Standard of Scottish Referees

MarkD1989KTID

Was watching Dicker's challenge again as I was happy with Clarke's statement and wanted to fathom how the panel could have not upheld the appeal - but have now done a U-turn and think, unbelievably, Collum may actually have got this one right. He's gone over the ball, leg straight with studs showing and flying in out of control on the half way line FFS - last time I saw a mad challenge like that was bloody Gregor Stevens!! Have another look at it, have tried to freeze a picture of the key part which I think resulted in the decision (sorry cannie get the picture to rotate). I'm as fed up with the standard of refereeing as everyone else but trying to be fair here. I couldn't give a toss what happened in the Old Firm game btw, don't know why we are even discussing it!

Photo1.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ken T said:

Was watching Dicker's challenge again as I was happy with Clarke's statement and wanted to fathom how the panel could have not upheld the appeal - but have now done a U-turn and think, unbelievably, Collum may actually have got this one right.

I don't think Dicker is as totally out of control as that screen grab suggests. However IMO it was a dangerous challenge which the Jambo on the end of it made an absolute meal of rolling about and play acting. I think a yellow card would have been appropriate, however he gave Colum a decision to make and the SFA decided to back their man.

In contrast the airborne Jambo on Saturday did not leave the ref with any leeway. That was a straight red no question but the ref there bottled it completely.

Also the SFA have lost any credibility not giving MacGregor a retrospective red from Sunday and this is going to end with somebody getting seriously hurt.

So the decision to retroactively punish McGregor requires a unanimous vote. That, I can understand.

So we are to surmise that at least one independent, previous Grade 1 official, with total impartiality (stay with me here) decided that kicking an opponent off the ball, with the intent of harm, is not a punishable offence in a game of football.

That. Is. Mind-blowing.

I would actually like Celtic/Ajer to pursue criminal charges. It's assault. Especially if the incident hasn't been dealt with within the framework it was supposed to.

51 minutes ago, Ken T said:

Was watching Dicker's challenge again as I was happy with Clarke's statement and wanted to fathom how the panel could have not upheld the appeal - but have now done a U-turn and think, unbelievably, Collum may actually have got this one right. He's gone over the ball, leg straight with studs showing and flying in out of control on the half way line FFS - last time I saw a mad challenge like that was bloody Gregor Stevens!! Have another look at it, have tried to freeze a picture of the key part which I think resulted in the decision (sorry cannie get the picture to rotate). I'm as fed up with the standard of refereeing as everyone else but trying to be fair here. I couldn't give a toss what happened in the Old Firm game btw, don't know why we are even discussing it!

Photo1.jpg

Do you think that still actually paints the picture of what happened? From what you've said you've described an entirely different challenge from that actually happened, he's not studs up even in that still, we've all seen Dicker slide past the man not at any great pace then Morrison throw himself on top of Dicker.

1 hour ago, Ken T said:

Photo1.jpg

Nonsense.

A freeze frame doesn't give you any perception of the tackle. Watch it real time and tell me that's a sending off? Never in a million years.

Just now, david mcbeth said:

You’d laugh if you weren’t crying but anyway who cares - 40+ clubs are just diddies who are only there to make up the numbers. The diddy 40 should tell the SFA and SPFL to ram it and see how they get on with their two team league 

I would f**king love it if somehow this would happen one day.

1 hour ago, Ken T said:

Photo1.jpg

Pish he went in hard from the side and rolled up over the ball then making slight contact with the diving shoot from hearts, who rolled about holding just below his KNEE!

The hearts player also has his studs upward and is coming over the ball in your photo!

now kindly also explain how collum saw this view from 15yards away and from the opposite direction!  Collum has gone 100% on the hearts players reaction without any thought whatsoever.

ducking awful decision, made worse by the useless and spineless beaks and their supposedly independent panel of hidden experts.  For all we know the panel would’ve been Ann Budge, Ian McCall and Derek Mcinnes!

3 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

You’d laugh if you weren’t crying but anyway who cares - 40+ clubs are just diddies who are only there to make up the numbers. The diddy 40 should tell the SFA and SPFL to ram it and see how they get on with their two team league 

The SFA would absolutely love that....so would 90% of the media who only report about and care about Sevco reborn and their ugly bigoted sister. They would give anything for a two team league with the rest forgotten about and left to rot. 

However i believe fear is setting in within the blazers that 10 in a row will spark riots across the country. SFA are petrified of this and I think will spend the next 3 years trying to stop it. 

3 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

The SFA would absolutely love that....so would 90% of the media who only report about and care about Sevco reborn and their ugly bigoted sister. They would give anything for a two team league with the rest forgotten about and left to rot. 

However i believe fear is setting in within the blazers that 10 in a row will spark riots across the country. SFA are petrified of this and I think will spend the next 3 years trying to stop it. 

Genuinely interested in your "riots" comment above.Do you really think there will be riots if Celtic achieve 10 in a row?

5 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

Genuinely interested in your "riots" comment above.Do you really think there will be riots if Celtic achieve 10 in a row?

I genuinely don't know, probably exaggerating but speaking to a lot of supporters from both sides achieving or preventing it is be coming their sole focus and their be all and end all. Imagine it happened at Ibrox or celtic park?

It’s been highlighted big time the standard. Delighted with how we didn’t back down and took them on in the press. It all balanced itself out as Aberdeen man getting sent off essentially cancelled out Dickers injustice straight away. 

How Rangers can criticise refs is hilarious. McGregor gets away with murder every week, morelos kicks a guy and is rescinded. 

Panel should be scrapped or they should explain publically their decision.

Quite frankly I think the other 40 clubs should indeed get together and actually kick the two bigot brother out of the league.  Let them take their begging bowl to England or whichever TV channel wants to show the hate fest.

personally I think the novelty will wear off quickly and they’d come grovelling back quietly and under the radar very quickly.  Especially when they can’t play ok a European competition.

its well Overdue that the dog started wagging the tail and not the other way around! 

24 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

I genuinely don't know, probably exaggerating but speaking to a lot of supporters from both sides achieving or preventing it is be coming their sole focus and their be all and end all. Imagine it happened at Ibrox or celtic park?

Yeah I suppose if things go on as they are for 3 years and Celtic continue to win their will be a huge amount of bitterness and hate especially from the rangers side. Probably the greatest trouble will be in the pubs as is usually the case. 

The only thing you can say about wee wullie missing McGregor's foul on ajer is that at least he is consistent after all he also missed the hearts goalies shove on Chris Burke in our game and as has been said if he had reacted to any of the two incidents he would have had to make sending offs or penalty decisions!

30 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Be interested to hear other people's opinions on this...

when Rangers went to the wall in 2012 they told us there would be civil disorder if Sevco were not allowed to take their place in the top league...it didn't happen...turnbull hutton described the governing body of that time as "corrupt"...no action was ever taken against him as they new he was absolutely correct...now we are told that IF a certain club, legitimately win ten in a row there will be riots...why?

11 minutes ago, Bbk said:

The only thing you can say about wee wullie missing McGregor's foul on ajer is that at least he is consistent after all he also missed the hearts goalies shove on Chris Burke in our game and as has been said if he had reacted to any of the two incidents he would have had to make sending offs or penalty decisions!

He didn’t miss anything he chose not to react. 

He's seen the whole incident with Burke and the goalie. it’s not a penalty. It’s a free kick to Hearts for Burke’s antics with a yellow IMO and probably a sending off for the keeper for raising his hand to an opponent. He chose to ignore everything but did speak to both players.

Again on Sunday he chose not to react. At the time I felt Ajer fouled the keeper going into his back. That is a matter of opinion. When that is by it’s an obvious red card for McGregor and as a result a penalty. He’s clearly staring at it. 

1 hour ago, Graeme S said:

Yeah I suppose if things go on as they are for 3 years and Celtic continue to win their will be a huge amount of bitterness and hate especially from the rangers side. Probably the greatest trouble will be in the pubs as is usually the case. 

The biggest trouble will be behind closed doors. Domestic abuse soars following these games and I'd wager a huge amount more occurs that isn't reported.

@Ken T I could take a still shot of the cross in the World Cup final that lead to the penalty and it can look conclusively like a penalty... but it wasn’t.

Dickers leg is only raised as his foot actually rolls over the top of the ball, that’s  it.

The fact every fan and pundit on TV and radio keep referring to it indicates that professional people thought it was soft. We can also highlight the Hearts player against St. Mirren who escaped with a yellow card for a tackle that was at shin height to see the consistencies in Scotland. It’s an utter shambles. 

Edited by Bullitt