'" McKennan of Partick Thistle, also ended up in court after assaulting Freddie Milloy in the tunnel at RP.

Kenny Brannigan, who headbutted former team-mate Derek Cook after two minutes of a match, was sent off and sacked before the afternoon was out.

Bobby Houston didn't last even two minutes after coming on as sub against his old club and being sent off. 

I'm surprised that Kosygin didn't mention the visit by his namesake - the modern-day equivalent would be Vladimir Putin rolling up at RP! 

Edited by skygod

RP being well filled for the filming of a movie, A Shot At Glory, and the number of "takes" it took for Andy Smith to score a goal!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0193854/?ref_=nv_sr_1 - check out the cast list.

Also involving McCoist, when Noel Edmonds performed one of his Gotcha! stunts at RP.

Edited by skygod

Great thread.  Would be useful not to just list the event/incident but to explain it too for those who cannot recall.

Can't remember Ally's 'gotcha'.  He looked a right mardy arse- probably because the joke was on him rather than the other way around, but also a really pish, uninventive gag by Edmonds 

56 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

Great thread.  Would be useful not to just list the event/incident but to explain it too for those who cannot recall.

Can't remember Ally's 'gotcha'.  He looked a right mardy arse- probably because the joke was on him rather than the other way around, but also a really pish, uninventive gag by Edmonds 

With Edmonds you should just be thankful that nobody died. How that guy was ever popular is beyond me.

Three bizarre things I remember were the goal from Hamish McAlpine (for Raith think), the game where the wind was so strong that goal kicks were being blown back for corners and, sadly, the 8-1 disaster v Sevco where Jim Brown let practically every shot squirm through his hands into the net. You should never, ever lose 8 goals at home!

1 hour ago, BigRonFaeTheQueenVic said:

Vareille ( I think it was him anyway) and his table.

Jerome asked in the Park Suite if he could have a table for Christmas Day as his family were coming from France.

On the day, he came in and picked up a table to take back to his flat!

I believe that's the story anyway.

Another Jerome tale. He frequented the old Hospitality Inn and tried to chat up the new reception girl. He even used her name when talking to her but he wasn't getting anywhere. He had gotten her name from her badge. It said "Trainee".

Edited by a1killiefan
Spelling error