History Board

KillieFC

Where Should the TIK History Board Go?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Where Should the TIK History Board Go?

• Outside the Park Suite
    • Other (Please Specify)

With the end of TIK Phase One nearing conclusion and Phase Two about to launch the Killie Trust have started the process of getting the History Board they promised in place. The design is in place and they have a good quote from Killie fan Gordon Duff's Centurion on a really excellent quality signage, it just needs the Club to agree on a location now.

For the Trust there is really only one option, the blank wall outside the Park Suite. It is constantly in view and between two stands and you can also see it from the Hotel....everyone can access it at any time, day or night...and they don't want it stuck away on a stair well somewhere or inside the stadium where only a few can see it.

There is a lot of signage in and around that area and it does look a wee bit cluttered, which is of concern to the club, but the Trust still feels that the History Board adds a wee bit of class and don't see that as a real problem. Spot lights are also an option being considered, but that could be done later, maybe throw in some lighting for the Wall of Fame as well.

As it stands there has been no decision made, but if the Board see that the fans are behind the idea then, as we've seen recently, they will probably respond in a positive manner and make it happen. So...what do you think?

sampleboard.png.710a1f46d30fe5a8a7334fb62560b7be.png

It would look great there. Not only a credit to the TiK contributors but a good advert for the football club and the second phase. The fans involved should quite rightly be proud of what they have achieved in the face of adversity, sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit, and hopefully having something concrete in place will let other fans know this is an ongoing thing and not just a flight of fancy.

7 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Would look good there, only concern is, as and when more people join, it looks like there's not much room to expand the board?

Also is there not a board already in place on wall infront of Moffat stand? Is that different? 

As it stands the History Board was only advertised for Phase One, everyone was told this was their chance to get on it and we even opened it up to others for £100 at Christmas. If a decision is made to add to the History Board at some point we would simply redesign it or change the type size to include more names and replace it. I highly doubt that will happen though. Not sure what board you are referring to in front of the Moffat Stand, nothing to do with the Trust I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, baz said:

As it stands the History Board was only advertised for Phase One, everyone was told this was their chance to get on it and we even opened it up to others for £100 at Christmas. If a decision is made to add to the History Board at some point we would simply redesign it or change the type size to include more names and replace it. I highly doubt that will happen though. Not sure what board you are referring to in front of the Moffat Stand, nothing to do with the Trust I'd imagine.

Ah ok get it now. And no idea must be imagining it. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The bricks on the wall? You could just buy them off the club.

Not sure if they still do them, I got one for my 21st and that wasn't yesterday!

No, got one of them already, Think for my 21st aswell tbf. Something said to me that the trust/someone suggested back of Moffat/East as the location for the TIK board originally? Like i said possibly talking out my arse