Kris Boyd Testimonial year

Trojan76

It's just one event.  @Garvis  He could pitch the dinner solely at Killie fans and make less for charity, or they may be another event or two lined up - the club haven't announced anything as mentioned previously.  I'd say what he'd want is the best turn out possible as the money is going to charity - even if it did hurt a few folks feelings on here - it's for charity, get over it.

4 minutes ago, RAG said:

It's just one event.  @Garvis  He could pitch the dinner solely at Killie fans and make less for charity, or they may be another event or two lined up - the club haven't announced anything as mentioned previously.  I'd say what he'd want is the best turn out possible as the money is going to charity - even if it did hurt a few folks feelings on here - it's for charity, get over it.

Get over what ? 

Just now, Garvis said:

Why would Killie or Rangers fans want to help each other’s charities find it a bit strange 

That's a most uncharitable statement in itself my man, at least going on my understanding of charity dinners.  It's Boydie's testimonial dinner and he's decided that's the route he's gone down.  His testimonial dinner, his call.  Besides, you book a table of ten, I'd imagine at least a few would be split KFC / WATP tables!

2 minutes ago, RAG said:

That's a most uncharitable statement in itself my man, at least going on my understanding of charity dinners.  It's Boydie's testimonial dinner and he's decided that's the route he's gone down.  His testimonial dinner, his call.  Besides, you book a table of ten, I'd imagine at least a few would be split KFC / WATP tables!

I’m far from uncharitable but personally I think it’s a recipe for disaster. I would gladly donate to the charity from Kilmarnock but there is not a chance I would donate to a Rangers charity so if that makes me uncharitable then that’s what I am and proud of it.

Just now, Garvis said:

I’m far from uncharitable but personally I think it’s a recipe for disaster. I would gladly donate to the charity from Kilmarnock but there is not a chance I would donate to a Rangers charity so if that makes me uncharitable then that’s what I am and proud of it.

You're not donating to a Rangers charity though.  You're attending the testimonial dinner of a KFC legend who's donating half his proceeds from a Glasgow night out, to the other team he played for.  To say charity in Glasgow is less worthy than Killie is under the circumstances missing the point.   If you don't agree with it being a worthy cause in Boyd's name then you don't have to attend.  Is a simple pitch.  Donating to charity or more importantly giving your time to charity, is not something to be proud of.  Its just something you do - or don't.

As a support and hopefully club that tries desperately hard to state that we are not a little Rangers...what a contrary signal this sends out...tantamount to MJ's non committal at their demise..sorry totally appalled at a joint venture and even more disgusted that the article quoted mentioned our 150 year anniversary.

Yes honour the man by all means but as Killie and for a charity not associated to Rangers....if he/they want to honour him by donating to their charity they are free to do so, just as i will gleefully miss any joint venture.

I would and could understand and attend a testimonial match between both clubs but would prefer in that case the money going to his own charity or one that is not associated to either club...   

2 minutes ago, RAG said:

You're not donating to a Rangers charity though.  You're attending the testimonial dinner of a KFC legend who's donating half his proceeds from a Glasgow night out, to the other team he played for.  To say charity in Glasgow is less worthy than Killie is under the circumstances missing the point.   If you don't agree with it being a worthy cause in Boyd's name then you don't have to attend.  Is a simple pitch.  Donating to charity or more importantly giving your time to charity, is not something to be proud of.  Its just something you do - or don't.

I donate to a charity based in Glasgow every month but it clearly says a Rangers charity further back in the posts so if that’s the case sorry I’m out 

11 minutes ago, RAG said:

In what way, shape or form aren't any Killie fans attending the dinner, not contributing to the Rangers Charity?

I think you'll find you've just admitted they are in the highlighted part of your post...... 

Edited by C4mmy31

1 minute ago, Garvis said:

I donate to a charity based in Glasgow every month but it clearly says a Rangers charity further back in the posts so if that’s the case sorry I’m out 

I know its a Rangers one.  Point is Boyd's wanted it that way.  If you don't agree, then don't attend.  His dinner, his call.  Not that I'll be attending.  

I'd go to an actual testimonial game if Boydie could get the fat Ronaldo out of retirement to play for Killie against some Rangers old crocks team.

He works for Sky sports - totally do-able.  

11 minutes ago, Arderkilliesier said:

As a support and hopefully club that tries desperately hard to state that we are not a little Rangers...what a contrary signal this sends out...tantamount to MJ's non committal at their demise..sorry totally appalled at a joint venture and even more disgusted that the article quoted mentioned our 150 year anniversary.

Yes honour the man by all means but as Killie and for a charity not associated to Rangers....if he/they want to honour him by donating to their charity they are free to do so, just as i will gleefully miss any joint venture.

I would and could understand and attend a testimonial match between both clubs but would prefer in that case the money going to his own charity or one that is not associated to either club...   

Spot on mate

4 minutes ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Is this anything to do with us?  Reads like Boyd's just organised a dance for his auld gers pals and there is a token gesture chucked our way cause he's contracted to us.  

Reads to me like the club has given him a testimonial year:

"The Kris Boyd Testimonial Committee is delighted to announce Kris Boyd has been granted a testimonial after years of sterling service, during three spells with Kilmarnock FC.

Former teammates Alan Mahood and Ian Durrant joined Kris this morning to officially launch his testimonial.

Our club captain has found the net 134 times during his time at Rugby Park and could yet become the club's all-time record goalscorer. 

A Sportsman’s Dinner will be held on Saturday, September 8 2018 at the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow to mark the opening of the testimonial year.

Jim White is hosting and top comedian and impressionist Darren Farley is providing the entertainment. There will be a special guest Q&A on the night.

Tables are priced at £695 per table of 10. Killie fans will be able to book their table for a £100 discount, at £595 per table, if they book before Wednesday, August 22.

Places can be booked by contacting the committee on [email protected]

Details of the testimonial match will be confirmed in the following weeks."

Why are everyone’s knickers in a twist. There is no mention of Sevco on the club website. The Sun are running with it as they do to sell papers. 

If you attend you are donating to Boyd and he’s deciding to split it between causes in the same way as Lewis Stevenson did at Hibs this summer. It’s just Some want to be offended by Boydies choices.  It annoys me that some people seem genuinely offended by this but would probably be quite happy if he blew the money. People will benefit from the money whether it be through Killie or Rangers. 

As for the venue what difference does it make. He held his inaugural charity do at Ayr Racecourse. Maybe just maybe those involved think the Park Hotel is s**te. Plenty on here have that opinion. 

As has been said if you don’t like the idea don’t donate and don’t go to any game. 

14 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

In what way, shape or form aren't any Killie fans attending the dinner, not contributing to the Rangers Charity?

I think you'll find you've just admitted they are in the highlighted part of your post...... 

No. You're clearly buying a ticket for a testimonial dinner in honour of a respected figure at the club!  The original post you quote me from mentioned "donating" directly to a Rangers charity.  Semantics innit?  "Contributing" is an entirely different word.  Who's to say the overall yield of 50% to Killie charities of some greater attendance will be less than 100% to a lower attendance?  Seems uncharitable to be splitting hairs on the issue anyway.  Attendance is not I believe mandatory.

Edited by RAG

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

Reads to me like the club has given him a testimonial year:

"The Kris Boyd Testimonial Committee is delighted to announce Kris Boyd has been granted a testimonial after years of sterling service, during three spells with Kilmarnock FC.

Former teammates Alan Mahood and Ian Durrant joined Kris this morning to officially launch his testimonial.

Our club captain has found the net 134 times during his time at Rugby Park and could yet become the club's all-time record goalscorer. 

A Sportsman’s Dinner will be held on Saturday, September 8 2018 at the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow to mark the opening of the testimonial year.

Jim White is hosting and top comedian and impressionist Darren Farley is providing the entertainment. There will be a special guest Q&A on the night.

Tables are priced at £695 per table of 10. Killie fans will be able to book their table for a £100 discount, at £595 per table, if they book before Wednesday, August 22.

Places can be booked by contacting the committee on [email protected]

Still reads to me like the club is nothing to do with the dance. Unless esc sports media is a subsidiary of Killie im unaware of.

Embarrassment to all Killie fans, all for charity and give at all opportunities but to associate ourselves to those feckin bigot scum arseholes is unforgivable.

These are the scum that sing about all the s**te that has feck all do to with our country and get away with it and we’re meant to go in tandem with it.

No chance.

1 minute ago, SaucyJackPirate said:

Still reads to me like the club is nothing to do with the dance. Unless esc sports media is a subsidiary of Killie im unaware of.

How much are the club involved in these things. I thought for tax purposes they were at arms length. Endorse and support but minimal involvement. Is that not something to do with why teams in testimonials rarely wear official club kits.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Embarrassment to all Killie fans, all for charity and give at all opportunities but to associate ourselves to those feckin bigot scum arseholes is unforgivable.

These are the scum that sing about all the s**te that has feck all do to with our country and get away with it and we’re meant to go in tandem with it.

No chance.

Looks whos hosting  it enough said

".....Kris Boyd has been granted a testimonial after years of sterling service, during three spells with Kilmarnock FC.…..

A Sportsman’s Dinner will be held on Saturday, September 8 2018 at the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow to mark the opening of the testimonial year...

How can anybody say this is nothing to do with KFC? "A dinner will be held....to mark the opening of his testimonial year".

9 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I’ll be going. Guy is a legend. 

Forget the word ‘Rangers’ in the title of the charity, they do fantastic work in the community and abroad helping many people. Any money that goes to those without vaccinations, clean water or food is fine in my eyes. 

They also do a lot of work for those with mental health, cancer and children’s hospitals. 

I applaud anyone who donates their time and money to charitable causes when they could bank it. 

Better get your orange songbook oot.

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

How much are the club involved in these things. I thought for tax purposes they were at arms length. Endorse and support but minimal involvement. Is that not something to do with why teams in testimonials rarely wear official club kits.

I'd always wondered (but never put 2 and 2 together) why you got fake strips in testimonials!