Erwin - Iran

Shortie

If he’s being offered crazy money like the £20k a week being quoted then IMO he will go. Yes it’s a move to a club in Iran but as hinted at above it might not be a move to Iran. There are loads of clubs in that part of the world and in the former soviet states who are not based where they play. It could be a case of being based in Dubai, Oman or another more hospitable nation and travelling in for matches. 

4 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Financial fair play is a UEFA thing, nothing to do with Iran. It's also a massive load of corrupt bollocks, but that's another subject. It won't play any part in this deal anyhow.

Yeah I know, I just used that term to sarcastically describe how utterly corrupt this money will be. 

Do Erwin, Stokes and Forrester share an agent maybe?   I'd head out there, what an experience that would be. Even if it was for 6 months like most of these Scottish players who go to similar far flung places, returning much richer.  Iran looked decent at the WC too, so isn't a football backwater like say China!

Controversially; I'd buy Shankland with any proceeds.

If we could get a back-up in quickly, I'd take any money and run. To me, Erwin flatters to deceive, on his game he can be instrumental but it happens way less often than we can afford. 

I'd rather see Brophy partner Boyd. The boy has done well any game he's played in, runs his heart out, and is prone to a goal or two. 

Let Erwin go, give Brophy his chance, and bring in a young replacement that Boyd/Clarke can mentor. Just my opinion right enough! 

I think that would be a terrible decision for the player, i'm sure SSC will tell him the same, however i can see Erwin taking the money instead of furthering a career in football. No massive loss to us since we have a hungry Kris Boyd (no a fat joke lol) and a player in Brophy thats full of goals to partner him, but in a few games last season Erwin was the best player on the park and won us points when other players were a bit off. Whatever happens i hope Lee has a conversation with the manager and doesn't make a daft mistake in leaving. 

9 minutes ago, jesper said:

If we could get a back-up in quickly, I'd take any money and run. To me, Erwin flatters to deceive, on his game he can be instrumental but it happens way less often than we can afford. 

I'd rather see Brophy partner Boyd. The boy has done well any game he's played in, runs his heart out, and is prone to a goal or two. 

Let Erwin go, give Brophy his chance, and bring in a young replacement that Boyd/Clarke can mentor. Just my opinion right enough! 

I'll have to disagree. I rate both Brophy and Erwin, and both partner Boyd well so losing one of them would be a major blow. I know Kiltie and Ndjoli are there too but unfortunately Kiltie's injury record is poor and Ndjoli all be it off to a great start is still untested at this level.