Greg Stewart

killie1968

Which position do we see Greg Stewart playing? He can play either Left or Right wing, as well as through the middle.

Burke's had a great start to the season on the right hand side.
When he's in the mood, JJ is always dangerous on the left. Wasn't up to much through the middle first half against Hearts. Or is he already destined for another club?
Boydy has had a slow start, but lack of creativity from midfield hasn't helped.
Brophy remains very direct and has looked a threat whenever he's played.

Presumably Greg Stewart is going to displace one of these guys, but who?

17 minutes ago, MorkenTheMonk said:

Which position do we see Greg Stewart playing? He can play either Left or Right wing, as well as through the middle.

Burke's had a great start to the season on the right hand side.
When he's in the mood, JJ is always dangerous on the left. Wasn't up to much through the middle first half against Hearts. Or is he already destined for another club?
Boydy has had a slow start, but lack of creativity from midfield hasn't helped.
Brophy remains very direct and has looked a threat whenever he's played.

Presumably Greg Stewart is going to displace one of these guys, but who?

Boydy ?

I hate to say it but I've felt that we are more threatening as a team when he has been subbed. Really appreciate his contribution over his various spells and all his goals/assists, and think he still has a part to play but maybe not as big a part as in the past ?

Edited by the big ring

11 minutes ago, MarkD1989KTID said:

Haha, I'll stop wetting the bed when and only when we sign a creative midfielder (P.S i don't see Tshibola as that creative midfielder he's very similar albeit I believe better than Dicker and Power).

Spot on. Some of us want to push on and progress. Others are content to be fed whatever is given to them.

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Spot on. Some of us want to push on and progress. Others are content to be fed whatever is given to them.

There is a big difference between wanting to push on and progress and absolutly losing your s**t before the transfer window has closed and the manager has stated weeks ago it will be late on before business is done. If we dont have the personnel in by the end of the week or maybe into next week then ill worry a little. 

25 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Some of us live in the real world.

Others will moan regardless who we sign (you)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing him making his debut on Saturday. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

18 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

There is a big difference between wanting to push on and progress and absolutly losing your s**t before the transfer window has closed and the manager has stated weeks ago it will be late on before business is done. If we dont have the personnel in by the end of the week or maybe into next week then ill worry a little. 

No matter who we sign, even if we sign another 3 or 4 Stewart calibre of players, McLean will 100% moan.

It's just the way he's programmed.

4 minutes ago, baz said:

Or some of us have patience and faith in the manager?

The word I would use is frustration. I don't doubt the manager but he needs the tools to work with and the three signings mentioned are going to take some time to reach match fitness. We have known for some time that Mulumbu wasn't coming back but we started the season light in midfield, lighter still if Dicker is suspended, with games against Aberdeen,Hibs, and Celtic coming up. It was nearly impossible to replace Mulumbu with a similar talent but I honestly thought that with the English transfer window closing early the Tshibola signing would have been concluded before now.

2 hours ago, skygod said:

He and five other senior players were told at the of last season that he had no future and to find another club. 

He says himself he’s been training with the youths for the past six weeks. 

They may have been hoping that another English club would pay a fee for him (or contribute to his wages in a loan deal). When that didn't transpire, they allowed him to move on loan to Killie.