On this day but who would play on Saturday - Volume 1

BoydsFace

2 hours ago, Garvis said:

Ian Bryson played a couple of seasons in the English top flight how many of our current team could do that ? 

And he was very close to a cup final appearance at Wembley. Sheffield United fans loved him and so did fans at his other clubs down south.

Very underated when he was here but Bassett spotted his potential.  

1 minute ago, historyman said:

I don't remember him being underrated by anyone.... but then again I was only a kid and with no t'internet or media coverage most gossip was in work or the pub.

Also how did we get from comparing the team of 1998 v 2018 to including others??

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

And he was very close to a cup final appearance at Wembley. Sheffield United fans loved him and so did fans at his other clubs down south.

I know he’s my brother in law hahaha 

still hero worshipped in Preston 

3 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

Sheffield United became my English team when I was younger because Ian Bryson signed for them (I even subscribed to their fanzine, the excellent "Flashing Blade")...if I'm honest, although I have little interest now in English football, I still have a soft spot for the Blades.

One of the finest stadiums I’ve been in. 

On 9/16/2018 at 5:54 PM, DuncanEwart said:

Sheffield United became my English team when I was younger because Ian Bryson signed for them (I even subscribed to their fanzine, the excellent "Flashing Blade")...if I'm honest, although I have little interest now in English football, I still have a soft spot for the Blades.

Snap, was pleased when Ian got a big move, I was dating a girl from Kilwinning whose two younger cousins both played for the 15s at that time, went down regularly as a result of that at the time. (Dirty weekend) Was there at the end of last season and did intend to head over, Stella won that night and I'm sure i missed 7 goals in a 4-3 defeat. Great club that despite West Hams cheating and the result of that have played within their means even if far too long was spent in League 1. Brilliant season last year in what we know is one of the most competitive leagues in the world.(parachute payments the exception, mind you the owners seem to have been sweeping those up in recent years) 

Edited by kilMARKnock
Spelling three letter words