Chairman for the Day

KillieFC

24 minutes ago, KillieFC said:

So you're Killie Chairman for the day and you have £100k to splash out on something to improve the club...what would it be? Keep it real please!

More staff for the front office to help the club run more efficiently? A second hand tv scanner to run a streaming service from...

Just now, Zorro said:

Strips, scarfs, balls, flags.... you know, typical football club merchandise.

100k on 'stuff' is one way.  At the moment, Killie are doing a lot of good stuff from a community perspective including free after school sessions (with strips) for two target primary schools.  The area behind the Moffat is brilliant for getting kids into and Paul Di Giacomo is incredibly enthusiastic and passionate about supporting the town's young people with the hope that he is contributing to the cultivation of the next generation of fans. 

Personally, I'd like to see every young person in the town being given the opportunity to play on the park or in the ground and meet with  players on a regular basis. So, my 100k would go on minibus fares to and from schools and training strips.  Basically, the club need to become as integral to the town as the projects being run by Centrestage and Vibrant Communities.  I'm delighted to say that, thanks to the club and the efforts of the Trust, that work is underway in this regard.  It will take a good bit of time, but I'm confident that the club is really going in the right direction. 

7 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

100k on 'stuff' is one way.  At the moment, Killie are doing a lot of good stuff from a community perspective including free after school sessions (with strips) for two target primary schools.  The area behind the Moffat is brilliant for getting kids into and Paul Di Giacomo is incredibly enthusiastic and passionate about supporting the town's young people with the hope that he is contributing to the cultivation of the next generation of fans. 

Personally, I'd like to see every young person in the town being given the opportunity to play on the park or in the ground and meet with  players on a regular basis. So, my 100k would go on minibus fares to and from schools and training strips.  Basically, the club need to become as integral to the town as the projects being run by Centrestage and Vibrant Communities.  I'm delighted to say that, thanks to the club and the efforts of the Trust, that work is underway in this regard.  It will take a good bit of time, but I'm confident that the club is really going in the right direction. 

I totally agree about the club becoming a focal point for the community, and 100% agree with the players meeting kids as often as possible. However I think the most effective use of resources would be for the players to go to the schools to do training sessions and gym classes etc. They can hand out merchandise while they’re there  

I’m not a fan of every Tom, Dick and Harry playing on the pitch. It might sound old fashioned but I think playing at the ground should be an honour and something to aspire to. How about competitions to play on it? An inter-school cup, design a poster or something. Anything that gets the kids thinking about the club more. 

A fair dillema. @KillieFC I assume this question is in relation to the Trust's 100k investment to get a seat on the board?

Perhaps you get ahead of a new training centre and spend part of the money on an educational suite to help the youth team and community, that could then be lifted and shifted to a new training centre?

Thinking a suite full of computers for analysing matches, creating videos and CVs for when yoth players need to leave the club etc. Would go hand-in-hand with academy and potentially the community.

Beyond that, perhaps an investment in GPS/Heart rate equipment for the youth team, if it doesn't exist already. The first team certainly have it but I can imagine the budget never went as far as the youth team.

The academy may also benefit from some of the latest functional training aids that have been developed over the last 10 years. Again they could be utilised by some community functions. 

And then, how about setting up a scheme where you subsidise school visits: bus from the school, a tour of stadium, time in the new video suite mentioned above), kick about behind the Moffat stand, lunch, free match tickets for everyone on the tour.