Chairman for the Day

KillieFC

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

You asked for it......

The club wishes to inform supporters that a card machine trial will take place at the East Stand tea bars during Sunday's game with Rangers.

Killie fans will be able to pay using chip and pin cards or contactless payment for food and drink items at our Betfred Cup second round match.

Working in association with First Payment Merchant Services, we aim to help provide a quicker and easier customer service experience for supporters and we appreciate the patience of fans during this trial run.

The club plans to roll out the machines into our other stands for forthcoming home matches. 

Fans will still be able to pay with cash at all our tea bars.

Excellent. Shame i sit in the FB stand xD

On 8/16/2018 at 12:11 PM, Secret Squirrel said:

I think some people underestimate the cost of any IT project. Apart from the ticketing system everything else is well out width the budget of 100k. For a start any team would need to see if they could interact with the current software and if so what challenges and limitations this causes. I highly doubt that the software we have at the moment will be easy to interface with. By the time you get the scope right we could well be looking at a massive development timescale which is not cheap. Coupled with a few delays which is common in any project and we could be faced with a massive bill. 

Not trying to knock people enthusiasm but I think its worth taking into consideration. As I say the ticketing is the only IT based project I've seen here that could remotely work within budget.

However 100k could be a starting point for the more ambitious IT ideas here.   

I’m in the dark ages with this kind of stuff, so this might sound ignorant, but how hard is it to set up a ticketing system that allows you to print off e tickets with a barcode which is scanned at the turnstiles? Every gig and venue in the country seem to have them, trains, buses and ferries use them, why not us?

15 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

I’m in the dark ages with this kind of stuff, so this might sound ignorant, but how hard is it to set up a ticketing system that allows you to print off e tickets with a barcode which is scanned at the turnstiles? Every gig and venue in the country seem to have them, trains, buses and ferries use them, why not us?

The ticketing system is not hard to do. All I was saying is depending on how old the software we are using is it poses different problems than just deploying a completely new ticketing system. The more difficult it is to interact with the original  system the more days you need to pay for analysis and development. As I said e ticketing  is well within the 100k remit and an idea that I support as it's something  that we really need to make it more convenient for everyone.

Hope it clears it up.