Livi Match Fred

C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Fantastic away support even McLean07 must be impressed ?

Very impressed. They deserve more though. We're going back the way. I think it's all very well being calm and collected, but SSC needs to get his finger out and get some quality signed soon. Too many players with no energy today and no inspiration. We need to win games like these when you see the fixtures coming up. 

Completely Livi's prerogative if they want to overfill the pitch with beads, which they did. Our main attacking threat comes from runs out wide, and that's nigh on impossible with the pitch like that. So it's then up to Killie to find a way to get around that, which we couldn't. The pitch suits the way Livi want to play, and I can't see many leaving there with all 3 points this season.

Smallest budget in the league so they have to do what they can within the laws to stay up. It might not be pretty, but that's life. 

10 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Completely Livi's prerogative if they want to overfill the pitch with beads, which they did. Our main attacking threat comes from runs out wide, and that's nigh on impossible with the pitch like that. So it's then up to Killie to find a way to get around that, which we couldn't. The pitch suits the way Livi want to play, and I can't see many leaving there with all 3 points this season.

Smallest budget in the league so they have to do what they can within the laws to stay up. It might not be pretty, but that's life. 

We've done the same/similar with ours. Any time rangers or celtic showed up, it looked like an entre bag of infill was dropped round the penalty area. In the last year or so, we gave up watering the thing to make the ball stick.

This is no different to St Johnstone in the 90s letting their grass grow in time to play a bigger team. Folk are just up in arms because it's 'plastic' dark arts, and not grass dark arts.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

1,300 home supporters!

Looks like the Livingston public have about as much appetite for Premiership football as that of Hamilton. 

They're there on merit though, shame on the likes of Dundee Utd and Partick Thistle.

I’m not sure I agree with them being there on merit. They finished 4th in their league. 

33 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I think it's all very well being calm and collected, but SSC needs to get his finger out and get some quality signed soon.

It's been a very disappointing window so far. Findlay is the only "real" signing and he was here last season on loan! Bachmann and Millen are back-ups who look unlikely to put much pressure on the incumbents.

Ndjoli is a raw kid who seems promising so far but isn't our player. 

There's not much sign so far that Higgins, Waters and Thomas have pushed themselves into contention after their loans. None of the youth players are knocking the door down for inclusion.

Senior players have departed in Greer, Smith, Mulumbu and seemingly Erwin, before you look at any increase in playing budget. 

I think everyone understood when SC elected in January to back the players who had done well for him, and to reward most of them with new contracts.

But we need to kick on from last season's excellent finish. I want to believe that SC has the budget and the contacts to bring in the quality players he has spoken of, so judgement suspended until the window closes.

9 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I’m not sure I agree with them being there on merit. They finished 4th in their league. 

Livingston were actually runners up and did deserve their promotion. I think they will battle away in the league but ultimately they and their fans will offer little to the Premiership.

Just now, TroonKFC said:

Livingston were actually runners up and did deserve their promotion. I think they will battle away in the league but ultimately they and their fans will offer little to the Premiership.

Oh really. Was convinced they had finished lower and that’s why they had to play United and then Thistle. My bad. 

As far as I’m concerned booing was for what we paid to get in and the dross we watched on a shocking pitch. Not our team.We got crucified last season by the rest of the league for the state of  our pitch. However the surface today makes our pitch look like a bowling green. Our front players weren’t at the races today at all. Most of the team looked really uncomfortable and not fully committed. I can understand that with the pitch. A point away from home against a newly promoted team will do me at the start of the season. What we do need to get a grip of is the secterian bile being chanted by a section of our support. We are better than that. I found it ugly, especially with my younger daughter with me.

40 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

As far as I’m concerned booing was for what we paid to get in and the dross we watched on a shocking pitch. Not our team.We got crucified last season by the rest of the league for the state of  our pitch. However the surface today makes our pitch look like a bowling green. Our front players weren’t at the races today at all. Most of the team looked really uncomfortable and not fully committed. I can understand that with the pitch. A point away from home against a newly promoted team will do me at the start of the season. What we do need to get a grip of is the secterian bile being chanted by a section of our support. We are better than that. I found it ugly, especially with my younger daughter with me.

What sectarian bile? 

Biggest embarrassment of the afternoon was the playing surface which almost makes ours look OK...... almost.

It was a poor game. Livi are a team we should be expecting to get 3 pts from but we looked toothless. Boydie was particularly dissapointing although the rest didnae really look too interested.

Oh well, on to next week and hopefully a more sparkling performance.

58 minutes ago, Doonhamer said:

I thought it was because of his complexion. Been a running joke in Scottish fitba for a while. 

Didn't sound great admittedly

That pitch today was a disgrace. I'll be telling friends of mine who follow other Premiership sides to avoid the away trip to Livingston.

Performance wise I felt we had a bit off an off day. Felt if we'd thrown everything at them 2nd half we would eventually have scored but content with a point.

Poor game on a poor surface. No inspiration or creativity from us. Livi close down space and look for balls over the top and set pieces. First half it worked for them and they were the better team. Second half we dealt with them fine especially after Wilson came on, but the creative spark was completely absent. Not a day for Ndjoli - I’d have subbed him sooner. Keeper and back 4 did very well all game especially with broadfoot (rightly) and S Boyd (wrongly) seeing yellow inside 10 mins. 

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Our pitch is pish but that’s a nightmare, especially for something that’s just been laid. Players were struggling to pass and control in the warm up and it was almost impossible for players to run with the ball at any pace.

Our park gets slated and rightly so but that was unbelievably bad.

This. Hate our pitch but for a newly laid 3/4G that was horrendous. Clouds of rubber crumb disconcerting.

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Very impressed. They deserve more though. We're going back the way. I think it's all very well being calm and collected, but SSC needs to get his finger out and get some quality signed soon. Too many players with no energy today and no inspiration. We need to win games like these when you see the fixtures coming 

Calm down.  Are you ever happy?

Let’s stop talking about pitch...we beginning to sound like old firm plans. It’s same for all. We won’t win every game. There will be many teams drop points to a battling, hungry, livi team..particularly early on in the season. As far as signings, sc said he leave it late. We have kept our big guns and that’s not through inactivity or because no team was interested. It was work by Clarke and the board. The next 2 weeks will see sc add the missing ingredients to the team. Sc has delivered to promise so far. He even acknowledged today would be hardest game. Everything he says so far has come true yet people still doubt. Let’s wait till end of transfer window before we draw any conclusions.

Awful game on an awful surface not helped by some inconsistent refereeing.

Scott Boyds booking was a joke, didnt even look a free kick.

How Kenny Miller didnt get booked for constant fouling is a mystery.

Thought our back 4 was solid. Boyd and Broadfoot did well considering their early yellow cards.

Centre of midfield got overran. Probably the worst Ive seen Gary Dicker play. Alan Power got better as the game went on.

Ian Wilson made a difference when he came on trying to drive forward .

Ndjoli and Jones were largely ineffective and Boydie got poor service.

Burke did ok but we are crying out for a creative midfielder with an eye for a pass. 

12 hours ago, Guff92 said:

I didn’t boo.

But whoever did had many reasons to do so. 

£24 a head.

Ref was shocking.

Livi had 11 men behind the ball for the full game, boring.

We do need to improve though, need 3/4 new players.

If someone pays £24 plus cost of getting there gambling on being entertained and their team wining then I'd suggest that money isn't an issue for them.

"Ref was shocking." Are they new to Scottish football?

Livi are entitled to set up any way they want. They don't need to get approval from opposition fans.