Midfield

Rml

Whilst I agree we are lacking creativity in the middle,the 2  players we've lost in there over the summer didn't exactly fit that mould and look at the season we had.

Will SC look to keep Power/Dicker/Wilson protecting the defence and try to get it in someone who holds it all together (like Mulumbu) whilst exploiting opposition down the flanks?

Mulumbu IMO did fill that "mould" in that he was strong on the ball and wanted to move the play forward quicker either in possession himself or to look to pass it on in the right areas

so vital we bring in at least one more midfielder who can help us going forward 

was hoping Kiltie might develop more under SC as a creative player ---and used in a more deeper role as feel his chances of getting a place "up front" will be more limited  

3 hours ago, Rml said:

Whilst I agree we are lacking creativity in the middle,the 2  players we've lost in there over the summer didn't exactly fit that mould and look at the season we had.

Will SC look to keep Power/Dicker/Wilson protecting the defence and try to get it in someone who holds it all together (like Mulumbu) whilst exploiting opposition down the flanks?

Mulumbu in particular is the box to box midfielder you're describing. Tish too, but not on Mulumbu's level.

Are you thinking of a Kiltie-type, number 10, popping with double figures?

44 minutes ago, McDeeBop said:

Mulumbu in particular is the box to box midfielder you're describing. Tish too, but not on Mulumbu's level.

I see box to box and creative as 2 different things.

1 hour ago, McDeeBop said:

What I'm trying to say is,we didn't have a creative midfielder last season..do we need one now?

5 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

I think Steve Clarke knows what we need, what system to play and who to play in said system. Don’t lose any sleep over it lads, we’re in good hands.

Who's losing sleep over it?..it's a discussion..the main purpose of a forum.

4 minutes ago, Bbk said:

And he was probably the best shielder of the ball as well as very strong in the way he could hold off opponents when in possession of it a total class act!

I agree with this but was he a creative midfielder?..I'd say no,which makes me ask again...is SC looking for a creative midfielder?

Would last seasons system be as effective with a similar player to Mulumbu but of lesser quality. Realistically that’s what we could be looking at. 

With the raw pace of JJ and Ndjoli as well as the likes of Erwin, Brophy and the slower but clever runs of Boyd and also the attacking fullbacks I suspect a decent passer who plays with his head up could do a lot of damage in our team at the moment. 

Agree with this as well...I suppose the crux of it is Mulumbu was of such high quality for our level that it didn't matter if he was creative or box to box,he was the best midfielder in the league when on form and SC will hopefully replace as best he can.

Just now, Rml said:

Agree with this as well...I suppose the crux of it is Mulumbu was of such high quality for our level that it didn't matter if he was creative or box to box,he was the best midfielder in the league when on form and SC will hopefully replace as best he can.

Was replying to Piffer,not the return of Emerenko!

22 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

One or two new signing to midfielder (centre or defensive or attack)?

One thing im sure we need nore than anything else is somebody with a little creativity in the middle of the park. Power and Dicker dont have this and should be allowed to go about their game of breaking up play and ball winning. 

#1 priority is.... for me. A cretive midfielder. Mulumbu had it all but somebody that can use the ball please.