Start we have made

kfc_superteam

We've made a solid but unremarkable start to the season. Good win against St Johnstone and an excellent win against Aberdeen and narrow defeats against Hearts and Hibs. Disappointed not to beat Livi. Although they have had a good start to the season we should be beating them. Think we have made some good signings, I think Stewart looks to be an excellent signing. 

Going out the betFred was disappointing but not the end of the world. Once the Celtic game is over hopefully we can start putting a run together. Key thing is we are looking good and have an excellent manager. After the first round of games I'm hoping to be near the top. 

Edited by kfc_superteam

We’ve done ok nothing more nothing less. Most would probably have banked on a couple more points by this stage but we are in a better position than some in the league and certainly where we were at this stage last season. Manager said the other day that was his first chance to have the whole squad together so we are probably a couple of weeks away from getting a proper indication of how good a side we actually are. 

On the plus side we’ve been relatively solid as a defensive unit. The midfield is once again an exciting prospect with a couple of unknown qualities and we have in Brophy and Stewart a new attacking partnership who’ve quickly formed a decent partnership.

I'm fairly happy, as someone else said we would probably have been happy with 2 points from visits to Aberdeen and Hibs, we got three.

Won't be the biggest upset ever if we take something from Celtic either.
This squad seems to have a good balance about it, and still a few settling in and learning the systems.... feeling positive

Happy enough with the start although a win at livi would've been great.

My main gripe is the points lost to the edinburgh 2. Its not just a point lost to them as obviously they gain more ground on us from "winning" and we saw how tough it was to reel in Hibs last season. BLOODY REFS!!!!! 

Hopefully Dundee don't sack mcann before we go there.

Key thing for me is Killie are looking capable. It's too early to tell but I don't think Aberdeen and Hibs look as good as they were last season; meaning if we do put a good run together we could be looking at matching them or better. We also saw Hearts weren't anything special against us either, although they have improved from last season. 

For me, after an early snap-shot of the first five games, third/fourth place looks achievable for a few teams. 

Hearts have been very fortunate so far but they have lost Lafferty, which will weaken them in the longer term. 

The league looks like being a lot tighter this season - who would have foreseen Livingston being level with Celtic at this stage (well done, Gary Holt!)?  

The time to review our start is after the first round of matches and I’m fairly confident we will be well placed. 

What the club can’t afford is for the spat with the SFA to distract us, although I expect SC will insulate the players from any daft talk of vendettas by referees. 

Edited by skygod

First opening win in ages, First win over aberdeen in 20 odd games, good signings and playing well.

Not beating Livingston was disappointing but our other 2 results have been heavily influenced by the referee with Dickers dodgy red card and 2 shocking penalty decisions in hibs game. A game we played very well in.

We've looked competitive in every game which is what SSC always asks for. We'll pick up points no bother with the way we're playing atm.

Agree that the points we could have had off the Edinburgh two but for poor ref decisions and possibly could have beaten livvy but they will surprise a lot of teams at home and not so sure we will do ceptic on Sunday feel YM may play and make a big difference to them but as has been said I'm sure SC won't be thinking on anything other than a win!

Our points tally seems slightly light given the performances but only by a point or two. Two draws against the Edinburgh teams and I think that would be a fair enough reflection of the points our play has deserved (so 9 points instead of the 7 we have). We didn't deserve to win against Livi (though we easily could have) and we perhaps didn't do enough even with 11 men to deserve anything against Levein's hammer throwers. 

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Agreed we look "capable" based on what I have seen so far. Last season SC said he thought that a few lucky breaks had resulted in us doing better than he expected. So far this term we seem to have been on the wrong end of the majority. Hopefully they will even out over the season.

Perhaps we should keep track of the influential decisions for and against to see if they do even themselves. Even just take a snapshot of the first round of 11 games to start with. 

So far: For 1                        Against 3

Abn 10 men                  Dicker (red), Hibs pens (both) 

Any more?

2 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Perhaps we should keep track of the influential decisions for and against to see if they do even themselves. Even just take a snapshot of the first round of 11 games to start with. 

So far: For 1                        Against 3

Abn 10 men                  Dicker (red), Hibs pens (both) 

Any more?

No red card for Ikpeazu flying elbow (against)

Some on here had the league won before the international break. The same people who had written Rangers off before our betfred up game and had predicted a walkover against Hibs last weekend. 

That said, this season is possibly the most competitive in recent memory and anyone is capable of beating anyone. 

38 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Some on here had the league won before the international break. The same people who had written Rangers off before our betfred up game and had predicted a walkover against Hibs last weekend. 

That said, this season is possibly the most competitive in recent memory and anyone is capable of beating anyone. 

If the league is more competitive than usual and the final table more concertinaed as a result, what would success for Killie look like?

Would sixth but within 12 points of the leaders be a better achievement (and one to build on) than finishing fourth/fifth but more than 20 points again behind a distant Celtic?

20 minutes ago, Jon said:

If the league is more competitive than usual and the final table more concertinaed as a result, what would success for Killie look like?

Would sixth but within 12 points of the leaders be a better achievement (and one to build on) than finishing fourth/fifth but more than 20 points again behind a distant Celtic?

Top six would represent success IMO irrespective of the points total. 

55 minutes ago, Jon said:

I can’t see 12 points separating the top 6 at the end of the season, but I’d personally prefer to finish fourth 20 points behind. The chance of European football would be massive for the club

3 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

So far only real black cloud has been the performance of Jones, the second half against St Johnston excepted. Think a wee seat on the bench beckons. We couldn't have had much harder a start to season, I'm pretty happy wtith what I've seen, top 6 beckons again

Totally agree with this. He's been a passenger for most of the games so far and offers very little defensively. It's been made even more obvious by the fact that Chris. Burke has been the total opposite and has been one of our best players so far.