KFCSA old firm survey

Buggsy

The only way the bigotry and bile will stop is when the football authorities decide that they are responsible for their own fans and begin docking points for it. Otherwise there is no incentive. Fines won't work however, Europe do this but it hasn't stopped it anywhere in the continent. At the moment the SFA can't get refereeing appeals right unless it panders to the Glasgow pair. What chance something as contentious as this?

Grant powers to the match commander. If they see or hear enough sectarianism, they stop the match. Innocent team is awarded 3 points and a 3-0 win. Guilty team is fined heavily and deducted 3 points, If its both teams at fault, they both lose 3 points and are fined heavily + made to play next game behind closed doors.against each other.

Pipe dream I know, but we can dream.

Filled the survey out but the problem is so much bigger than a football problem. The sectarian element in our society pass it down from generation to generation. Most of the kids of today don’t even understand the history behind it. As far as Policing the games is concerned there are fewer Police than ever Policing football matches. That is simply down to cost. Clubs use less Police and more stewards probably on half the money. There are too few Police in a stadium to begin arresting hundreds of bigots safely. I can’t even imagine the severity of the crowd trouble if a match Commander abandoned a game due to sectarian chants. As far as the club I unfortunately don’t have any real answer as to how they make the game more attractive to Killie fans. Those I know that don’t attend these games will never return. Their minds are mad up and that’s that. Some have genuine reasons but some use it as a reason not to go. This problem will always be part of our society and I don’t see it ever changing.

Done, in my eyes we will never get our own fans back to these games, unless we restrict them to one stand which aint going to happen, altho if the survey shows that fans dont feel safe or are intimidated on exit, then the away fans could/should be held back for 10 to 15 mins.

And comments asking folk to man up are totally pointless, if there are those who feel they don't want to expose their self or their family to this situation at the end of a match then that should be respected and ways of helping these home fans sought.

To be fair I have not seen any issues home or away in recent years, the issues of the past surrounded the title deciders, but such was the poison on those occasions, many have never returned. 

12 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

As has been said many, many times by the people who go, if you are sensible there is virtually zero risk to your safety. No matter how often we say it, some people are determined not to hear. 

I generally go to all the infirm games and with the exception of the "Rangers winning the title" game I have never felt any more uncomfortable or "unsafe" than any other game.

I do not have a scobie about how to change perceptions.

While there appear to have been some incidents in the past, I have never had any issues at all. The only way to get things better is to change the mindset that was created by ourselves after the League game, when was that? about ten years? 

We need to encourage our kids to come to these games, the singing of songs will not hurt them, neither will their  fans as they are less likely to try and enter our end when game on tv, Ayrshire kids will meet up with these songs and fans every day in life, we created this massive decrease in home support by asking for forms to be filled in etc, we put up barriers for our own fans, useless ones too as many Ayrshire OF fans just filled in sheet with their details and bought tickets.

They don't  enter areas that are filled with home supports, get our fans back and everything will improve, sadly this won't happen when you get fans in their 50's and 60's not going because of their songs??? wtf

I forgot to add in mine that I strongly disagree with the price increase for these games. I know all the information about increased policing costs etc. But the bottom line is we are still watching the same 11 killie players who we paid £22 to watch in the last home game. A 20% increase for this game is simply not viable. This is a MJ left over and there is no reason why we can’t lead from the front and change this mentality.

Realign the price with other league matches. £22 a ticket when we are giving them 8,000 tickets is already generating significant income. Dropping the price by £4 to encourage home fans back is a worthwhile trade off.

Hold the away fans back for 10 mins at full time to allow Killie fans to leave without fear of altercation. 

Make it easy for family season ticket holders to ‘bolt on’ an upgrade for each old firm game at a special price to encourage their attendance. 

Delivering on each of these actions will go a huge way to seeing more Killie fans attend these games