Mulumbu to Celtic

6 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

“Lead race” suggests a whole crowd of clubs chasing him.... presumably this will wind up the chappie on here who gets riled by the use of “ace” for players who have barely played for their team!

On the other hand, maybe there are loads of clubs chasing him, but we just didn’t hear about them.....

If the daily rec reports it , Swansea will "swoop" to sign him. Just how they do that I don't know. Maybe they sit on a roof somewhere with pen and paper handy.

There was next to no chance in us re-signing Mulumbu. His performances last year proved he's able to cut it at a higher level. Similar to Eremenko who got his move to Kazan. Plus the guy is 31 and this is his last real chance to get a big contract. Would've preferred him to go to england if not us but you can't grudge him a payday. Glad it isn't sevco tho.

Tshibola only played 14 games last season and many from the bench. Hopefully he can kick on and fill the mulumbu gap.

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

There was next to no chance in us re-signing Mulumbu. His performances last year proved he's able to cut it at a higher level. Similar to Eremenko who got his move to Kazan. Plus the guy is 31 and this is his last real chance to get a big contract. Would've preferred him to go to england if not us but you can't grudge him a payday. Glad it isn't sevco tho.

Tshibola only played 14 games last season and many from the bench. Hopefully he can kick on and fill the mulumbu gap.

Agreed. Good move for Mulumbu. He's definitely good enough to force his way into that team, especially in European games where Celtic don't expect to have the lions share of possession. Of course i'd rather see him leave the league, but better Celtic than a team we could potentially challenge for a league position i.e. Hibs.

As fickle as it is I will not remember him as fondly now that he has gone to Celtic. Not even going to wish him the best of luck. I suppose this was the move he was probably after all along (unless an unlikely route back to the premiership had opened up for him).