New deal for o'donnell

kfc_superteam

Seems like a no-brainer for him: he’s under contract until 2020 anyway and the club will sell him if the right offer comes in. He might as well be paid a bit more in the meantime.

He seems very family-orientated and is maybe in no hurry to return to England after his Luton Town experience. 

But, as a club, we should be looking for his replacement for if and when he does leave. We need to be smarter at scouting the lower divisions for gems and the signing of Edin Lynch is a good sign. 

Edited by skygod

Good of the club to try and get him signed up. He's become our biggest asset ahead of jones in last season. Not sure if he'll sign though. His stock has never been higher than it is right now so might think he can get a big move down south. Still 2 years left though so even if he doesn't sign and moves in jan/summer it would be good cash for the club.  

2 hours ago, KillieBantam said:

Better be a £5m o.f.o release clause built in

If that Neanderthal at Aberdeen is quoted by McInnes as a £10m player then I’d want at least a comparable transfer fee as they’d get. 

As a side note, I fully expect SOD to be the new face of Boss aftershave in coming months too. Handsome, talented modest bastard!!

21 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Million quid anyway. Great news. Love Sod always a brilliant guy and fully deserves the recognition he is getting at the moment. To think only a year ago he was absolutely hoaching. 

I don't think he was. He suffered because of poor management but he was a very good player at thistle.

Good management has brought out the best in him.

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

If that Neanderthal at Aberdeen is quoted by McInnes as a £10m player then I’d want at least a comparable transfer fee as they’d get. 

Agreed, how that dirty f**ker has got away with practically stripping boydie of his strip is still beyond me.

Edited by Beaker71

13 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

I don't think he was. He suffered because of poor management but he was a very good player at thistle.

Good management has brought out the best in him.

He was good going forward but suspect defensively. Working with a great coach who just happened to be a top class right back has helped him enormously.

15 hours ago, Bullitt said:

McKenna is a very good player. He's also still very young, captained his country and Aberdeen have already knocked back silly money for him so they are well within their rights to ask for silly money.

IF we get SOD tied up on a new deal then we'll be able to hold all the aces when it comes to asking for a fee but you can't compare the two until he does.