1st Defeat

MrTumnus

I watched the Huns game last night.

They are much more solid than last year and they'll win every high ball into the box so I hope we avoid that.

Jones will still have a field day if he's up against Tavenier or Halliday though. If Moaribor had anything up front they'd have scored a few last night but they were toothless and McGregor only had a few real saves despite all the pressure.

Huns are quick in attack, so need to be wary of that. I'd get Broadfoot to do all he can to wind up Morelos as he's a ticking timebomb.

Really looking forward to this. I thought Rangers looked solid and organised last night - which they haven't done in years. Big test. Worried about our attack against that defence. We say Jones will give Tavernier trouble every time and he so rarely does - hoping the home advantage will give him confidence. But I suspect Clarke will do something clever to get the better of Gerrard. 

6 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Really looking forward to this. I thought Rangers looked solid and organised last night - which they haven't done in years. Big test. Worried about our attack against that defence. We say Jones will give Tavernier trouble every time and he so rarely does - hoping the home advantage will give him confidence. But I suspect Clarke will do something clever to get the better of Gerrard. 

Agree Clarke's tactics, knowledge and experience hopefully will help where we may benefit is going to extra time as they have had a lot of games and travel over the last few weeks and tiredness could be a factor that we can exploit.....

23 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Jones tore the piss out Tavernier?!

30 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Jones absolute toasted Tavernier in two games last season!

The reality for all of us is that this is the hardest game we have faced so far this season and you cannot undermine their efforts so far in the respect of the opposition they have faced so far and whether we like to admit it or not that has been of a much much higher level than we have faced it will be a hard game for us troops!!

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Winnable game even if facing much tougher side  than last season

Feel we will need extra person in midfield area .. pity McKenzie injured..so would play Wilson at expense of Ndjoli and possibly for this game Brophy in for Burke

I’m not sure if this would be the best approach or if we should just get at them.

As always I would expect Clarke to have a solid first half and then look to expand in the second.

Agree that last night rangers looked more solid in defence and their keeper had a few excellent saves, however, IMO Jones will run riot and have a point to prove regarding his value/transfer value.

2-0 to Killie, Boyd and Jones.

After the game Gerrard moaning about the pitch, the ref, the weather, the penalty they missed and the three stone wall penalties they never got and how everyone is against the rangers.

Edited by Barneyboy
Additional content