Coulibally to Partick

GJA

My Al Ahly supporting pal is telling me there is conflicted reports in Egypt coming out about it.

One saying the move is fine by them as it allows him to start paying off the money he owes, others saying they had no idea the move was in the works, that they have not 'sanctioned' it and will be escalating it shortly.

Get the popcorn out

Edited by bute-killiefan

3 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

My Al Ahly supporting pal is telling me there is conflicted reports in Egypt coming out about it.

One saying the move is fine by them as it allows him to start paying off the money he owes, others saying they had no idea the move was in the works, that they have not 'sanctioned' it and will be escalating it shortly.

Get the popcorn out

It will take him a long, long, long time to pay off what he owes on the wages he will be getting from Thistle.

I wish him well, but I’m very very sceptical that he will feature for thistle at all. 

Aberdeen, St Mirren, Hibs (earlier in window) and Hearts were/are all crying out for a striker and there is a guy with his record sitting on a free transfer and not one make any move for him!?

Perhaps thistle have bitten off more than they can chew here. 

No sour grapes, wish him all the best, really do, but i can't see it working out and can totally understand if the Egyption mob are as awkward as sin. Imagine how we would feel if we bought a player for that kind of money then he walked out on uo 2 months later and we got nothing back? 

As for not having played much before coming to us, maybe not first time, but regular in reserve games down south, he literally has not played any competitve games for a year and half, that's a hell of a long time to be out the game