Salmond

DrewWylie

6 hours ago, RAG said:

The scenes now set for one IMO once Westminster returns.

No chance.

The Brexit proposals have to be presented to Brussels around October in order for the member states to consider them and consult in time for a March exit.

There is the party conference season in September and I don't imagine any party is on an election footing with manifestos and candidates in place.

I don't expect that any party - SNP aside - would relish putting together a manifesto on Brexit which it could present to the electorate with any confidence.

Tories have a wafer thin majority @skygod and a radical Brexit agenda, plus a difficult few months ahead given October negotiation deadline, going on the near resignations from the chequers plan.  

Remember if they run out of negotiation time by March, it's a no deal.  Given Labours unpopularity after the banking crisis (2.4% hit to GDP), the possible 10% hit to GDP will make the Brexit Tories seen as economy wreckers.  I could see votes of no confidence over the Brexit deal (or lack of it) at WM.  Was nearly one over the Chequers Plan.  If the Brexit Tories are smart, they'll get an election in before end of March and before the **** really hits the fan!

Edited by RAG

15 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I see the comments on Salmonds crowd founder full of victim blaming. Very revealing of what some of us knew already about the progressiveness of a section of the SNP. On a separate note, Mr Salmond is estimated to have an income 350k per annum. 

And how much did tonee  make off the back of killing innocent people on bob aides of the or a war?

Geez f**king peace with your SNP bad s**te.   Alex Salmond is a private citizen who is entitled to crowdfund for whatever he f**king chooses..

Where was your condemnation of a certain Lib Dem MP when he actually faced charges of lying and near defamation of the first minister for pure political gain and affecting the result of an election?????

Just the same SNP bad pish, you should stop trying to say your a Scot and just admit your a bitter bitter British nationalist. Union at all costs.

41 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

And how much did tonee  make off the back of killing innocent people on bob aides of the or a war?

Geez f**king peace with your SNP bad s**te.   Alex Salmond is a private citizen who is entitled to crowdfund for whatever he f**king chooses..

Where was your condemnation of a certain Lib Dem MP when he actually faced charges of lying and near defamation of the first minister for pure political gain and affecting the result of an election?????

Just the same SNP bad pish, you should stop trying to say your a Scot and just admit your a bitter bitter British nationalist. Union at all costs.

Some Nats showing their true colours. Just as it would be in an independent Scotland. It would swing to nativism and the right like Denmark is just now. Salmond using his power to demonstrate to women to keep their mouths shut. You can spin it all you like, thousands of your supporters having a lightbulb moment. Indy drifts further away every day.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Some Nats showing their true colours. Just as it would be in an independent Scotland. It would swing to nativism and the right like Denmark is just now.

Apples and pears mate. There's no history of the sort of right wing politics you've always had in Northern Europe in Scotland.  People in this country were anti catholic but never fascists like in Denmark.  You'd probably like Scotland to have that sort of right wing tradition, but we're more sectarian in our flashpoints of intolerance in society.

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Some Nats showing their true colours. Just as it would be in an independent Scotland. It would swing to nativism and the right like Denmark is just now. 

Now I know you talk complete & utter s**te when you make statements like this. You want to cling on to England's coat strings which is lurching more to the right everyday. There is absolutely no chance of Scotland being right wing after independence. The majority of left leaning SNP & Labour supporters will combine to make sure of this.  Can you still not see that it was the English Labour Party leaning to the right under Blair & Brown & leaving working class people behind that brought about the the increase in SNP support. Away & make something else up.  

16 hours ago, harley said:

Now I know you talk complete & utter s**te when you make statements like this. You want to cling on to England's coat strings which is lurching more to the right everyday. There is absolutely no chance of Scotland being right wing after independence. The majority of left leaning SNP & Labour supporters will combine to make sure of this.  Can you still not see that it was the English Labour Party leaning to the right under Blair & Brown & leaving working class people behind that brought about the the increase in SNP support. Away & make something else up.  

Blair and Brown reduced child and pensioner poverty to record lows (now increasing every year) and made massive differences to lower paid families through child and working tax credits. I saw it with my own eyes dealing with families financial affairs. It may not be glamorous but unlike the Nats, they achieved practical differences in people's lives. So it's complete and utter ***** from you, which I note is the Nat default language when they get rattled. The Nats have done nothing for the working class, but bags of stuff for the middle class, you're just to (wilfully) blind to see that. In man ways man earning 350k and asking others to make sure his sumptuous lifestyle is not affected by his legal proceedings sums their whole policy approach up. 

41 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

image.png.f9ca8d09ca16c6ce999d40968da424ab.png

The crowd funding thing really was a "low rent" move by Wee Eck. While I am not a committed supporter of the SNP I have voted for them at several times in the past and they may provide the only lifeboat from a Brexit holed sinking UK. So I hope their image does not get smeared too badly in The Emperor's attempts to distance himself from this. 

Actually I hope his attempts to conflate Scottish independence with his own personal conduct comes back to bite him up the bum. 

48 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Blair and Brown reduced child and pensioner poverty to record lows (now increasing every year) and made massive differences to lower paid families through child and working tax credits. I saw it with my own eyes dealing with families financial affairs. It may not be glamorous but unlike the Nats, they achieved practical differences in people's lives. So it's complete and utter sh1te from you, which I note is the Nat default language when they get rattled. The Nats have done nothing for the working class, but bags of stuff for the middle class, you're just to (wilfully) blind to see that. In man ways man earning 350k and asking others to make sure his sumptuous lifestyle is not affected by his legal proceedings sums their whole policy approach up. 

Despite your laudable attempts to paint the Blair's Nu Labour party as having a sense of social care the electorate of Scotland just were not buying it. After years of loyal support their patience with the party that privatised the rail network and introduced university fees for students finally ran out. While I am willing to accept Gordon Brown had a more left leaning agenda and that tax credit idea was one of the more socially aware things the Labour party did, it took the Tories almost no time at all to disassemble the system and put the low paid right back where the Tories want them. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

The crowd funding thing really was a "low rent" move by Wee Eck. While I am not a committed supporter of the SNP I have voted for them at several times in the past and they may provide the only lifeboat from a Brexit holed sinking UK. So I hope their image does not get smeared too badly in The Emperor's attempts to distance himself from this. 

Actually I hope his attempts to conflate Scottish independence with his own personal conduct comes back to bite him up the bum. 

agreed, the crowd funding is abhorrent for a man in his position.  

9 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

agreed, the crowd funding is abhorrent for a man in his position.  

No what is abhorrent is he lack if press reporting on the Proven dark money influence in the Tory party election campaigns, but the s**tstorm created over Alledged misconduct.

But then one is pro elite and the other wants the union dissolved.

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

No what is abhorrent is he lack if press reporting on the Proven dark money influence in the Tory party election campaigns, but the s**tstorm created over Alledged misconduct.

maybe you should read the subject before posting?

this is to do with salmond crowdfunding to pay his legal bills to fight a sexual assault case. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Blair and Brown reduced child and pensioner poverty to record lows (now increasing every year) and made massive differences to lower paid families through child and working tax credits. I saw it with my own eyes dealing with families financial affairs. 

Not this again, talk about a broken record. Hand-outs, yes welcome to desperate people but mere peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Tell us about Labour's industrial strategy to bring good paying jobs back to this area and Scotland or the UK as a whole, to help build sustainable local economies so that families could look after themselves, that's what governments are supposed to do... not hand-outs to keep people just above the breadline!

Tell us about renationalising essential services like railways and energy supplies instead of selling them to foreign governments. Tell us about the invasion and occupation of Iraq or the privatisation of public services and the NHS. Brown as Chancellor signed the cheques for PFI, then as Prime Minister sold OUR gold and bailed out the banks with OUR money without making a single arrest.

Labour under Blair n Brown didn't try and undo years of Tory destruction, they built on it and lost their soul, selling it off to the highest bidders... and which they still continue to do afterwards.

The Blair n Brown era almost destroyed the Labour Party too ...and Scotland will never forget!

13 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

There is more than guys in white hats and guys in black hats here.

I keep on asking, "Why is there no serious focus on where the original criminal leak came from?"

4 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Labour under Blair n Brown didn't try and undo years of Tory destruction, they built on it and lost their soul, selling it off to the highest bidders... and which they still continue to do afterwards.

And that is why the SNP rose to power in god's Own County.

Not because of miss-direction and obfuscation by Emperor Eck and chums.

36 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

maybe you should read the subject before posting?

this is to do with salmond crowdfunding to pay his legal bills to fight a sexual assault case. 

Oh dear, unionist in “no look where we tell you” and not where you should comment.

both are wrong a s**tstorm created to attack a supposedly innocent until proven guilty member of the public.  And the wilful refusal to condemn dark money used by unionist party in their election campaign which is proven and illegal!

whether you think crowdfunding to pay legal costs for a Jusicial review over the process viewed as unfair and NOT any criminal case which is yet to be decided despite the police having details for some months, or not is irrelevant.

dis you find Carmichael’s use of crowdfunding to fight and actual case of breach of election rules and blatant lying during the last GE abhorrent?  Please remember although the election commission couldn’t punish him under their rules he was found 100% guilty of lying for political gain and peddling falsehoods against both the first minister and Scotland’s government.  He was a lucky man that NS who was a good lawyer didn’t do him for defamation, but then that would’ve been bitter and nasty which no matter how many times mcClown says it, is quite obviously untrue.

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Blair and Brown reduced child and pensioner poverty to record lows (now increasing every year) and made massive differences to lower paid families through child and working tax credits. I saw it with my own eyes dealing with families financial affairs. It may not be glamorous but unlike the Nats, they achieved practical differences in people's lives. So it's complete and utter ***** from you, which I note is the Nat default language when they get rattled. The Nats have done nothing for the working class, but bags of stuff for the middle class, you're just to (wilfully) blind to see that. In man ways man earning 350k and asking others to make sure his sumptuous lifestyle is not affected by his legal proceedings sums their whole policy approach up. 

So explain it to me why did the working class abandon the Labour Party in the last few elections if everything was fine for them. Millions stuck in low pay or zero hours jobs, s**t housing (Labour social housing builds were virtually zero), private landlords. (Jack Straw's got about 6 houses all funded by Westminster benefits. etc,etc. 

Edited by harley

51 minutes ago, harley said:

So explain it to me why did the working class abandon the Labour Party in the last few elections if everything was fine for them. Millions stuck in low pay or zero hours jobs, s**t housing (Labour social housing builds were virtually zero), private landlords. (Jack Straw's got about 6 houses all funded by Westminster benefits. etc,etc. 

Tell me what the SNP have done in precise terms in any of the above. I'll ask your mate scooter as well. Tell me EXACTLY how you would go about creating high paid jobs in Ayrshire. Tell me about these wonderful powers you must possess. Politics is much harder than waving some flags. I await your answers in all of the above with interest.

17 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Tell me what the SNP have done in precise terms in any of the above. I'll ask your mate scooter as well. Tell me EXACTLY how you would go about creating high paid jobs in Ayrshire. Tell me about these wonderful powers you must possess. Politics is much harder than waving some flags. I await your answers in all of the above with interest.

Whataboutery! Deflection! We're still awating your answers chum..  and Labour's.

"New" Labour had the keys to the kingdom to do some real good, 13 years in which to undo the Tory mess... and blew it big style!!

Now give the people here the keys and we'll show you.

Latest Indy poll makes interesting reading btw :)

Edited by Scooter