Hibs away, Fred

CB

Very unlucky not to take a point from that. Agree about their first goal, why the ref pulled it back for a free kick after giving them an advantage which had naturally played out was a poor decision. They were then 2 up with their first two efforts on goal, slack marking from the corner. Two brilliant team goals to get back into it, the next goal always looked likely to a winner in the 2nd half. Was hard to tell with the pen, but looked soft at the time, Jamie very nearly got to it as well. We should definitely have had a pen at the end.

Thought Brophy, Stewart and Power in particular were excellent. Tish, reckoned was 'okay' Burke was probably better 2nd half in some ways.Back 4 were generally fine. Think we had settled for a point when Byrne came on. He did look tidy in passing and getting around. Bright didnt have long enough.

A word for what was another brilliant away support..around 1000.

We certainly don't seem to get any luck against Hibs. They look a weaker side this season minus their midfield three of Allan, McGinn and McGeouch. Confident we can finally beat them next time out at RP though. 

Edited by Jedi2

29 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Just as we can all appreciate what Kris Boyd has done for the club over his three spells, it has been the correct decision to play Brophy and Stewart ahead of him in the last two games.

The same now has to be said about Jordan Jones. He can only get a place for so long based on past exploits and on the possibility (increasingly rare) that he's going to do something that changes a game. The lad - for whatever reason - is just not contributing at the moment. Obviously the Jones fan-boys will start screaming like wee lassies but he surely he can't be selected next week...

Had a couple of runs in the second half where he looked like his old self but his decision making let him down again.

Disappointing way to lose a game which was very even. Hibs seemed better at pressing our players, too often they were able to make easy passes but we were being harried when in possession. Can never understand why managers bring on a player after 87 minutes (Enobakhare) expecting them to make an impact. Would have brought him on at the same time as Byrne or even when Boyd came on. Two set-pieces and a dodgy penalty (at least it did seem dodgy from the away end) did for us.

Edited by Wrangodog

3 hours ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

Stonewall penalty for Hibs. Broadfoot didn't know that MacLaren was behind him, went to clear the ball and the Hibs forward nipped ahead of him and Kirk took him down.

Not seen it back but looked incredibly soft to me and SSC said the same after seeing a replay post match.

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

why the ref pulled it back for a free kick after giving them an advantage which had naturally played out was a poor decision.

Under the laws. the ref should allow play to continue when an offence occurs and see whether the non-offending team will benefit from the advantage.

If no advantage materialises within a few seconds, he will penalise the offence.

I don't know for sure, but this sounds like what is being described.

• CB unpinned this topic

Hibs fans after the game saying it was never a penalty, good enough for me. If there is any doubt don't give it, ref couldn't give it quick enough.. We didn't play well enough for the entire match to win it but didn't deserve to lose it like that. 

I have a feeling there might be a few more dodgy decisions coming our way. 

2 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

To the little bint that kept shouting Fenian baastards about Hibs today, you are an embarrassment to yourslef and the club and i hope you never darken our support again

Not sure calling her a bint is helpful, but I heard her and several others around her use the word fenian on several occasions during the game. Also, really embarrassed crossing the bridge to Bothwell Street to hear some Asians crossing in the opposite direction referred to as “chinky bastards”. Thankfully my 11 year old didn’t ask too many questions, but surely we have moved on and are better than this kind of nonsense! 

5 hours ago, Malkmus said:

If there is any doubt don't give it, ref couldn't give it quick enough.

I haven’t seen today’s match but I worry that refs are now siding on the give the foul, penalty etc and be absolved by the appeals process rather than not give it and face consequence afterwards in private. 

9 hours ago, Malkmus said:

Hibs fans after the game saying it was never a penalty, good enough for me. If there is any doubt don't give it, ref couldn't give it quick enough.. We didn't play well enough for the entire match to win it but didn't deserve to lose it like that. 

I have a feeling there might be a few more dodgy decisions coming our way. 

You better believe it. Just the beginning. Gonna get nothing from these refs all season. As for penalties. Forget it. Just me being paranoid

Aberdeen fans may suggest the referee "gave " us something at piitodrie....

hard to see from away end but there was surprisingly not too many protests at the time by our players , did feel we should had a penalty later on 

Byrne looks a player but be interesting to see where he fits in if we continue with current system , still feel we may get more consistent results going back to the formation we played last season 

42 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

I didn't hear anyone shouting fenian where we were sat. After the match some Hibs fans were calling us huns in disguise walking across the bridge. 

I'm personally not into all of that s**te, but can someone tell me the difference us singing huns at Aberdeen and what was said yesterday. 

Quite a big difference for me. 

‘Hun’ is daft and in this day in age some say is offensive. But for me it will always mean a Rangers fan, nothing to do with one’s faith. 

Meanwhile the word ‘fenian’ is a derogatory term towards a catholic, historically and in today’s society. 

This kind of behaviour from these dafties is embarrassing - go and follow that mob at Ibrox if that’s how you want to behave. 

46 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

I didn't hear anyone shouting fenian where we were sat. After the match some Hibs fans were calling us huns in disguise walking across the bridge. 

I'm personally not into all of that s**te, but can someone tell me the difference us singing huns at Aberdeen and what was said yesterday. 

I think you'll find nearly every club's fans call them "huns", because calling them "sectarian, uncivilised, moronic,bastards" doesn't fit into many songs.