Current squad

Killie_cammyu84

A have a feeling that our current squad is what were going to run with. Fed up reading players being touted as potential signings. We have no money to pay fees and were offering a fiver a week in wages for free agents. So it's unlikely anybody will be interested in coming nor will they likely be of the quality we require to improve our squad. I think we're a good outfit but we desperately need a creative midfielder but sadly a can't see anybody joining as there's been not even a sniff of a signing or a rumour even that has any substance to it so getting bit frustrated with this we will bring in players talk as time is ticking on and we have a tough run of games that could make or break our season and effect confidence within our squad so I think we need to strengthen to help us achieve positive results in these games 

5 minutes ago, Killie_cammyu84 said:

A have a feeling that our current squad is what were going to run with. Fed up reading players being touted as potential signings. We have no money to pay fees and were offering a fiver a week in wages for free agents. So it's unlikely anybody will be interested in coming nor will they likely be of the quality we require to improve our squad. I think we're a good outfit but we desperately need a creative midfielder but sadly a can't see anybody joining as there's been not even a sniff of a signing or a rumour even that has any substance to it so getting bit frustrated with this we will bring in players talk as time is ticking on and we have a tough run of games that could make or break our season and effect confidence within our squad so I think we need to strengthen to help us achieve positive results in these games 

The point of the forum is to discuss stuff about Killie including rumours.

Only 12months ago SOD, Broadfoot, Power, Brophy, Burke, Erwin and Kris Boyd to name a few were written off and weren’t of the standard required to have a successful season. They were all in our price range and with the right coaching we went on to have a fantastic season going toe to toe with teams with a far higher budget. Quality doesn’t come from the most obvious sources all the time. 

The timescale hasn’t been ideal I’m sure but given SSC is now openly talking about adding two or three more then I believe it will happen. 

Just feel some of the players being touted are fantasy signings and are never going to actually ever play for killie. On mulumbu how long do we wait why not we make this move happen instead of maybe being left high and dry. There obviously isn't the interest in him he expected or he would have had something in place by now. There is obviously something stopping teams from snapping him up but it's unclear what it is.

10 minutes ago, Killie_cammyu84 said:

Just feel some of the players being touted are fantasy signings and are never going to actually ever play for killie. On mulumbu how long do we wait why not we make this move happen instead of maybe being left high and dry. There obviously isn't the interest in him he expected or he would have had something in place by now. There is obviously something stopping teams from snapping him up but it's unclear what it is.

Mulumbu was a fantasy signing until he signed. I’m not sure how we can force the deal without over committing financially. Only the player and his advisors will know the exact level of interest. I do find it strange that two seasons in a row he’s sitting at this stage with no club. 

Most of the players mentioned there is at worst a tedious link to either the club or the manager so it’s not inconceivable that they would sign if the package was correct. 

17 minutes ago, Killie_cammyu84 said:

Believe to achieve wee man. 

55 minutes ago, BoydsFace said:

Not sure how many times I have to refer supporters of our (and other) club(s) to SSC comments at the very start of the summer.

He’s taking his time and (probably) waiting on Mulumbu and I don’t blame him.

He also said recently he's been looking since June.

18 minutes ago, MJout said:

Not sure how virtually the team from last season who did so well and got all the plaudits are suddely deemed not good enough. We are a positive bunch.

We've probably lost 4 from last years squad (Mulumbu, Tsihbola, Greer & Erwin) and only brought in Njoli. We are now a bit light if we had any injuries or suspensions which we mostly avoided last year. We need to bring in 2 or 3 to give us more options, more strength in depth and to pose a challenge for some of the starters. Sometimes knowing they will be playing every week isn't the best situation for some players. 

20 minutes ago, historyman said:

We've probably lost 4 from last years squad (Mulumbu, Tsihbola, Greer & Erwin) and only brought in Njoli. We are now a bit light if we had any injuries or suspensions which we mostly avoided last year. We need to bring in 2 or 3 to give us more options, more strength in depth and to pose a challenge for some of the starters. Sometimes knowing they will be playing every week isn't the best situation for some players. 

Tsihnola no miss for me and greer would get nowhere near our team at the moment. Erwin was good some games not so good others. Mulumbu agreed is a big miss but we won plenty games when he wasn't playing. Agree another couple of signings would be good but either way I'm confident another good season beckons.

41 minutes ago, MJout said:

Tsihnola no miss for me and greer would get nowhere near our team at the moment. Erwin was good some games not so good others. Mulumbu agreed is a big miss but we won plenty games when he wasn't playing. Agree another couple of signings would be good but either way I'm confident another good season beckons.

A fit Gordon Greer would be our best defender. He was last season anyway. 

All four are big losses. 

5 hours ago, fraz65 said:

A fit Gordon Greer would be our best defender. He was last season anyway. 

All four are big losses. 

Agree but how often was he fit, once in every 3 games, we cannot afford to carry a player like that, therefore no big miss. Cannot reply on a player like that, Erwin replaceable, Mulumbu is irreplaceable and Tishbola i hope we work on trying to get him to rejoin

25 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Agree but how often was he fit, once in every 3 games, we cannot afford to carry a player like that, therefore no big miss. Cannot reply on a player like that, Erwin replaceable, Mulumbu is irreplaceable and Tishbola i hope we work on trying to get him to rejoin

Agreed. I was more objecting to the statement that he would get nowhere near our first team.