Greg Stewart

killie1968

4 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

It's all very well folk saying we need a creative midfielder. I know this and all of you know this, but more importantly, SSC knows this. The reasons we haven't signed one must be that: they aren't available, we can't afford them, they don't want to play for us or they're not good enough for SSC.

If and when we find one that fits the bill, I've no doubt we'll sign him.

The voice of reason. 

You won't last long on here with that logicxD

8 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

It's all very well folk saying we need a creative midfielder. I know this and all of you know this, but more importantly, SSC knows this. The reasons we haven't signed one must be that: they aren't available, we can't afford them, they don't want to play for us or they're not good enough for SSC.

That's what most grown ups think.

Then you've McLean who calls that lacking ambition.

6 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

The same will likely apply to the potential Muirhead and Tishbola deals. 

Without doubt.

Longer you leave it, the closer to the window it gets, the less bargaining power the parent club has and the bigger chance of getting a good deal.

Not ideal as the season has started but 100% correct way fro us to operate.

That's why I can't understand the impatience from certain fans. If by signing these guys 3 games into the season means we get a better calibre of player then happy days.

As others have mentioned, the likes of Dundee have signed plenty more of than us a lot earlier in the window. Just a shame of them they're all s**te!

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Without doubt.

Longer you leave it, the closer to the window it gets, the less bargaining power the parent club has and the bigger chance of getting a good deal.

That's why I can't understand the impatience from certain fans. If by signing these guys 3 games into the season means we get a better calibre of player then happy days.

As others have mentioned, the likes of Dundee have signed plenty more of than us a lot earlier in the window. Just a shame of them they're all s**te!

The Dees fans are not happy on P&B that we managed to get GS ahead of them as McCann appears to have no budget left to compete for a signing of his quality.....So its no bad thing to hold off to near the window closing.

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

This. Well put. 

I dont see why we couldn't play Stewart or Burke through the middle as an attack minded mid both good passers, experienced enough and both can finish. Play either one of them ahead of two sitting in - dicker, power, wilson etc. Thought this vs Hearts actually Burke lacks pace to go byline so why not play centrally.

4 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Absolutely astounded that the one player who’s been a standout for us in all games this season is the one folk want dropped. 

I must be watching a different game from many as Burke can not be the one to make way for any new signing. 

Totally agree Burke has been grand so far just a shame he is not 10 years younger

7 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

I dont see why we couldn't play Stewart or Burke through the middle as an attack minded mid both good passers, experienced enough and both can finish. Play either one of them ahead of two sitting in - dicker, power, wilson etc. Thought this vs Hearts actually Burke lacks pace to go byline so why not play centrally.

Actually not a bad shout going back to the 433 and playing Burke as creative man in the middle with Power and Dicker/Tish doing the dirty work.

9 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Absolutely astounded that the one player who’s been a standout for us in all games this season is the one folk want dropped. 

I must be watching a different game from many as Burke can not be the one to make way for any new signing. 

Not many have said he’s not been our best player or one of them at least. I don’t think there’s anything against him or his performances. 

From my point of view he’s played well but I think the team was better suited to last seasons 4-3-3. To go back to that at first glance it’s him or JJ who drop out for the extra midfielder. Or we move him to CM or second striker role he’s not overly familiar with. 

19 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Actually not a bad shout going back to the 433 and playing Burke as creative man in the middle with Power and Dicker/Tish doing the dirty work.

It would make sense to me, i think JJ was playing centrally off boyd on saturday and he couldnt get into the game, Burke is less explosive and more calculated so would suit him at this stage of hid career could then have Stewart on the right cutting in on his left foot.

46 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Without doubt.

Don't think it's a shame not keen on Dundee. One up from Hamilton which is where I hope they finish!

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not ideal as the season has started but 100% correct way for us to operate.

That's why I can't understand the impatience from certain fans.

I agree it is the best way for a club like us to operate but I can understand the frustration.

The League Cup is gone (Some may say who cares but it is one of or few chances of winning something).

We are 3 games into the league, it may take another month for the new signings to reach full match sharpness.

So I can understand the frustration, but it is the best way for us to operate. Sometimes life is just not as ideal as you would like it to be. 

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

The word I would use is frustration. I don't doubt the manager but he needs the tools to work with and the three signings mentioned are going to take some time to reach match fitness. We have known for some time that Mulumbu wasn't coming back but we started the season light in midfield, lighter still if Dicker is suspended, with games against Aberdeen,Hibs, and Celtic coming up. It was nearly impossible to replace Mulumbu with a similar talent but I honestly thought that with the English transfer window closing early the Tshibola signing would have been concluded before now.

I understand your frustration at Tshibola not being signed up by now. However, it needs to be appreciated that Aston Villa have £5m invested in him excluding wages over the years since he signed. They would want to sell him for a fee or at worst loan him for a big slice of his wages. So a deal with Killie would not be done until nearer the close of the window when we would be probably be the best option financially at that time for Villa.

Good signing by SC thankfully he waited and has decided to bring in a Scottish player who has had first hand knowledge of playing in this league rather than bringing another English based player who doesn't.I also agree that mulumbu was an outstanding exception last season but if you remember what SC told us at the time we should enjoy him when we had him and I for one have total trust in SC's judgement!

9 minutes ago, zinger said:

I think Greg was one of two Dundee players who totally destroyed us in our first game of the season at RP a couple of seasons ago.  Can't remember who the other was but if he can perform as he did on that day this will prove to be a great move .

Kane Hemmings ?