Tommy Burns Programme

Garnkirk20

Looking forward to seeing this, though I don't know when/how it'll be made available to exiles. TB was a legend. It's a shame it ended how it did and when it did - just a few more years could've really cemented his legacy (not that he doesn't have one), but McCann is a snidey wee s**te and it all got a bit messy and heated there for a bit. Burns came along at a formative time in my fandom and much of what it means to be Killie stems from how he carried himself and the way his teams played.

1 hour ago, kevin1869 said:

Looking forward to seeing this, though I don't know when/how it'll be made available to exiles. TB was a legend. It's a shame it ended how it did and when it did - just a few more years could've really cemented his legacy (not that he doesn't have one), but McCann is a snidey wee s**te and it all got a bit messy and heated there for a bit. Burns came along at a formative time in my fandom and much of what it means to be Killie stems from how he carried himself and the way his teams played.

I use a programme that saves iPlayer shows as an mp4 but for some reason this has been added without a PID so it can't be downloaded yet. But as soon as the PID appears I'll download it and pop it in a dropbox for you to download.

Update - got it downloading now, I'll put the link up ASAP.

Edited by Cill Mheàrnaig

29 minutes ago, superfan said:

I have just watched the recording. So after an hour and twenty minutes, a box of tissues and bailing out my living room what do I conclude.

Though I new at the time when he signed for Killie this programme reaffirms what a genuine human being TB was. It was a privilege to have him at our football club.

this.

An all round gentleman. Outwith the football he was a real good man.

32 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Just watched that. For a guy I never knew and just missed his time at Killie as I started going the season he left (although hes the first Killie manager I remember from TV) that hasmd me wrecked at the end. Good balanced program. Enjoyed. 

It was a great time to be a killie fan. He gave everything for when he was at killie. He always loved us when he wasn’t here. A true gentleman to the last.

After T Burns was sacked by McCann. He arrived at Newcastle as a coach .I wrote him a letter wishing him all the best and thanking him for what he did for us. To my surprise i received a hand written reply from him on Newcastle Utd headed paper. Not just had he taken the time to reply but had written it himself.  

32 minutes ago, Fankle said:

Great man. Enjoyed the programme and it was very emotional at the end. 

A mild criticism though, the chronological jumping about was a bit strange, and could the guy playing him not have shaved his beard off? 

Aye I thought the order was a bit all over the place at times.

Good watch tho and very sad in parts.

4 minutes ago, Neilly said:

A great man a Killie legend got us promotion and we have never looked back he set the foundation at Killie I had a wee tear in my eye those were the days at rugby park 

Spot on i have been supporting killie since the late 60s my favourite ever killie manager genuine guy who loved our club and who only would have left us for his boyhood heroes by the ruthless ben turpin lookalike

2 hours ago, Ycfc1922 said:

The man is an absolute legend. Kilmarnock FC would not be where they are today without him. 

There is no doubt that from a playing perspective he was the single most important player in our revival and return from the lowest league. His arrival really started the transformation of the club and was a master stroke by Fleeting. One of the greatest players in our history. 

56 minutes ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

It was a bit of a shock to see people like Jim Fleeting and George McCluskey that I havent seen for a long time looking old in fact I didnt recognise Jim Fleeting till his name appeared on screen!

I know what you mean about McCluskey but on the plus side Tosh McKinlay looks just the same and Danny McGrain has looked like that for the last 20 years! 

9 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

It was a bit of a shock to see people like Jim Fleeting and George McCluskey that I havent seen for a long time looking old in fact I didnt recognise Jim Fleeting till his name appeared on screen!

Fleeting can still play a bit, I was playing against him in the over 35s league this year and for his age the man is in tremendous shape and has a great level of fitness. 

Not sure I can blame the hormones for my greetin’ in the last 10 minutes but a good show. As a few have mentioned there could definitely be improvements made (apart from anything else they glossed over the fact that his relationship with Fergus was damaged by his refusal to lie during the killie v celtic compensation case, and, from a killie perspective it would have been nice to see some of the Rugby Park tributes) but they certainly made it clear what a great man he was and how loved he was. 

edit: Would love to know what this post did to deserve a down vote!

Edited by Lulu97