Queens Park

piffer

Don't think SC will share your opinion thankfully he will use all of the above throughout the season depending on the opposition we are facing and at least the team have achieved qualification for the next round onwards and upwards!

Given the lack of minutes I’m struggling to see where the likes of Frizzell, Higgins and Thomas will feature in the squad. Friz and Higgins haven’t played in the league cup. Thomas has effectively been brought on late to see out games. He looks to be behind JJ, Ndjoli, Burke, Kiltie and McKenzie for the attacking positions.

25 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

People slate pre-season friendlies but if playing against decent opposition you have a half-idea how you are shaping up. 

We’re going into st Johnstone match, as they are, having absolutely no idea whether we’re any good 

You honestly think we would have a better idea of our team if we'd had three friendlies against some mob like say Sunderland, with most of the team subbed off at half time and the game played at a drab friendly pace - than we have from these four competitive games in a cup competition? Couldn't disagree more. 

Far better to have something approaching our settled starting 11 playing in games that actually matter to get match fit than fiddling about in some guff friendly. 

Edited by Dillinger

Today can’t be far off our starting 11 but to be honest you could have said that before seeing us play with the squad we have. I’d say eight of the places in the team will be almost guaranteed. MacDonald is first choice keeper. Back four picks itself if fit with SOD, Broadfoot, Findlay and Taylor. I expect Power and Dicker to start in CM and Boyd upfront. Three places up for grabs? Does JJ play on the left or put Ndjoli in there? Do we play with a right midfielder in Burke or use McKenzie, Kiltie or Wilson in another variation of our three man midfield? And who partners Boyd. Brophy, Erwin and Ndjoli all bring something to the table. 

31 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

You honestly think we would have a better idea of our team if we'd had three friendlies against some mob like say Sunderland, with most of the team subbed off at half time and the game played at a drab friendly pace - than we have from these four competitive games in a cup competition? Couldn't disagree more. 

Far better to have something approaching our settled starting 11 playing in games that actually matter to get match fit than fiddling about in some guff friendly. 

Could at least play trialists though. 

St Mirren played Sunderland and now they have a very good idea that they’re pish.

I can see the benefit of playing competitive matches but at this moment in time how do you think we are shaping up compared to St Johnstone for next Saturday and are we prepared for start of premier league season?

No idea........

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

5 hours ago, Richie242KFC said:

Professional job well done. We would have struggled to do this under AJ/Locke/McCulloch etc

Disagree- at the exact same time last year we dispatched Dumbarton in a far more convincing manner than was shown today.  Credit to Queens for a well organised performance.  Let's hope we are much sharper next week, that Findlay is fit  and that JJ decides to take the risk of getting tackled. 

Thought Queens Park defended well. Boyd should have had 2/3 goals without being overly involved. Sod and Taylor both looked to get forward and Dicker and Power bossed the midfield. 

QP pressed everyone except Scott Boyd knowing he was our poorest passer. This led to him having a lot of the ball. Frustrating our support by the sounds of it, we recycled play side to side pretty well. We didn’t have that penetrating pass into the final third but we kept ball well. 

Burke provides an early delivery and doesn’t need to beat his man to put balls in box. Njoli looked good in spells and did well to set up goal. 

Having watched Jones at Spartans and the second half today, it is apparent he isn’t his normal cocky self. Disinterested to say the least,  he was unwilling to run the right back opting to turn inside on numerous occasions. 

Edited by Souleycouley93

9 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Having watched Jones at Spartans and the second half today, it is apparent he isn’t his normal cocky self. Disinterested to say the least,  he was unwilling to run the right back opting to turn inside on numerous occasions. 

The cynical side of me says “he’s offski”, and so does the other side of me. 

11 hours ago, piffer said:

Given the lack of minutes I’m struggling to see where the likes of Frizzell, Higgins and Thomas will feature in the squad. Friz and Higgins haven’t played in the league cup. Thomas has effectively been brought on late to see out games. He looks to be behind JJ, Ndjoli, Burke, Kiltie and McKenzie for the attacking positions.

I would expectFrizzell,Higgins and Thomas to be at least loaned out .Can't see them getting much game time here .

11 hours ago, piffer said:

Today can’t be far off our starting 11 but to be honest you could have said that before seeing us play with the squad we have. I’d say eight of the places in the team will be almost guaranteed. MacDonald is first choice keeper. Back four picks itself if fit with SOD, Broadfoot, Findlay and Taylor. I expect Power and Dicker to start in CM and Boyd upfront. Three places up for grabs? Does JJ play on the left or put Ndjoli in there? Do we play with a right midfielder in Burke or use McKenzie, Kiltie or Wilson in another variation of our three man midfield? And who partners Boyd. Brophy, Erwin and Ndjoli all bring something to the table. 

I would think that will pretty much be it most weeks if everyone is fit. Still a couple of new faces to come though I think.  

We all know nobody is going to give us near to a million by what has been witnessed so far this season but if he starts the first four league games like last years JJ who knows I think next weeks first line up by SC will give us all the indication as to who will be the preferred starting eleven and let's hope an on fire JJ is part of it!

12 hours ago, Killiesince69 said:

Disagree- at the exact same time last year we dispatched Dumbarton in a far more convincing manner than was shown today.  Credit to Queens for a well organised performance.  Let's hope we are much sharper next week, that Findlay is fit  and that JJ decides to take the risk of getting tackled. 

And after we despatched Dumbarton last year we then played 8 games in the league and 1 in the cup without a single victory so I hardly think it was a sign of good form to come. 

Its hard to read very much into these early games although two years ago it was already obvious that Lee Clark had largely signed a load of duds. 

On 7/29/2018 at 6:35 AM, Thebigguy68 said:

He is.....to sunderland

To be fair, last week you confidently said that. You also said Dumbarton would be his last game. You also mentioned the fee he was going for.

Forgive me for not taking your post as gospel.