Moffat Stand

Fudger

We had a discussion on Saturday on whether we should have opened the Moffat stand this year or not, the two main arguments for an against were;

For - Good for the players to shoot towards our fans and having us at least occupy three stands in our own stadium. Allows fans a behind the goal view if they want it. 

Against - A scattering of fans in there, get them in the east and have two stands more than half full and improve the atmosphere as the fans are all closer together. 

Personally I think we should put the Moffat supporters up in the east and main stands and fill the Moffat with flags/sponsorship stuff to make it look less empty. I do see both points of view as valid but for me I'd close it.  

25 minutes ago, piffer said:

Keep it open and give the community department scope to fill it as much as possible every week. 

this --- the club have started to try things behind the moffat pre game and hope there is more to come --- plus giving out free tickets etc to youth clubs / schools as the season goes on 

only downside is fact ST holders for this stand do not get the OF games which is not ideal -- least the club should do is offer discounted tickets for those Moffat ST holders who may want to go to the OF home games 

Fair points, I do like the idea of the community engagement in that stand and where possible we should be getting schools and clubs in there for matches. Even if we capture four or five lifetime supporters from larger groups then it is a worthwhile investment/exercise. 

Better seeing fans back in the stand.  Would've preferred if they closed one of the tiers then it would squeeze the fans together to make it look fuller and a better atmosphere. 

A lot of folk on family tickets were a bit spoiled last season in the East as they paid less than the equivalent pair of adult and child tickets but basically were able to sit anywhere in East getting same view as higher paying folk. 

The family ticket holders should be given a deal for Old firm games though. 

1 hour ago, CB said:

For purely selfish reasons, I like it to be open. Because that meansthe tea bar is open, and folk in the disabled section don't need to hike up the FB to get a pie etc.

That's not selfish reasons at all. Our disabled facilities arent great so if ut improves them even slightly then good. Also must be s**te being alienated from the rest of the support so kinda bings these folk back into the crowd somewhat. 

We should put the smart seat covers that Motherwell have purchased, with professional logos and adverts on them, and group the fans together for  more atmosphere. It looks like a dogs breakfast just now. We seem to be spending our resources on the elite/corporate fans at present. The numbers are poor, given the value. I somehow think it hasn't registered with the public how cheap it is as anyone I quote it to seems impressed. I would give it a good go this year, but if the public don't respond, we'd be as well moving back into the a East and thinking again about the whole situation. Truth is we'll never need a stadium of more than 12000. 

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

We should put the smart seat covers that Motherwell have purchased, with professional logos and adverts on them, and group the fans together for  more atmosphere. It looks like a dogs breakfast just now. We seem to be spending our resources on the elite/corporate fans at present. The numbers are poor, given the value. I somehow think it hasn't registered with the public how cheap it is as anyone I quote it to seems impressed. I would give it a good go this year, but if the public don't respond, we'd be as well moving back into the a East and thinking again about the whole situation. Truth is we'll never need a stadium of more than 12000. 

You think £135 for 1 course  and 2 hours drink is cheap?

The Moffat should 100% be the family stand, can't believe folk are giving up on the idea after a few games.

Strangely it the same folk that are moaning about crowds but would happily chuck in the towel rather than try and fill the Moffat.

It's 100% better shooting into a stand with 700 or so Killie fans in it (hopefully more in future) than an empty stand with daft covers on it.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Motherwell are a club similar position to us. On an upward curve probably slightly smaller than us. Their marketing team and media team is the best in the country, they have excellent graphics and interactive features. They are also run very well by Alan Burrows. I think our media team has come on excellently but I think our marketing could be a lot better, the prices of the hospitality have to be more reasonable to fill them. The new lounges all look impressive but if their is nobody in them then what is the point. 

Moffat open is a great idea in my opinion . Kids seem to love the football pitch and the pre match entertainment. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You think £135 for 1 course  and 2 hours drink is cheap?

The Moffat should 100% be the family stand, can't believe folk are giving up on the idea after a few games.

Strangely it the same folk that are moaning about crowds but would happily chuck in the towel rather than try and fill the Moffat.

It's 100% better shooting into a stand with 700 or so Killie fans in it (hopefully more in future) than an empty stand with daft covers on it.

Don't think he is saying hospitality is cheap, I read it as the Moffat is cheap.

I like the Moffat being opened, however I agree that we should try keep most fans in the one area. Look at Serie A sides and the flags that they have, I would rather have Stevie Clarke banners and suchlike rather than advertising.That would fill the gaps at both sides and look pretty decent.

36 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

We have some. Purchased for the 'halo' that's supposed to surround the wheelchair dugout bit at the front of the Moffat. Needless to say, they were removed during the visit of rangers, and their fans were allowed to sit in the 'halo'