Standard of Scottish Referees

MarkD1989KTID

Ha, I laughed at many of these posts ... the pain, the despair, the bewilderment.  They'd drive ye up the wa'.  

They don't like fitba, they crave being in charge.  

Over the years I get less angry at them, and was only aff ma sait twice on Saturday.  I helps if ye jist laugh:  treat the baffling reality that wully, and his like, have made it to the top of their profession as one of life's unknowables- like is there a god, like what's in a black hole, or like is there actually a meaning to aw this?

His face at the sending aff though. He absolutely loved it, he couldnae, psychologically, stop himself.

If we could only just get it thegither to laugh, to gaffaw, in reaction to his howler's - 3,500 folk laughing at him? he woulnae like that, it would pit him aff.  He'd resign, take a holiday, and have a long hard look at himself.

From Referee recruitment at the SFA:

"Refereeing can be a highly rewarding challenge, encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle as well as significantly contributing to the development of the game."

Open to interpretation?

6 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Why are Killie fans watching a OF RIP Hate fest? I am at my fkn work or I would be out in the fresh air not watching that poison

We are watching it and hope there are sending offs players spitting at one another fans fighting in and around the stadium falling off top tier of stands neanderthals everyone of them. Welcome to the fun and laughter of the old firm. You couldn’t make it up. Also saves you money going to see a good horror flick

51 minutes ago, jesper said:

I watched Leicester v Liverpool yesterday too, and any other game that's on live that I can - does being a Killie fan mean you're not allowed to watch any other football?

Get a grip.

The other things you have cited are football matches not re-enactments of a 300 year old sectarian war

1 minute ago, david mcbeth said:

The other things you have cited are football matches not re-enactments of a 300 year old sectarian war

Each to their own. People can watch football for enjoyment - just like people can watch "war" films for enjoyment.

Sounds like you are just as bigoted as them tbf.

21 minutes ago, jesper said:

Each to their own. People can watch football for enjoyment - just like people can watch "war" films for enjoyment.

Sounds like you are just as bigoted as them tbf.

I don't like either of them, nor the "traditions" they stand for and I think they are a cancer on Scottish society. If holding that view makes me a bigot then fair do's. PS To be consistent I don't tend to watch war films but generally I do follow football just not them.

1 minute ago, david mcbeth said:

I don't like either of them, nor the "traditions" they stand for and I think they are a cancer on Scottish society. If holding that view makes me a bigot then fair do's. PS To be consistent I don't tend to watch war films but generally I do follow football just not them.

Me either, in honesty, and I tend to agree with your thoughts on them in terms of their impact on society - still like to watch the games though!

How amicable an end to the discussion this has been - Watford v Spurs next!

25 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Anyone seen the disallowed goal from the Partick v Morton game?

Absolutely shocking

14 minutes ago, RayD said:

Seen it on twitter, bizarre to say the least.
Happened before at Firhill, and of course to us up in Inverness

The linesman didn't think it crossed the line and gave a throw in after the defender 'cleared' the ball for a throw in.

Not as bad as the original where the defender caught the ball and threw it to the keeper...

7 minutes ago, Garvis said:

Can’t wait to see if MacGregor gets pulled up over the kick on Ajer disgrace if nothing happens. 

He should be punished but his team mate got his red card recinded for the same sort of thing, the sfa will choose not to see it. Rules for the old filth and rules for the rest of us.