Bizzare Killie Episodes

23 hours ago, Iain McCallum said:

The Ghanaians were Steve Baidoo and Sammy Adeji( or something like that) and it was a reserve game against a rangers team that featured Gascogne. There were over 6000 I think and it was free admission

Hoping this post isn’t as embarrassing as my earlier attempt at remembering stuff but I’m 99% sure that was Falkirk we played.

4 hours ago, CraigM said:

St. Mirren away around Boxing Day in about 1999. Couldn’t see past the 18 yard box due to fog, everyone assuming the game would get postponed but it went ahead anyway.

Think we win 3-0 with all the goals at our end where we could see but completely sure!

We won 3-1 with all the goals at the far end. 

Graham Fenton scored his first Mirren goal in the first half (we all saw it coming on the bus on the way up after Radio Scotland had announced he hadn’t scored since moving there).

Wright scored a second half hat trick that got more difficult to see with each goal.

What about the 2-0 win at Tannadice to make it 5 wins in a row at the start of one of JJs last seasons and a Killie fan having a memorable removal by Taysides finest?

A Bob McConville thunderbolt own goal v Dundee United, that had Jim McLean pissing himself(no mean feet).

Dave McFarlane signing on the day of a proposed boycott from Rangers for £100,000(where the feck did that board find the money).

The whole Fleeting take over sags and all those shareholder meetings that had more folk locked out of them than in attendance. 

30 minutes ago, Andy said:

A Bob McConville thunderbolt own goal v Dundee United, that had Jim McLean pissing himself(no mean feet).

Dave McFarlane signing on the day of a proposed boycott from Rangers for £100,000(where the feck did that board find the money).

The whole Fleeting take over sags and all those shareholder meetings that had more folk locked out of them than in attendance. 

I think Paul Martin left for Hamilton soon after for £65000. Still left that board a chunk to find though. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I thought that own goal against Dundee Utd in pre season was a guy called Hugh Houston? Might be wrong, long time ago!! 87 or 88?

2 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

Ignore my post above which is clearly 90% wrong.

Although does anyone remember a game (possibly Hearts) at home somewhere around this time where we did get a goal against us for a thigh back to the keeper? Pretty sure it happened at the Chadwick end but was at the other side of the goal to this one?

I think the passback game was against Rangers in September 1996 (lost 4-1 but were winning until the last 20-odd minutes when we fell apart). Think McGowne committed the infringement.

Edited by matthewn1986

38 minutes ago, CathcartKillie said:

I thought that own goal against Dundee Utd in pre season was a guy called Hugh Houston? Might be wrong, long time ago!! 87 or 88?

Ah, I remember the Hugh Houston og. I've been wracking my brain trying to think when Bobby McConnville scored one against Dundee Utd. I think we got well beat 4-1 that day.

2 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

Hoping this post isn’t as embarrassing as my earlier attempt at remembering stuff but I’m 99% sure that was Falkirk we played.

We won 3-1 with all the goals at the far end. 

Graham Fenton scored his first Mirren goal in the first half (we all saw it coming on the bus on the way up after Radio Scotland had announced he hadn’t scored since moving there).

Wright scored a second half hat trick that got more difficult to see with each goal.

What about the 2-0 win at Tannadice to make it 5 wins in a row at the start of one of JJs last seasons and a Killie fan having a memorable removal by Taysides finest?

All the goals in rhe St Mirren game were into our end.

15 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

Aye, I remember there was a big Killie support and I'm pretty sure it was on the telly as well. I seem to remember it was a Friday night, but I might be wrong.

Think you are right. Played their Irish "traditional" music over the PA while the lights were out which was even more annoying because it was at Hampden.

17 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Going to watch killie i think killie mid eighties spring cup i think the crowd was 500 i think must be the lowest crowd in a competitive match in killies great history

Alloa? - You're getting old, it was the 70s as I was still at school.

If I remember correctly, we lost as well. 

Edited by Pelesboots