If You Think Raheem Sterling is s**te...

• Lroy changed the title to If You Think Raheem Sterling is s**te...
15 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

DjMZo7cWsAEZaiS.jpg

DjTWLQPWwAAL_OP.jpg

I see what you’re getting at here. Perhaps, however, it’s more to do with how utterly s**te one was at the WC while the other added another £40m to his market value. 

Or you could ask why Raheem has a “stunning” girlfriend while the other is referred to as “bikini-clad”...

Sterling is utter horse s**t for England and considered a traitor by many for the way he left Liverpool. Additionally he’s a diving little s**t which hardly is an endearing quality. 

Ian Wright was talking absolute nonsense as per usual whilst ignoring the many other black players who don’t receive as much attention. 

21 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

Or that he is a moron with questionable taste in tattoos, then you are a racist apparently:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45177178

So just watch your step, ya hear?

I don't follow any argument that he's s**te. I can't see how anyone reasonably clued up on the fitba can come to that conclusion, so I'll go ahead and assume this isn't your opinion.

So, in that case do you think he's a moron, and if so, in what way? He seems like one of the more down to earth young footballers who've managed to make it big in the game.

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

traitor by many for the way he left Liverpool.

Nearly on the money, but the issue with the media is the fact he actually had the audacity to leave their darling scousers and join the tin pot oil money Sheikh plaything arab nothing club with no fans in the first place. One club declared their interest and he was instantly honest that he wanted to leave to join that club and win trophies, which he's done. This is no different to many of the transfers you see year in year out.

2 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I do think he is a moron because of his gun tattoo and his explanation for having it. That came across as moronic to me, I must say. 

It wouldn't have been my choice of tattoo had my father been gunned down that's for sure... however each to their own. I don't think there is a racial agenda at all, I just think he's a diving little s**t who underachieves massively for country.

If I had a midfielder that scored 20+ goals a season and at international level looked out his depth I'd be pretty angry too and I reckon that's the only agenda here. 

I think we may be undetstatung just thr amount of negative media attention a young guy is actually getting, for no apparent reason. Please check out the below tweet and scroll down to see the amount of ridiculous headlines he's 'earned.'

https://twitter.com/adamkeyworth/status/1001218545588502530?s=09

As I say I think a big part of the issue involves the club he left and their relationship with the media, it certainly can account for some of the later ridiculous agenda driven headlines, but certainly the gun stuff suggests to me racial stereotyping from some parts. I don't see what's moronic about the tattoo, it's his tattoo and his reason for getting it is personal - frankly its disgusting he had to explain the reason in the first place. Young black lad from London gets gun tattoo on his leg - must be advocating gang violence. 

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

49 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

it's his tattoo and his reason for getting it is personal - frankly its disgusting he had to explain the reason in the first place. 

I didn't ask him to explain it, but if he comes out and says that the reason he got a huge tattoo of an AK47 on his leg is as a tribute to his dad who was killed in gun violence, then I feel I am within my rights to think that sounds moronic without bringing race into it - and I don't think Ian Wright has any business calling me a racist (which was the original point). I probably should not have made the OP and kept my thoughts to myself though, as I am obviously a closet KKK member.

30 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

I didn't ask him to explain it, but if he comes out and says that the reason he got a huge tattoo of an AK47 on his leg is as a tribute to his dad who was killed in gun violence, then I feel I am within my rights to think that sounds moronic without bringing race into it - and I don't think Ian Wright has any business calling me a racist (which was the original point). I probably should not have made the OP and kept my thoughts to myself though, as I am obviously a closet KKK member.

Just for the record, I wasn't meaning explain it to you, but large sections of the media who hounded him over it. I'm not accusing you of anything here. I was just interested in why you think he's a moron. 

I think he's extremely unfairly criticized for every day parts of his life which would not get the attention of 99% of top flight players. It's actually quite absurd. As for his England performances, the vilification he gets in the press before a ball gets kicked probably doesn't help his performances given that he's always been a 'confidence' type player for club or country. His performances weren't even *that* bad, he was involved in a lot of good that England done going forward but of course still has tendencies to miss easy chances or f**k up a final ball. 

If Raheem Sterling had missed Kane's chance v Croatia he'd still be getting slated for it today, but it's lovable Harry who's hugely to blame for England going out of the world cup so let's move on. The double standards of the MSM towards Sterling compared with others should at least be raising questions, if it's not racial stereotyping it's at least extremely harsh and verging on harassment of the guy.

On 8/15/2018 at 8:42 AM, david mcbeth said:

Indeed. If anyone believes that is the reason behind the tattoo then they are an bigger moron than Sterling himself. I don't recall any of the other black players attracting a great deal of criticism in the media during and after the World Cup - perhaps because their performances weren't way below the standards expected of them. 

The guy got a hard time in the press because he played badly, he had already been tagged as a real greedy individual by the way he left Liverpool and his 'tribute' tattoo just showed him to be an idiot. What colour he was didn't come into it. 

7 hours ago, historyman said:

Indeed. If anyone believes that is the reason behind the tattoo then they are an bigger moron than Sterling himself.

Ok historyman, since you obviously know, why did he get the tattoo if not for that reason?

It may not be to my taste or yours, but the guy has given his explanation behind it, why are you assuming he's lying?

It appears you've fallen for the tabloid's persecution, hook line and sinker. I don't blame you - it's what they do and what they rely upon.

You are absolutely correct. I don’t know the reason why he got the tattoo but I don’t believe the explanation he has given.  

The idea that he would wish to commemorate his dead father who had been gunned down by putting a tattoo of an AK47 on his leg isn’t believable to me. You don’t see people getting tattoos of cancer cells, the car their loved one was driving when they crashed or anything like that. 

Perhaps he thought it was cool to have a tattoo of an assault rifle, whose sole purpose is to kill and maim, and when there was an outcry about it his PR came up with that ludicrous explanation a la Jeremy Hunt. 

Either way, regardless of the colour of his skin, what team he plays for, how much money he earns and the attractiveness of his girlfriend, I think it was the action of a moron.  

5 hours ago, historyman said:

You are absolutely correct. I don’t know the reason why he got the tattoo but I don’t believe the explanation he has given.  

The idea that he would wish to commemorate his dead father who had been gunned down by putting a tattoo of an AK47 on his leg isn’t believable to me. You don’t see people getting tattoos of cancer cells, the car their loved one was driving when they crashed or anything like that. 

Perhaps he thought it was cool to have a tattoo of an assault rifle, whose sole purpose is to kill and maim, and when there was an outcry about it his PR came up with that ludicrous explanation a la Jeremy Hunt. 

Either way, regardless of the colour of his skin, what team he plays for, how much money he earns and the attractiveness of his girlfriend, I think it was the action of a moron.  

I don't think it's that implausible an explanation, it's not what I would go for but if it means something sentimental to him then who are we to judge? Linking his tattoo to an article regarding 2 completely unrelated stabbings in London on the same page is utterly scumbag behaviour from the s*n, and again raises the question....WHY?

It also doesn't explain the massive OTT media persecution of the lad. Can't go to Greggs for a sausage roll, can't drive a dirty car, can't shop in pound world, can't buy gifts for his mum, can't fly Ryanair, getting labelled 'footie idiot Raheem Sterling' in a caption for absolutely no apparant reason, adding words in to his statement to suggest hes used guns before...it's all a bit weird. I'm sure tomorrow the s*n journos and their tabloid counterparts will be all for improving the mental health of young footballers though, hypocrites.

9 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I don't think it's that implausible an explanation, it's not what I would go for but if it means something sentimental to him then who are we to judge? Linking his tattoo to an article regarding 2 completely unrelated stabbings in London on the same page is utterly scumbag behaviour from the s*n, and again raises the question....WHY?

It also doesn't explain the massive OTT media persecution of the lad. Can't go to Greggs for a sausage roll, can't drive a dirty car, can't shop in pound world, can't buy gifts for his mum, can't fly Ryanair, getting labelled 'footie idiot Raheem Sterling' in a caption for absolutely no apparant reason, adding words in to his statement to suggest hes used guns before...it's all a bit weird. I'm sure tomorrow the s*n journos and their tabloid counterparts will be all for improving the mental health of young footballers though, hypocrites.

I don't know about any of these articles as I don't read the newspapers they appeared in. The only reason I know about the tattoo is because it was mentioned on the tv in the build up to the WC. 

I wouldn't know if he is targeted by the tabloid press more than any other high profile English players. It seems to me that for a good few years now all of them live their lives in the full glare of the media.