Jordan Jones

skygod

Leaving aside the contract, transfer issues.

Some of the the criticisms of JJ performances this season are partly justified .....but a lot of it has been way OTT , IMO......

He has not yet reached consistently the form seen last season but says a lot that he had been constantly picked by one of the best Managers we have seen at RP.... Hopefully he can come through this sticky patch and be a vital part in our season..

Edited by Scouser2

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Why does no one moan at KB and KB for their love of Rangers. Plus a few namely Dom Thomas for their love of Selic??

Thomas was getting a bit on a Mulumbu thread last week for some of his tweets. Lyrics from “the Rebs” amongst other things.

Boyd has had ping constantly about his Rangers stuff.

In fairness I can’t recall Broadfoot saying too much. 

57 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I think the reason JJ probably gets a harder time from the support is because he's blatantly running his contract down leaving us with no financial boost for resurrecting his career whilst playing like dug s**t in all but 45 minutes against St. Johnstone.

I'm sure if he signed a three year deal and had liked pictures on Twitter no one would have batted an eyelid.

I'd have to agree with your there mate. He's been poor recently. Players can have bad games but he doesn't appear to be making the effort. Defensively he's worse than a man down. Pretty poor when Chris Burke who is 10 years older has been our best wide man.

We currently have a management team that has probably never been matched for ability to change games, win from behind and have us playing fantastic football, but still we have people making repetitive comments about one of our first picks and how he should be dropped, rested, or whatever, maybe we need another Q&A session with SC and AD so they know they are getting it wrong. Please don’t say it’s just opinions, because people are stating that it is obvious he needs dropped, not to those that make the decisions TF

10 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

Yet he's still getting a game. Baffling!!

While he’s not in great form the fact that opposition teams are doubling up on him creates more room for our other attacking players, not sure our other options on his position would get the same attention. Given how astute SSC is I’d expect he’s happy using that to his advantage even if JJ doesn’t quite perform as well.

2 hours ago, MrTumnus said:

Yet he's still getting a game. Baffling!!

It’ll be interesting to see how long that lasts with the options we have. Stewart and Bright appear to be another injection of pace into the group. For many his speed justified a start for JJ purely as an out ball. If others offer that then he needs to bring more to the party.

20 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I think the reason JJ probably gets a harder time from the support is because he's blatantly running his contract down leaving us with no financial boost for resurrecting his career whilst playing like dug s**t in all but 45 minutes against St. Johnstone.

I'm sure if he signed a three year deal and had liked pictures on Twitter no one would have batted an eyelid.

'dugs**t in all but 45 minutes'

Wow. 

20 hours ago, chubbs said:

Defenders doubling up on him does not excuse his pisspoor running off the ball never mind the fact that his shooting is rank (apart from his worldy against Hibs last season), he rarely puts in a good cross or makes a defence splitting pass .... but by god he can run fast!!

Ripped Taviner ,got the penalty against the sheep ,scored at the tattie dome and set Boyd up against Sevco .Aye all he can do is run  

17 hours ago, All the Wine said:

You wonder what some folk see at times

We could sign Neymar and a section of our fans wouldn't be happy because he's no great in 50/50s' and doesn't put a shift in every week.

Amazing the treatment Jones gets from some of his own fans, have a word with yourselves. He's one of the most exciting left wingers we've had in years and I hope the lads' confidence comes back soon because when he's on form he's a MASSIVE asset. When he's gone, he'll be missed.