KFCSA old firm survey

Buggsy

35 minutes ago, superfan said:

Much as we would all prefer this option who under writes the approx. £100k in lost revenue. Would we attract an extra 4,000 Killie fans ? 

Would it be possible to segragate sections of the west and east so that they still have the numbers but are contained at one end of the ground?? 

1 hour ago, Mojike and Bod said:

£22 a ticket when we are giving them 8,000 tickets is already generating significant income. Dropping the price by £4 to encourage home fans back is a worthwhile trade off.

Nice idea but £32k x three or four is a lot of money to forego.

I think every other club except Hamilton increases their prices for the OF.

14 hours ago, Buggsy said:

Can you expand on That McLean07 in what regard we will be collating results and taking them to club. 

The security requirements are way over the top as the demand by away fans is satisfied by their existing allocation. The price is prohibitive, as the game is often on TV and we usually don't often get a result. We need an imaginative promotion for Killie fans, like buy one get one half price, while leaving theirs at £27. We need to encourage family ticket holders. Even though safety is OK after the game, we may need to do something to reassure people.

54 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

We might have only given them one end but they still had either part of the East stand or part of the Frank Beattie stand which would be preferable to what we have now, but as superfan says, would we fill our own end ?

I get what you’re saying guys but surely the safety of our supporters is first and foremost.

17 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The security requirements are way over the top as the demand by away fans is satisfied by their existing allocation. The price is prohibitive, as the game is often on TV and we usually don't often get a result. We need an imaginative promotion for Killie fans, like buy one get one half price, while leaving theirs at £27. We need to encourage family ticket holders. Even though safety is OK after the game, we may need to do something to reassure people.

Agree with all of that, make those games part of a multi-game deal so that they actually work out good value. Since we know they will be on TV try lowering the price for once and restricting them to one end with part of the FB or East stand and making family tickets valid. 

1 minute ago, Killie alan said:

I get what you’re saying guys but surely the safety of our supporters is first and foremost.

I would guess the board would say making money is most important.

3 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

It is safe, folk have just got it into their head that it's not.

The pubs in the town will be full of tims on sunday, same as it was last month against Rangers and there will be zero issues.

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Three new people ready to sign up to TiK when relaunched. Hopefully numbers will get a boost. 

Great to hear! Sunday, with the unveiling of the History Board at 10.30/10.45am, marks the end of Phase I. Managed today to get the Park Suite for a cuppa afterwards so TiK people attending aren't twiddling their thumbs 'til kick off. Will get that out to everyone shortly.

We are planning the next phase and how best to have the discussion with everyone regarding potential projects. (The 'Chairman with £100k' was a useful thread)

Arranging a 'Meet Cathy' thing too soon...........hopefully Sunday will bring a few folk to have a blether with her informally in the Park Suite first.

There is a lot of REALLY pro-active stuff going on behind the scenes and a real desire for positive change.

51 minutes ago, jmthmsn said:

Great to hear! Sunday, with the unveiling of the History Board at 10.30/10.45am, marks the end of Phase I. Managed today to get the Park Suite for a cuppa afterwards so TiK people attending aren't twiddling their thumbs 'til kick off. Will get that out to everyone shortly.

We are planning the next phase and how best to have the discussion with everyone regarding potential projects. (The 'Chairman with £100k' was a useful thread)

Arranging a 'Meet Cathy' thing too soon...........hopefully Sunday will bring a few folk to have a blether with her informally in the Park Suite first.

There is a lot of REALLY pro-active stuff going on behind the scenes and a real desire for positive change.

Seemed a bit early, but I might come along now. 

it is what it is to me - personally I don't mind either the old firm coming to RP. I like the atmosphere when both ends are filled up.

And when you beat them it is even better.

I have never felt intimidated by them.

I think the 2 points raised above would get more fans coming back to these games

• Realign the price with other league matches. £22 a ticket when we are giving them 8,000 tickets is already generating significant income. Dropping the price by £4 to encourage home fans back is a worthwhile trade off.
  • Make it easy for family season ticket holders to ‘bolt on’ an upgrade for each old firm game at a special price to encourage their attendance. 

23 hours ago, jmthmsn said:

Won't the Park Suite have the hospitality people in it before the game?

I used to get really riled by their songs but that’s exactly why they sing them. They think it makes them big/ clever/ hard/ smart. No matter how vile their celebration of murderers is nothing is ever going to get done about it. Just ignore it, don’t boo or get upset and just be glad that you’re not one of them. Don’t worry about your kids hearing it - if you bring them up properly they’ll also realise how pathetic and sad it is. 

It is a problem with our society as a whole but it’s not about “culture” or “heritage” - it’s about being scum and a lack of respect. I don’t think they actually hate each other because they’re just the same as each other - it’s everyone else that they’re trying to offend.

On 21 September 2018 at 3:04 PM, jmthmsn said:

Was planning to come, but my daughter decided to produce our fourth granddaughter last night, so I think I'd better go and see her :) Hope it goes well, and tell Sir Steve I'm asking for him ;) 

14 hours ago, Caldow said:

I used to get really riled by their songs but that’s exactly why they sing them. They think it makes them big/ clever/ hard/ smart. No matter how vile their celebration of murderers is nothing is ever going to get done about it. Just ignore it, don’t boo or get upset and just be glad that you’re not one of them. Don’t worry about your kids hearing it - if you bring them up properly they’ll also realise how pathetic and sad it is. 

It is a problem with our society as a whole but it’s not about “culture” or “heritage” - it’s about being scum and a lack of respect. I don’t think they actually hate each other because they’re just the same as each other - it’s everyone else that they’re trying to offend.

This 100%, but unfortunately I can’t stop myself getting annoyed at the lack of action from the authorities.