Alex salmond scandal

Fudger

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

https://sptnkne.ws/kzk7

Don't particularly like mr Sheridan who is a massive self publicistand largely a hypocrite, but here he hits the nail on the head.

Devoy have a read and be enlightened as to who is to blame here.  Instead of reading the express and listening to aunty, read this.written by someone who has less skin in the game than the above noted media outlets. 

I place as much credence on what I  see in the Express and the Mail as I do in the National.

Yeah the establishment gave Tommy a real kicking but they will have a much bigger job on their hands with Eck.

Don't think how gropy somebody is is going to make any difference to whether Scotland becomes independent but the SNP seem to have created several unnecessary open goals over how the have handled things.

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

the SNP seem to have created several unnecessary open goals over how the have handled things.

They’re only open goals if people are unable to comprehend the difference between the civil service and the SNP, when people talk about the Scottish government. 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

They’re only open goals if people are unable to comprehend the difference between the civil service and the SNP, when people talk about the Scottish government. 

OK, its a fair cop. I, clearly rather stupidly, though the SNP was the Scottish Government. Can you explain the difference?

I suspect a fair proportion of the population is going to struggle with this as Wee Nicola has never tried to clarify the difference at any time during the whole episode.

4 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

OK, its a fair cop. I, clearly rather stupidly, though the SNP was the Scottish Government. Can you explain the difference?

Not everyone who works for the Scottish Government will be an SNP politician. There will be hundreds of civil servants who will most definitely be unionists.

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I suspect a fair proportion of the population is going to struggle with this as Wee Nicola has never tried to clarify the difference at any time during the whole episode.

Easy, the civil service is a reserved matter and wholly under the control of Whitehall which is controlled by Westminster.

While the SNP is the party with the largest number of MSP’s in Holyrood and currently form the political part of the Scottish government.

so whole upu May state you hold no credence to the express or the mail, you make an awfy good job of regurgitating their SNP bad bollocks, as fact.

11 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

so whole upu May state you hold no credence to the express or the mail, you make an awfy good job of regurgitating their SNP bad bollocks, as fact.

Sometimes the SNP are bad and sometimes not. Putting the Salmond thing in the public domain was quite nasty and my guess would be that whoever did it has very much the SNP bad agenda you seem to want to stick on anybody who doesn't agree with you.

6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Sometimes the SNP are bad and sometimes not. Putting the Salmond thing in the public domain was quite nasty and my guess would be that whoever did it has very much the SNP bad agenda you seem to want to stick on anybody who doesn't agree with you.

Actually I don't but your BBC like posts recently simply paint you as such.  Your insistence that this shambles is somehow the SNP is beyond belief considering the evidence we've given you to show it's clearly the civil service and two members of that corps in particular who both have very clear links to the Tories and are paid by Whitehall.

According to the Herald on Sunday the polis have launched an investigation, centred on the SNP, into who leaked Salmondgate to the press. The clear message here is the whole thing is an internal war within the SNP. As opposed to an establishment smear campaign.

Unless you think the polis could be used for political gain. And that's never happened before. (for the avoidance of doubt that was sarcasm).

So the jury is still out for me on all this but I am tending the Beaker71 view as the establishment seem to be getting a bit desperate.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:03 PM, Beaker71 said:

It will go to his lawyers unfortunately.

I thought costs were awarded against the government which would, after his costs are "taxed", free up most of his crowdfunder for charity?

I don't know much about the case but saying that witnesses were coached doesn't mean that they were encouraged to lie. It can mean that they were simply prepped as to how they should answer certain questions.  

It may be the truth which they are being coached to state but it would still be considered coaching.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

According to the Herald on Sunday the polis have launched an investigation, centred on the SNP, into who leaked Salmondgate to the press. The clear message here is the whole thing is an internal war within the SNP. As opposed to an establishment smear campaign.

Unless you think the polis could be used for political gain. And that's never happened before. (for the avoidance of doubt that was sarcasm).

So the jury is still out for me on all this but I am tending the Beaker71 view as the establishment seem to be getting a bit desperate.

Oh dear oh dear, so a Tory owned rag alleges the police are investigating the source of a leak, and that makes the unionists reporting of an SNP civil war true.

This is a massive smear campaign aided and abetted by the unionist media, set up by two civil servants.  Christ almighty man event the judge has said the investigation was run with apparent bias and clear coaching and two complainants were approached and encouraged to come forward!!!!

It's the yoons and their media that are getting desperate to derail the independence movement so they can continue to pillage Scotland. 

Edited by Beaker71

10 hours ago, skygod said:

I  don't know much about the case but saying that witnesses were coached doesn't mean that they were encouraged to lie. It can mean that they were simply prepped as to how they should answer certain questions.  

There was "bias"within the investigation and witnesses were "coached".

You should perhaps learn more about the case before you post your own take on what's been decided by a judge this week!

• CB locked this topic