SSC and Kilmarnock charged by SFA

Rondo

I think we made a mistake by referring to the appointment of Collum to the Celtic-Sevco game. The SFA can't accept any attempt to challenge their decision making with regards to refereeing appointments and by making that statement we challenged their decision.  I don't think the SFA were right to turn down the appeal but we have to carefully consider our next course of action. We are sitting in third place in the league and we can't afford any distractions to the management team. If the club are to fight this then it is time for the (chairman less) board to step up and protect Steve Clarke from any fallout.

4 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I think we made a mistake by referring to the appointment of Collum to the Celtic-Sevco game. The SFA can't accept any attempt to challenge their decision making with regards to refereeing appointments and by making that statement we challenged their decision.  I don't think the SFA were right to turn down the appeal but we have to carefully consider our next course of action. We are sitting in third place in the league and we can't afford any distractions to the management team. If the club are to fight this then it is time for the (chairman less) board to step up and protect Steve Clarke from any fallout.

I would suspect that both SC and the board would have considered the implications of their action prior to SC making the statement public. Their next course of action will have been thought through already.

4 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

We are sitting in third place in the league and we can't afford any distractions to the management team. If the club are to fight this then it is time for the (chairman less) board to step up and protect Steve Clarke from any fallout.

I doubt SC gives a flying fig about the consequences for him.

He elected to read the statement when it could have been done by the Chief Executive, a director or Scott McClymont as Media Officer.

All so predictable from that organisation, sadly. Reminiscent of the way Kenny Shiels was treated around 5 or 6 years ago. Another example was Lennon running onto the pitch towards the Rangers fans during the final game last season with his aeroplane arms...SFA response-nothing to see here....'just a bit of banter, you know what Neil's like..' Brenda and now Gerrard able to say whatever they like without any come back as well.

We are an easy target for them as they wont expect any significant response,and no doubt believe that other clubs wont back us up either. The crowdfunder idea would certainly generate publicity. 

It is way beyond incompetence, when two clubs in particular, as well as high profile ex-employees of theirs (Lennon, McInnes) are also exempt from any reproach. 

Edited by Jedi2

I think any punishment dished out, although maybe sore to take, will just need to be taken on the chin and for me it is of secondary importance.

The important thing is, we stood up and said something that needed to be said and that others were perhaps/probably afraid to do.

The fact we did that, knowing it was likely to hurt, but was the correct thing to do, makes whatever happens worthwhile and raises our status in the game.

4 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

The fact McInnes also spoke out is a good thing and he directly criticised the competence of the panel.

More publicity for the problems within the game rather than sitting quietly by and accepting the decisions. 

The fact he did that very public ally means if he ISN'T hauled in front of the beaks, SC and Kiilies statement if proven put in the full glare of the media.

it also potentially leaves the SFA themselves open to action themselves.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

The SFA have asked for clarification on what constitutes a red card.

What a shambolic and amateur organisation.

Absolutely. Does that just not confirm what we already knew. They don't know the basic rules of football!! I would say incredible but not with that outdated archaic organisation

28 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

I think any punishment dished out, although maybe sore to take, will just need to be taken on the chin and for me it is of secondary importance.

The important thing is, we stood up and said something that needed to be said and that others were perhaps/probably afraid to do.

The fact we did that, knowing it was likely to hurt, but was the correct thing to do, makes whatever happens worthwhile and raises our status in the game.

There shouldn't be any punishment. The whole statement was well prepared and considered before being professionally delivered. I always thought we lived in the part of the world where we had free speech. or are the SFA trying to resurrect the old Iron Curtain? 

"The Scottish FA has written to the International Football Association Board (IFAB) to ask for 'clarification' on the red card law, following a number of disputed high-profile incidents in the Scottish top flight this season.

Elements of the international rule book were changed prior to the start of the domestic season, and a Scottish FA source has told Sky Sports News it would be "remiss of the Association to not seek guidance in light of recent events".

Sky Sports News understands the Scottish FA are concerned about the guidance of interpretation of these new rules, with added focus on the used of the word "brutality".

The sending off of Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos at Aberdeen and the dismissal of Kilmarnock's Gary Dicker against Hearts, along with a number of other incidents, have been sent by the SFA to the IFAB for examination.

It is unclear when the Scottish FA expect a response to their request."

Edited by skygod