Subscription TV football coverage

Really isn't good for the viewer with Sky Sports, BT and now 11 Sports on the market. It was bad enough that if you wanted to watch the Scottish football you would need to subscribe to Sky and BT but was kind of offset that Sky had La Liga and BT had Serie A. Decided to cancel Sky Sports this year and most of the spfl games appear to be on it so far. Sky was costing £28 a month latterly. 

I don't know about anyone else but I don't watch the epl. Couldn't care less about it but I feel BT and especially Sky charge us exorbitant amounts so they can pay over the odds for it. Will never happen broadcasters should not be allowed the split rights between them. Also there are too many players on the market now. For example if you subscribed to all three of the big three now, sky, BT and eleven and you go to watch a Europa league qualifier and it's on Premier Sports. 

Never had Sky, doubt I ever will have. Watch BT Sports free on the lap top since I am a BT Customer. And that's it.

The lust for telly money has created monsters (EPL, CL) that will implode with horrific consequences at some future date but are less and less relevant to people who support their local team (whatever the level), unless their local team happens to be Barcelona.

was said well over a decade ago  that the "bubble" will burst in regard to the huge money TV pays for Football rights --but it has not and in fact it keeps on increasing with more Companies now circling too

but so does the subscription costs for customers 

would be interested to know the drop off percentage of those cancelling likes of SKY and BT in recent years --and how they see the future business model--

-but as with likes of the Open Golf hived off to Sky --- its not really anymore about getting a big audience for the sport  its who pays the higher bid and for likes of Sky its getting the subscribers you keep--- to pay even more and many seem to want to keep on doing that 

I admit to having both Sky and BT. My wife is a Spurs and cricket fan and Sky is the only place that you can watch home test matches and most one day and 20/20 games. We have BT through the Sky dish as I don't have a standard outdoor aerial. The worst part is the haggling when the contracts are due renewal, this normally lasts several days and threatening to leave for the opposition. There have been rumours that BT want to be the sole broadcaster for Scottish Football which initially might get clubs here a better deal but in the long run if there is no competition then would BT offer less ?

25 minutes ago, Caldow said:

I want to watch F1 and golf but refuse to pay for overinflated wages in English football to do so. And it’s s**te and boring anyway - so is the champions league. 

English football and Champions League is boring but you elect to watch Formula 1? Are you a sadist? 

21 minutes ago, Caldow said:

I want to watch F1 and golf but refuse to pay for overinflated wages in English football to do so. And it’s s**te and boring anyway - so is the champions league. 

You can choose only Sky Sports F1 and golf channels without taking the football channel. BT show the Champions League so you don't need that either because they don't show F1 and all the majors are on Sky.

Not sure what the answer is but it is worth remembering there was a time when to see a major sporting event you had to go to the major sporting event. In Scotland you may have been treated to the World Cup, some internationals and the Scottish Cup final. You could not even watch the FA Cup final unless you went to Girvan or other location which had Ulster TV. We survived during these dark ages.

I agree that the money now is crazy but it’s like complaining about the price of a Michelin star restaurant. If you don’t want to pay the daft prices the remedy is not to demand the same service at a different price. The remedy is to remember we can cope without the service so we won’t pay the price.