Bizzare Killie Episodes

39 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

The Billy Brown half time show v Gretna at fir park was weird show to witness.....

That was one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen at a football match.   Not that I had much in the first place, but I had absolutely no respect for Brown after that incident. 

55 minutes ago, capitalkillie said:

Think that was the match where Skilling refused to shake van hooijdonks hand because of his diving. Photo of him gesturing to pierre made it into the papers.

And onto tee-shirts that many of us wore at the next couple of games against them. Think I'll try and find it and see if it still fits. 

1 hour ago, capitalkillie said:

Think that was the match where Skilling refused to shake van hooijdonks hand because of his diving. Photo of him gesturing to pierre made it into the papers.

2 minutes ago, Asasaid said:

And onto tee-shirts that many of us wore at the next couple of games against them. Think I'll try and find it and see if it still fits. 

Just realised those automatic washing machines back then that had hot washes shrunk most of my clothes, most of my old Killie tops from then also shrunk as nothing fits me anymore that's over 10 years old. :7:

1 hour ago, Pelesboots said:

Alloa? - You're getting old, it was the 70s as I was still at school.

If I remember correctly, we lost as well. 

No, it was April 1984, it was a First Division match and we won 2-0!

Attendance was 480. 

There was four home league attendances under 1,000 that season. 

Edited by skygod

Mid to late 1980s pre-season match with pay to get in to see Killie v Killie reserves. Blues v Reds as I recall. 

Meadowbank was as folk have said invariably bizarre. Two other incidents come to mind. 

The half time penalty competition when a chubby Meadowbank boy provoked a chorus of ‘Fatty fatty’. Not big and not clever but hilarious when the tubby chap walked off giving the Killie fans plenty of the fingers and get it up yese. Oh how we larfed. 

The second was when an inebriated Killie fan dodged the stewards and did the long jump on the long jump track and into the sand pit. 

Warm up shooty in at Somerset. Ayr player boots ball into railway end. Mubs sticks it up his jumper. Polis in the crowd looking for the ball but nae luck. 

The Club Chairman passing round a bottle of voddy and orange on the train back from Montrose. 

Etc etc etc.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye 13th January. Was my wee brothers birthday that day..To say the result ruined his day was understatement. Can still remember being in a stinking mood walking out hampden. 

13th Jan '95 was a Friday .... the day my papa died.

Aberdeen Away Dec 95, mid week, floodlight failure, the SFA being forward thinking sent us back up for the replayed game the week of Christmas.

Bobby Fleeting and Denny Martin met us at gates and everyone was given a tshirt.

ONE OF THE FEW

ABERDEEN MID WINTER 95

We got pumped 3-1 I think.

There was a strange bust up with a steward at mwell away a few seasons back. Think he wasn’t letting an old boy downstairs. Started a big rammy in the stairs at FT, polis had to surround the steward. Think there were a few folk in headlocks.

Boydy scoring 6 but getting one chopped off incorrectly was bizarre. 

4-4 draw at home to Dundee Utd was a strange game. Bryso may have adored a cross/shot or a belter... great game 

5 hours ago, GrazyKillie said:

There was a strange bust up with a steward at mwell away a few seasons back. Think he wasn’t letting an old boy downstairs. Started a big rammy in the stairs at FT, polis had to surround the steward. Think there were a few folk in headlocks.

To add to this a well known Killie fan was arrested by Mark Reilly as a result of said fracas

10 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Having Chad Harpur as goalie and the Billy Brown half time show v Gretna at fir park was weird show to witness......

the open days back in the day when likes of Gary Shaw turned up as a "star signing.." , 

I’m curious to find out what exactly Billy Brown was up to that night as I don’t remember it?

14 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

Lights going out v Celtic at Hampden in the Scottish Cup quarter final in the mid-nineties.

And the Killie fans immediately singing "Fergus ! Fergus ! Pay the Bill ! Fergus, pay the Bill !" Even sellik fans laughed :-)

1 hour ago, AndyKTID said:

I’m curious to find out what exactly Billy Brown was up to that night as I don’t remember it?

About 5 minutes into half time he brought the team back out onto the pitch and basically yelled at them for a few minutes before making them do what the half time subs normally do. One of the most embarrasing things I've ever seen as a Killie fan.

10 hours ago, skygod said:

No, it was April 1984, it was a First Division match and we won 2-0

He referred to the Spring Cup, so I responded back on that game against Alloa - this took place on 13th March 1976, was dire and finished 0 - 0.  I seem to remember a really low crowd as well. 

Despite being promoted that season we couldn't finish in the top 2 of a group including Falkirk, Alloa and Berwick, so were knocked out in the group stages.

1 hour ago, Pelesboots said:

He referred to the Spring Cup, so I responded back on that game against Alloa - this took place on 13th March 1976, was dire and finished 0 - 0.  I seem to remember a really low crowd as well. 

Despite being promoted that season we couldn't finish in the top 2 of a group including Falkirk, Alloa and Berwick, so were knocked out in the group stages.

The crowd for the Spring Cup tie was over 2,500.

Attendances in 70s were nowhere near as dire as in the early 80s. 

As an aside, the Spring Cup and, before it, the Summer Cup were a rotten idea. 

Younger supporters might imagine that our 1964-65 season ended in that triumphant match at Tynecastle. 

Wrong! It ended in the middle of May after some anticlimactic Summer Cup ties.

Or did it? On 19 June we played Hearts again at Tynecastle in an experimental match (I’ll write about that elsewhere!). 

We then went to New York at the beginning of July - not much of a close season! 

Edited by skygod